Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I love you Paolo  (Read 11796 times)
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:24:24 »

http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/laptv/podcast/fl-extra/swindon-cant-afford-di-canios-850k-basic-salary/? Worth a read .dont know how they get their info.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:53:53 »

As long as he doesn't do a Ruddock on us and end up costing us a lot of money in compo, that would right royally fuck up this seasons promotion attempt.

Unlikely to be this season as would never get to court that quickly, but could hang over us.

I would hope that there is some form of indemnity within the sale to limit new co from claims against old co - actually do we know how the sale was completed has another holding co bought the club or have they bought Swindon Football Holdings Ltd.

Would be interesting case as I suggest that slating employers in press for a prolonged period is probably also a breach so could lead to counter claim.

But paolo never would he was getting a tattoo you know....
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:55:49 »

I would hope that there is some form of indemnity within the sale to limit new co from claims against old co - actually do we know how the sale was completed has another holding co bought the club or have they bought Swindon Football Holdings Ltd.

STFC's new owners are Seebeck 87 Ltd
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 15:56:38 »

But paolo never would he was getting a tattoo you know....
You're really bitter about that tat, aren't you? Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 16:04:43 »

You're really bitter about that tat, aren't you? Smiley

Yeah it’s beginning to look like that isn’t it… Cheesy Cheesy

It’s more a personal thing with the way he pulled the whole ‘we are all in this together’ angle and then buggered off when things got rocky, we knew the statements were just spur of the moment things to make him look good, but ultimately they were no more than the footballer kissing the badge.

In life generally I get irritated with bullshit like this and perhaps Paolo’s tattoo, or lack thereof has come to personify self-publicity!

However if Jed promises to get a tattoo I will support him to the hilt!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 16:06:43 »

I think Di Canio largely just said whatever came into his head at the time he was saying it. He probably meant it while he was saying it, but expecting to hold him to it or taking it seriously would be like berating a 34-year old for not keeping the promise he made when he was 5 to become an astronaut.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 18:18:51 »

CVan you just stop and think about this for one second. The adorable Paolo brought us some of the zenith moments in the history of STFC and certain individuals have already started disparaging him. I can see this causing a great schism. Are you joking me? When we're back in mundane impersonal nothingness, you'll yearn for the hero, ultra hero, that is PAOLO DI CANIO.
This guy is spot on.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 18:47:04 »

Lets see how much he loves him when he comes back and sues our arse for compensation citing breach of contract shall we ?

Been a while since I did employment law but I'm not sure how he could tbh. Where's the breach of contract? Even if having a certain amount of money to spend was part of his agreement, he'd spent the season's budget already.

The fact that Ritchie was sold behind his back isn't likely to do it, if the owners/Directors of a company want to dispense with an employee's services without telling their line manager first then that's a piss poor way to go about things obviously, but ultimately tough shit.

That said without knowing exactly what his agreement was then who knows. Just seems unlikely. And there would be a certain irony if he did sue the club for breach of contract, considering he will have almost certainly breached at least 2 players contract's during his time here with his very public and very vicious bollockings!

Edit: bollocks, must change avatar  Doh

« Last Edit: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 18:50:21 by manc_red » Logged
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:14:08 »

then why have legal representation at the meeting with the new owners ?
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:27:58 »

then why have legal representation at the meeting with the new owners ?

Potentially renegotiating his contract? Think I read that somewhere?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:36:00 »

He did renegotiate didn't he?

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:38:00 »

I think him renegotiating his contract was made up.
nochee

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:38:53 »

More than likely to ensure he had a way out
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:39:47 »

There was talk of it, but I didn't think he actually had. Could be wrong though, the last 2 or 3 weeks are all a bit of a blur!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:59:41 »

Paolo says statement made about him is bollocks.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: