Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83675 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 07:44:18 »

Did BBC Wilts say why?

Assuming not, i think a lot of people here are creating all sorts of shit up. Can't it just be that McCormack is a better leader than Caddis? Caddis always seems to me really quiet on the pitch. McCormack is the one who leads on the pitch for me.

So assuming nothing else has happened i'm quiet happy with the change of captaincy.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 07:56:59 »

Maybe he asked to give it up ?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 07:57:41 »

Did BBC Wilts say why?

Assuming not, i think a lot of people here are creating all sorts of shit up. Can't it just be that McCormack is a better leader than Caddis? Caddis always seems to me really quiet on the pitch. McCormack is the one who leads on the pitch for me.

So assuming nothing else has happened i'm quiet happy with the change of captaincy.

I think there might be something in this. I personally don't see Caddis as a natural leader. Perhaps he instigated it himself?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #63 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:04:26 »

McCormack is obviously more vocal on the pitch and a lot more experienced in the captains role, as long as Caddis is not put out or upset by the decision then there are no problems.

Maybe PdC though Caddis did not give his all as captain or that Caddis himself couldn't give his all to the role?

If there is indeed friction between PdC, Caddis, Ritchie and Flint then this needs sorting out quickly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:08:42 »

I'm waiting now for the 'well the gaffer and I put our heads together and we both thought I'd be able to do what I needed to on the pitch a little better without having to worry about being Captain as well' interview.  Well, hoping for it anyway.  Botham was a better player when he was relieved of the England captaincy.  Fingers crossed it's something like that.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:18:33 »

I hope the club will make a full statement about this.  Thereare innocent reasons, I guess which could explain this decision.  But I have been a Caddis fan since he joined, and even in the early days, when others were not sure about him, I thought he would demonstrate his outstanding qualities - and he has.  However, he was only made skipper late on last season - Commazzi was the original nominee, I seem to remember.  He seemed to come across well in public (and I know people at the club who would strongly agree with that); that doesn't necessarily make him a great team captain but PR for the team is at least part of the job....

From comments on here, he is clearly a very popular and respected player, and a key part of the team.  Supporters deserve a proper statement of what is going on.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:18:46 »

I'm waiting now for the 'well the gaffer and I put our heads together and we both thought I'd be able to do what I needed to on the pitch a little better without having to worry about being Captain as well' interview.  Well, hoping for it anyway.  Botham was a better player when he was relieved of the England captaincy.  Fingers crossed it's something like that.

To be fair in cricket getting the captaincy seems to turn players into a heap of shit..
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:18:50 »

Please please please something like that.

sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:31:49 »

Well its on the BBC Wiltshire web site that PDC has stripped him of the captaincy, and he "informed" Caddis of this on Friday

That sounds more like its a PDC decision than a joint one ?

Wise men say........
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:35:03 »

Pure speculation but was Caddis the subject of the turned down bid? Not being funny but in all the preseason games I watched he seemed off the boil, almost distracted...
« Last Edit: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:37:09 by @MacPhlea » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:35:58 »

Off to oxford
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:42:30 »

At least the timing isn't bad.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:49:48 »

I propose a day of mourning.

The meltdown on twitter is most amusing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:52:01 »

McCormack is obviously more vocal on the pitch and a lot more experienced in the captains role, as long as Caddis is not put out or upset by the decision then there are no problems.

Absolutely, or even if he is angling for a move then its understandable. As said above, BBC's reporting using words like "stripped" and "informed" don't bode well. Lets hope that is typical journalism at work.

And the OPs post regarding not just Caddis but Ritchie and Flint that makes me fear that there is more to this.

Could all easily be blown out of proportion/not true/half truths etc etc. I know.

All we can do is wait and see. Nothing that hasn't happened before and won't happen again.
Flashheart

« Reply #74 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 08:53:13 »

May not be the managers fault?

Think this tells us pretty much what is going on.

Perhaps Caddis has been tapped up by another club over the holiday?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: