Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry Vs Nottingham Forest  (Read 1976 times)
Asher

« on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 08:23:52 »

Went to the match last night -not a bad game but really there was no fight in the forest team and they look resigned to going down.  They dont defend from the front and play a similar style to the old wimbledon.

Coventrys ground is getting old but when they sang the noise really travelled! Only other observations were Cummings/colemans (cant remember) is a classy player with a sweat left foot and their keeper gerrard could well leave for a club possibly in the premiership.  Have a feeling their lads will put in a good show at teh CGH next year, seemed a fair few of them.

But in all the games ive been to the fans did something ive never seen - sing abuse at their own team at the end and I mean abuse.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 08:25:53 »

Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday in the third tier of the English league.  You'd never have believed that a few years ago.  Just hope Wednesday don't go up.
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 08:27:12 »

I was really pissed off by this result as i wanted Coventry to go down!!! :evil:

I remember going to Coventry years ago when i was really young and back then it was quite a good little ground!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Asher

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 08:35:42 »

yeah its  agood ground, quite big a bit dated though..... best bit of the day was coming home and stoping at the services, came out and commented to marie about some of the writting on the toilets, she replied 'yeah there was some writting on teh womens, so I took my pen out and wrote SWINDON TOWN FC' I was cracking up, shes a girl!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 08:37:43 »

I went to Highfield Road for our premiership match, Andy Mutch equaliser was it?  Thought it was fairly tidy back then.  Can imagine how it'd look a bit on the ropey side nowadays though.
Asher

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 08:39:35 »

They have a new ground from august! Yeah it was on sky wasnt it that game?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 08:49:51 »

Yes it was, if my memory serves me right, it wasn't scheduled to be on Sky, but the Wednesday match that was due to be shown was postponed early in the day.  So Sky came down to Covvie to show us snatch a draw.

New ground looks amazing.
Asher

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 08:52:31 »

yeah thats teh one, I watched it at my sisters remember it well now!
Marie

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 10:01:39 »

Quote from: "Asher"
yeah its  agood ground, quite big a bit dated though..... best bit of the day was coming home and stoping at the services, came out and commented to marie about some of the writting on the toilets, she replied 'yeah there was some writting on teh womens, so I took my pen out and wrote SWINDON TOWN FC' I was cracking up, shes a girl!

Its got to be done!
Marie

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 10:02:43 »

Oh and it was Krissie Commons and Paul Gerrard.
Asher

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 10:02:57 »

Holigan
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 10:13:54 »

Yeah I saw that game on Sky.

I seem to remember that my Dad wasn't too well that day, so we didn't go, but it was on Sky so we were reasonably happy about it.

Only thing was they lost the transmition 3 minutes before the end while we were 1-0 down.

Richard Keys and his gang were all talking about a Cov win, when all of a sudden in a "news just in fashion" Keys told us of Andy Mutch's equaliser.

Great days, great days.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 10:19:51 »

Really??  i never knew that they lost transmission.  So the Mutch goal wasn't televised?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 10:24:56 »

but we've never ever beaten forest  :|

ooooh the game's on sky sports news! wahey
bash mcsheffrey

officially blacker than the night.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 7, 2005, 10:38:45 »

Well, the goal was televised, but only after they had told us we'd scored.

I think it was about 5 minutes late, good goal I think.  Some sort of bicycle/scissor kick effort?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: