Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon Town Vs Scunthorpe United Matchday Thread!  (Read 12066 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 18:07:06 »

Quote from: "blinkpip"
Quote from: "RichPullen"
Quote from: "Nomoreheroes"
Bugger ! Goal disallowed and a penalty given ?

Cmon Roberts !

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh !

NMH

Roberts has done NOTHING in this half.

Roberts played really well today!  :x

i thought first half he was getting lazy and was annoying the hell out of me.

second half when fallon went we had to play football and pass it around which we did to great effect.

Bouzza was fucking awsum today. when he ran at them he looked so dangerous.

Also anyone take note of Gurney and his Hoddle like passing. He made some quality balls out wide and showed a lot of comitment

Rich Pullen

« Reply #166 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 18:12:43 »

Quote from: "PHIL!!!!"
Quote from: "RichPullen"
I'm very proud with how we performed after Fallon let us down.

Fallon didnt let us down at all. He was extremely unlucky to get sent off. Their defenders were tauntin him throughout the game too and the ref....well....what can i say....one of the worsed referees i think i have ever seen.
Good to see that the defence played well today and Heaton was hardly ever troubled.
We could have won today, a goal disallowed, McDermott missed a great chance in the first half, Bouzza was unlucky not to score when he put a shot wide of the far post. And there were more chances.

I think what was frustrating for us listening at the time was that he was warned seconds before committing the same offence and then getting sent off so soon after... The commentators were saying Iffy was telling him to keep his cool pre-red card too/

Getting taunted is a part of football.

I'm not slagging Fallon off, he has been our best player this season but he was foolish today and he'll miss at Huddersfield.

In hindsight his sending off got us going a fair bit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, October 22, 2005, 18:33:26 »

Fallon can have no complaints. That dive was embarassing and the ref warned him about jumping 2 minutes before he walked. Not sure what he was doing wrong (leading with the elbow I assume), but he had been warned.

We were largely cack for the second half, a little better in the first. Not sure Iffy got 4-3-3 right - the midfield of Pook (average player), McDermott (ditto) and Whalley (not got the legs in a 3) are pretty poor. I guess Bouazza and Roberts were men to help out but it didn' t work.

One good thing, only conceeded one in 3. Not sure if tthat is down to an improvement in luck, experience coming back in or hard work. If we can be mean in conceeding it is a base to build on.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, October 23, 2005, 12:09:20 »

The backline has improved, he didnt play yesterday but I think Ifil has come on leaps and bounds since he stopped getting slated every week.

Also since Paddy Collins hasnt been playing.

Roberts played well in spells, and awful in others. Very mixed bag

Fallons sending off help us, meant we stopped playing long ball and had to pass it to feet.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: