Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southampton away  (Read 22325 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 14:49:42 »

When I phoned on friday we'd apparently sold 950 of our 3,000 odd allocation. Dunno if many more would pay on the day?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
swindonSaint

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 15:14:02 »

Afternoon gents.  Saints fan in Swindon here (in peace!)

Hopefully you guys take a decent number down on Tuesday night, I'd have thought you'd take a fair few more than the 950 mention before.  Its only a hour down the road afterall.

It should be a good game with two form sides.  Hopefully from my point of view the Saints will turn around the score from the County ground last August when you ripped us apart. 

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 15:25:43 »

If we dont take 2000 to this we should be ashamed, we are chasing promotion, its a new ground and its close. Get your fucking act together town fans.

Rule of thumb is we take double whatever tickets we pre sell.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 15:40:19 »

Afternoon gents.  Saints fan in Swindon here (in peace!)

Hopefully you guys take a decent number down on Tuesday night, I'd have thought you'd take a fair few more than the 950 mention before.  Its only a hour down the road afterall.

It should be a good game with two form sides.  Hopefully from my point of view the Saints will turn around the score from the County ground last August when you ripped us apart. 

Tough game for us. We've been on a great run in the last few months before those 2 defeats. Getting back on track yesterday was great however we have a few injuries to some key players so we may have to go with a 4-5-1. I think a point would be a great result for us.
swindonSaint

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 15:55:52 »

Tough game for us. We've been on a great run in the last few months before those 2 defeats. Getting back on track yesterday was great however we have a few injuries to some key players so we may have to go with a 4-5-1. I think a point would be a great result for us.

We've had a settled team for the last few games and the only change that may happen for us tomorrow is Osteabor maybe giving way to James (as he came off after 15 minutes on Saturday against Leeds)

Saints fans are seeing this game as a must win if we are to have any chance of the play offs (which i think we'll come up just short) but after winning seven league games in a row at home together with some decent January signings (Fonte and Puncheon) the confidence is certainly there.

For those who are having a pre match beer in Southampton, pretty much all the pubs local to the ground will let you in with shirts.  Never normally any trouble apart from when we play the blue few from along the M27.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 17:03:59 »

Thanks for the tips Saint - plenty of parking round the ground?
With your home winning run & our depleted (small) squad I'd definitely take a point, but we have enough about us to get a win. Was impressed with the noise you made at the CG (until you realised that you weren't gonna cuff the carrot-crunchers  Wink), one of the loudest I can remember at our place.
Puncheon is an exciting & dangerous player, I remember him ripping through us in a Barnet shirt & thinking that it was laughable that someone that good was playing for them.
COYR
swindonSaint

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 17:32:11 »

Thanks for the tips Saint - plenty of parking round the ground?
With your home winning run & our depleted (small) squad I'd definitely take a point, but we have enough about us to get a win. Was impressed with the noise you made at the CG (until you realised that you weren't gonna cuff the carrot-crunchers  ), one of the loudest I can remember at our place.
Puncheon is an exciting & dangerous player, I remember him ripping through us in a Barnet shirt & thinking that it was laughable that someone that good was playing for them.
COYR

There isn't a huge amount of parking around the ground. I always use the multistory on St Marys Road or the open car park on trinity road although you have to be there early to use this one.  You guys also have your own dedicated away fans park and ride.  This is just off the M27 at junction 8 (Hamble).

Cheers for the compliment on our away turn out at the county ground. Shame the team couldn't match us that night. If it wasn't for Kelvin Davis in goal it could have been five!  Thankfully for us our team is pretty much unrecognisable from then.

Oh and COYR???   I'm agreeing with you there!  You'l be in your white away kit?   Wink
One F In Fitton

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 17:48:02 »

There isn't a huge amount of parking around the ground. I always use the multistory on St Marys Road or the open car park on trinity road although you have to be there early to use this one.  You guys also have your own dedicated away fans park and ride.  This is just off the M27 at junction 8 (Hamble).

Cheers for the compliment on our away turn out at the county ground. Shame the team couldn't match us that night. If it wasn't for Kelvin Davis in goal it could have been five!  Thankfully for us our team is pretty much unrecognisable from then.

Oh and COYR???   I'm agreeing with you there!  You'l be in your white away kit?   Wink

Ah yeh fair enough - it's a habit. You've got white in your kit haven't you so I'm thinking the all-blue 3rd kit - COYB. We wore that kit at Fulham & still our fans were singing come on you reds  Roll Eyes Doh

Again thanks for the tips - park & ride for us I reckon. Sounds hassle-free & easy to find.
swindonSaint

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 17:56:28 »

Again thanks for the tips - park & ride for us I reckon. Sounds hassle-free & easy to find.

It is easy.  Junction 8 and follow the signs.

It will obviously drop you off at the ground.  The nearest pub to the ground is the King Alfred.  If you walk along the Northam End of the ground (where you are sat/stood) and walk up over the bridge by the railway track it will bring you out on Northam Road and you'll see the KA from there.

If the weathers nice you can stand outside where they'll have a BBQ going and every normally mixes well.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 18:52:42 »

Its only a hour down the road afterall.

I'd like to know which route you take! Smiley

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 18:55:53 »

M4 newbury - A34, takes an hour.
swindonSaint

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 19:00:41 »

I normally come off at Junction 14 and take the road across through Wickham and Wickham Heath to meet up with the A34.  Not sure its much quicker but it breaks the journey up!  Takes just over any hour from my house in Freshbrook.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 19:16:03 »

Suppose it depends what time you leave. Traffic is the issue whenever I've gone.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 19:31:34 »

When I phoned on friday we'd apparently sold 950 of our 3,000 odd allocation. Dunno if many more would pay on the day?

I'll pay on the day
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 19:44:52 »

i bought 3 yesterday so 953
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: