Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon town -v- Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill-walllll official matc  (Read 29324 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 10:03:43 »

Think they're out on Monday

Cheers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 10:11:45 »

i was wrong about douglas having seen the footage.

I thought it looked a bit more two footed than it did from the DRS! I think he's gone in with one foot but his trailing foot was quite close behind.

Still think the reaction mde the refs mind up.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 10:12:24 »

Well, having seen the Douglas tackle again I'm even more incensed by the decision.  Ferry's effort was worse and I'm even bordering on thinking it's barely a foul now, let alone a booking.  I'd appeal that based on the TV evidence.  I'm still not convinced the JP foul was worth a straight red either, booking.

Arriba, my take on your biggest grumble:

We'd run our socks off.  You may not agree, but it was abosultely clear the players were looking like they were running in mud when Revell went off.  We'd used up our subs to cover the sending off (Timlin on to shore up the midfield and hold on, yes hold on has to be the name of the game when a man down and leading, and then Lescinel on because Millwall were having too much joy down their right wing).  Paynter had to come on, so decision is made for him.  Now we are left with 5 defenders, 3 midfielders and a forward.  How do you manage to get a 2nd player upfront without too many square pegs in round holes and not exposing our flanks where were second best defending at times?  We had to stay 4-4-1 at best and use two defenders on one wing.  I think Wilson would have loved to have gone a different way, but his hands were tied by the players available on the pitch.

Leefer, were you pissed?  Millwall created 2 or 3 good chances before the sending off and caused us no end of problems down the flanks.  They are miles away from being the worst team to visit us this season, I'd say they are probably the best, along with Colchester ( who I thought at the time were well organised and set-up to do a job that would cause a lot of teams problems at this level).

We should have had a penalty in the 2nd half and created a couple of half chances that weren't taken (Amankwaah bursting into the box before stopping and Revell latching onto a good low cross but turning away from goal and shooting well over instead of working it the other way or trying first time).  You can't carry on pressing against 11 men when a man down, especially when you are getting trouble on both flanks - we'd have been picked off at will in the last 30 mins if we'd have tried that.

Fucking ref
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 10:29:59 »

Cheers.

Or I-player

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00n9lgb/The_Football_League_Show_2009_2010_10_10_2009/

Our game is about 25 mins in
dell boy

« Reply #289 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 10:47:31 »

Re appealing: Isn't it the norm if you appeal and lose the suspension is increased? If that is the case is it worth doing or just take the punishment. I think the ref got it wrong and was bullied into the decision. It certainly wasn't in the Scoles class. and if he had made the same tackle in the premiership it would definitely been a yellow only but it was definitely a card.

Jack Smith was a great servant for us last season and maybe pissed off he didn't receive a contract I thought he deserved it. Remember last year it was Smith who was kicked to fuck by the Millwall players, he even had a punch up in the tunnel after the final whistle.
Spencer_White

« Reply #290 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 10:57:28 »

There is a lot of crap on here about Wilson.

At 11 vs 11 we were by far the better team. The ref allowed himself to be influenced by Millwall players who deliberately reacted to get Douglas sent off. Something they did again and again during the match. Douglas' was a slightly mistimed tackle, nothing more. The team ran their socks off yesterday. Millwall do play old school basic football, but to say they were crap is also nonsense.

Leefer and Arriba, lots of moaning about the subs, but no mention of who he could/should have actually put on. The problem we had was that Danny Wilson had no pacy options on the bench. We just could not trouble them on the counter attack. OBrien would have made a difference, but he's not back from injury yet.

Yesterday was a good effort, just got fooked up by the ref, sending off one of our best players. End of the day it was a point gained. Nothing at all like Wycombe, which was 2 points dropped.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:09:14 »

Robert and Spence....why do you get all uppity about people like myself knocking the team occasionally.....in fact i didnt knock the team....i had ago at DW tactics which again baffled me....straight away withdrawing Hutch for Timlin was saying.....hear you go Millwall..we will sit back and hope you dont score cos we only have ten men....thats my opinion ime allowed it..Millwall were ok on reflection Robert but no better than any team we have played.....people who know me realise how much i love the team.....DW has done a great job and braught some quality in....Douglas being removed from the fray showed how much he means to the team......when  Millwall went down to Ten they equalised and nearly won it.....Paynter was on the bench....Hutchinson had been taken off so in my view it was again negative tactics at home.......i cant remember us having a shot in the second half,yet Millwall had half a dozen while down to ten men......anyway onwards and upwards...you cant have a forum without different views....it would be boring.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #292 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:09:57 »

9 out of 10 managers would do the same though.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:13:48 »

Robert and Spence....why do you get all uppity about people like myself knocking the team occasionally.....in fact i didnt knock the team....i had ago at DW tactics which again baffled me....straight away withdrawing Hutch for Timlin was saying.....hear you go Millwall..we will sit back and hope you dont score cos we only have ten men....thats my opinion ime allowed it..Millwall were ok on reflection Robert but no better than any team we have played.....people who know me realise how much i love the team.....DW has done a great job and braught some quality in....Douglas being removed from the fray showed how much he means to the team......when  Millwall went down to Ten they equalised and nearly won it.....Paynter was on the bench....Hutchinson had been taken off so in my view it was again negative tactics at home.......i cant remember us having a shot in the second half,yet Millwall had half a dozen while down to ten men......anyway onwards and upwards...you cant have a forum without different views....it would be boring.

Youve caught a whopper!
dell boy

« Reply #294 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:16:06 »

9 out of 10 managers would do the same though.

9 out of 10 doesn't mean he was right.
The best way to defend is to be up and at them and they did this well when only had 10 men.
We seem to be a side who never goes for the jugular, Millwall were there for the taking, like all the other sides who have visited the CG this season, but on every occasions we have sat back to try and defend a one goal advantage.
Southampton who were awful nearly nicked a point against us, and I cant have the argument that our players were tied, after a 10 hour day at work I would understand, but not 90 minutes on a fotoball pitch.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:17:38 »

Youve caught a whopper!

A Gudgeon Tans....no more.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:26:41 »

I dont think they are being uppity leefer it's like you say everyone has different opinions on how they view the game,although i must appologize for coming over a bit aggressive last night,I guess i should stop reading those adver comments first,Im 99% sure we would't have sat back had we not been down to ten men,It's just instict is it not that when any team goes down to ten and are infront they sit back and try to hold on.

I have noticed something tho we seem to dither a bit when the balls in our area,maybe someone just needs to stick their boot through it now and again and hoof it away at times,rather than just trying to play it out of trouble.

On another note i see the board have revised matchday ticket prices,a big well done for that mr fitton and the board,lets hope it helps to fill the town end and give's us a twelth man.
Spencer_White

« Reply #297 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:28:14 »

Hutchinson for Timlin was quite blatently the correct substitution. If you have your most influential player sent off you have to try and replace him somehow.

It was lack of pacy options that cost us. We need to get better at counter attacking. Go up the other end and smash one in, like Revell did at Brentford.

Its frustrating, but things just went against us yesterday. The team worked very hard, they couldnt have done much more.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:31:09 by Spencer_White » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:35:57 »

Hutchinson for Timlin was quite blatently the correct substitution. If you have your most influential player sent off you have to try and replace him somehow.

It was lack of pacy options that cost us. We need to get better at counter attacking. Go up the other end and smash one in, like Revell did at Brentford.

Good shout....so why bring off your pacey forward....the defence are all capable of pushing up and helping the midfield...straight away it gave the Millwall defence no work to do......also didnt see Millwall going all shut up shop when they were down to ten.....in fact they did the opposite and nearly snatched the winner.......
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 11:38:36 »

I do believe thats 14 unbeaten at home now?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: