Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon town -v- Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill-walllll official matc  (Read 29324 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:40:12 »

Good shout....so why bring off your pacey forward....

Because as he proved yesterday, Revell is the one you want chasing the ball around up top on his own. He ran his bollocks off. I doubt Hutchinson would've been as effective.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:44:07 »

We ended up playing with none up front basicly...on account of Revell having to track back on four Millwall defenders constantly....he did work very hard granted...but mainly in our half....probably missed Topi yesterday as he wouldve been a better outlet with his pace.
Spencer_White

« Reply #302 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:46:02 »

Hutchinson? Pacy? Your having a laugh!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:46:43 »

Hutchinson? Pacy? Your having a laugh!

I thought the same as you Spencer. In fact id go as far to say that Paynter is probably quicker
Spencer_White

« Reply #304 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:47:53 »

The problem with Hutchinson is his pace is mediocre. But his 'football brain' is slower than that.

Got found out time and time again at Exeter.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:50:32 »

I thought the same as you Spencer. In fact id go as far to say that Paynter is probably quicker

Paynter runs on the spot...getting silly now Tans
dell boy

« Reply #306 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:52:12 »

Paynter runs on the spot...getting silly now Tans

Paynter works his socks off - one of the reasons he runs so much is he cant control the ball and has to chase after it, terrible first touch for a forward playing on his own up front. Different player when he laying the ball off quickly to a nippy partner.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:58:05 »

I actually thaught Hutchinson caused Exeter problems with his runs...so did the Exeter fans i talked to afterwards....his goal at Brentford showed he has a football brain...it was a clever run and a very cool finish....me thinks your being abit hard on him!
Spencer_White

« Reply #308 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 12:00:19 »

He got put through at least twice at Exeter and never came close.

Credit where its due, it was a good finnish at Brentford. But for me, he is the weakest of all the strikers weve played so far this season.

My only criticism of Paynter is that he can be a bit soft if he isnt up for it. Overrall hes been a good player for us, created a lot of goals last year.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 12:04:35 »

Got to agree about Paynter....we look alot better when hes in the team.....well maybe not alot...but moving on now we are only 8 behind the leaders and its still two months to Xmas so ware in a good position..............and to only lose one match all season so far is good....very good in fact.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 12:05:18 »

I thought it looked a bit more two footed than it did from the DRS! I think he's gone in with one foot but his trailing foot was quite close behind.

Still think the reaction mde the refs mind up.

Looking at it again on the TV, it looks like a foul, but if played in slow motion Douglas got the ball with the lead foot which made no contact with the Millwall player, was bought down with Douglas's trailing leg, so wasn't even a foul let alone a yellow or red.

The p[layer milked it for all it was worth & should be reported tpo the FA for bringing the game into disrepute

From the Dark Side
Spencer_White

« Reply #311 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 12:05:58 »

horrible somalian looking twat that he is.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #312 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 12:09:24 »

9 out of 10 doesn't mean he was right.
The best way to defend is to be up and at them and they did this well when only had 10 men.
We seem to be a side who never goes for the jugular, Millwall were there for the taking, like all the other sides who have visited the CG this season, but on every occasions we have sat back to try and defend a one goal advantage.
Southampton who were awful nearly nicked a point against us, and I cant have the argument that our players were tied, after a 10 hour day at work I would understand, but not 90 minutes on a fotoball pitch.

Really? We were getting mauled in midfield and on the wings. Losing a midfielder for the sake of two strikers would have cost us a point.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 12:13:18 »

horrible somalian looking twat that he is.

Soapy Tit Wank

Interesting to see [before the referee intervened] how well we fared against a play-off side from last season, and one that really dominated us at home at a similar stage in 08/09.

No doubt at all that Millwall are in decline, whereas we are on the up.

If only we had a goalscorer or two in the side. Maybe that is something to look forward to next season.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 12:17:44 »

I'm increasingly liking the look of Cuthbert.  Ages since we've had a defender who comes anywhere remotely close to "Ohh Shaun Taylor" for scoring goals from set pieces.

On a nother note good to see Jack Smith again, & so glad he didn't come back to score against us

From the Dark Side
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: