Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whalley  (Read 5353 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #45 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 13:22:06 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "Batch"
Exactly STA . He doesn't owe us anything.
he owes us a performance

Has he had a game where he played well yet? If so, my memory has forgotten it.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 13:36:29 »

i think nearly every club has players surplus to requirements on contracts.
its just the way it is in football,we dont like it but its tough i'm afraid,right or wrong!
whalley may well feel hard done by and not given a fair chance by sturrock maybe?
or the money offered wasn't enough in his opinion? the fact his he has a contract that the club have to honour whether he plays, gets injured or whatever.thats the nature of it all.
he hasn't asked to leave, so if i were him i would have done exactly the same and turned it down.
he is looking after no1, loyalty ect means nothing to him and most other players.their careers are short so they coin in what they can
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 14:00:18 »

It may be a common thing in football but I refuse to say it myself he is a man clearly like alot of us have in the past and hes get stuck in a rut but rather than do something about it, he would rather sit in our reserves pick up his no doubt over inflated pay check whilst doing nothing.  Since he has been here he has been injured, underperformed and generally not contributed in anyway to this club if any of us did this in our jobs we would be booted and unemployed probably without a pay off, just because the attitude of the modern day footballer is arrogant & lazy doesnt mean we have to accept it  :?
STFC Village

« Reply #48 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 14:37:54 »

From Whalley's point of view, i suppose it's all about how quickly (if at all) he can get a deal with another club. If he could get, say, half of what he's owed from this contract, then immediately sign for another club on much reduced wages, he'd probably take it.

I think he realises that nobody above a Cherry Red Records league side will sign him, so he'll be holding out for the maximum then retiring i imagine
red macca

« Reply #49 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 14:48:19 »

Quote from: "Amir"
Quote from: "red macca"
Also this makes him no different to ruddock in my opinion

The difference I see there is that Ruddock should be much wealthier an individual due to the level he played his career at, so he should have been able to cut the club a bit of slack.

The problem with Whalley is that he probably doesn't think he'll be able to get a contract anywhere else that will fill the gap between what the club are offering, and what he'll get if he stays.
but the principle is the same.sit on my ass and get paid for fuck all
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 17:33:42 »

Quote from: "Bartek"
Guys , he is a 'grandpa' (33 y.o) . Is he a notable player of Swindon ?
If not , I'd sell him as fast as possible to get some money and bring some fresh , young midfielder....

No, he's never really played.

I'm sure we would. Problem is, nobody in the proffesional game would want him. He doesn't have anything going for him, aside from his passing.

You could tell he'd lost it when you barely noticed him agaisnt a Salisbury City reserve side.
TalkTalk

« Reply #51 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 20:31:32 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
Has he had a game where he played well yet? If so, my memory has forgotten it.

Yeovil away last season.

His first game back after being injured (again  :roll: ) I think.

He was very, very good.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 20:35:24 »

You cant blame the player he was to do whats best for himself and his family.No doubt the buy out offer was derisary anyway.

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: