Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon town -v- Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill-walllll official matc  (Read 29312 times)
deltaincline

« Reply #270 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 23:33:33 »

I'm not sure if our defence are told to sit back to defend a lead by Wilson, or if they just take it upon themselves to do it or maybe even do it as an unconcious reaction to having already conceeded so many late goals this season.

Given the obvious quality, professionalism and confidence of Greer and Cuthbert, I'm leaning towards it probably being a managerial instruction, though I may be wrong.

Whether I'm right or wrong though, as has been said many times today, if we sit deep with only a one goal cusion, we are inviting teams to have a pop at us.

Putting aside the 10-man issue today, If we had productive and dangerous front men to give the opposition defenders something to worry about throughout the entire match it probably wouldn't be quite so easy for them to put us under pressure at will. Good as Greer and Cuthbert are, they aint fucking super-humans and will get knackered and make mistakes from time to time.

Revell and Paynter are OK players on their day but neither of them will ever play the leading role in a decent or successful strike partnership at this level.

What I'm trying to say is that we need a decent fucking striker. Sort that out and this season is game on for some fucking excitement in May 2010.

Sticking with the setup as it is at the moment though - whilst we'll all be relatively happy as we've come a fucking long way since the dark days of Wills and Diamandis (and I don't want to come over as an ungrateful, whinging fucking cunt) - it will be dissapointing if we dont do well this season as we have so much fucking potential.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 23:44:29 »

I looked for the Douglas 'slap', but couldn't see anything? Will have another look when individual highlights go online.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 23:53:54 »

Just watched the league show and it was shite as usual.

Only divvys 1 and 2 and they fucked it up.

Our highlights were shit...

NO pen shout.

No Millwall hitting the post.

No Milwall bullet header over.

Shite...

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 00:12:30 »

Although on a second viewing he did seem to give one of the millwall players a slap
Bollocks. Just watched it three times and the Millwall player runs up to him in his face and he pushes him away, no more. Nowhere near giving him a slap, push to the chest, pushing away an agressor
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 00:14:59 »

Just watched the league show and it was shite as usual.

Only divvys 1 and 2 and they fucked it up.

Our highlights were shit...

NO pen shout.

No Millwall hitting the post.

No Milwall bullet header over.

Shite...
Absolutely, but at least they had the lass reading out the texts from people who couldn't even get on 606 to give us a really insightful view of the day's proceedings
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 02:29:47 »

Just watched the highlights and the Douglas tackle was nowhere near a red card, a yellow maybe but even that would have been harsh. He might have gone in with two feet, but he went well under the Millwall player and there was no suggestion of any intent. I couldn't see any sign of a slap either.

The Millwall player was a blatant red, it looked even worse than I saw with his foot being at chest height when he made content with JPM.

I'd say its worth challenging the Douglas decision, there is no way the ref would give a red seeing it in detail.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 07:44:17 »

The Douglas challenge was quite close to where I sit in the DRS. Hardly anyone around me thought it was worth a red and it looks even less like a sending off on the highlights.

We really have to appeal it, I don't  fancy playing Norwich without Douglas. It was quite noticeable yesterday that our midfield struggled badly after we lost him, he brings the best out of Ferry and JP.

I used to quite like Jack Smith and felt we should have kept him as a squad player. After his reaction to their equaliser yesterday he now goes down as a grade A fucking twat.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 07:47:04 by Barnard » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 07:52:59 »

What did he do?

I wasnt there so dont know
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 07:54:27 »

He ran to a young female town fan, got his tesicles in his hand and thrust them towards her.
Disgusting!
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 08:10:09 »

He ran to a young female town fan, got his tesicles in his hand and thrust them towards her.
Disgusting!

Before pulling a machete and beheading several stewards and a ball boy.

Nah, he just made a big deal of celebrating, directing it at the DRS. It wouldn't normally have bothered me, but he wasn't getting any real stick (at least from what I could hear) from our fans.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 08:25:21 by Barnard » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #280 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 09:22:21 »

Millwall players were a fucking disgrace, bunch of moaning bitches the lot of them. Even Jack Smith got in on the act in the 2nd half.

Ref was absolute dogshite. Not biased, just shockingly inept.

Team performance- Up to the Douglas sending off we look easily the better side and may have gone on to win convincingly. Even after JD went we looked pretty good with the team battling to keep the lead. After the second sending off though it looked like we were still playing against an extra man and the goal was sadly inevitable.

Not got anything to say about DW's tactics, his substitutions were spot on. The problem lay, imo, with the players starting to sit further and further back, pumping long balls up to Revell (Or Paynter) who, even if they won them, had no one to lay it off to. Don't think you can blame Danny's tactics for the players starting to get twitchy.

If we had drawn 11 V 11, it would have been 2 points dropped. As it was, I'll settle for a point.

I have to agree with pretty much all of that Steve, Revell ran his bollocks off up front we just lacked that creative spark to put in a killer pass instead of humping it up to Revell or Paynter.

Millwall are the whingiest bunch of fuckwitts I have seen since Wimbledon and Cambridge, the Douglas tackle was right in front of me and it didn't look 2 footed to me but I havent seen the replay yet, looked harsh and Douglas did not slap the Abdou at all he went over say sorry for mistiming the tackle and 5 Millwall players intervened, the ref IMO got it wrong it was a yellow.

The ref said he is willing to examine the evidence and rescind the red if he is proved wrong so he couldn't have sent Douglas off for a slap.

Ferry, Cuthburt & Greer were awesome, Kennedy looked lost on the left wing (apart from 1 lovely Cruyff turn).

Revell looked fit and sharp and a better all round target man than Paynter.

JPM had his best game that I have seen him play.

Dissapointing result but still unbeaten in 12.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #281 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 09:32:45 »

I didn't think Kennedy had a good game in defense either. I can see why JFL was subbed on and Kennedy moved to left wing though because the lad has a decent cross and McNamee was leaving the full back exposed even before Douglas was sent off.

Would have been interesting to see Jean-Francois's silky skills on the left wing though.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 09:56:13 »

Can anyone post a link for the highlights...cant seem to find them today.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #283 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 10:00:08 »

Think they're out on Monday
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 10:00:31 »

about the town fans singing "forever blowing bubbles" like john said to me, its worrying how many people actualy know the words from the song. we put it down to watching green street too many times.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: