Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon town -v- Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill-walllll official matc  (Read 29308 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:04:17 »

Going down to 10 men was tough snf i dont think Revell is good enough to play upfront on his own.

I've never seen a player run around and be a pain for defenders so much in a game. Even Cox wouldn't have been able to sustain that level of running for the length of time Revell did.

He can be hit and miss with his touch in front of goal at times but when you're down to 10 men and hoofing the ball over the top you want a player like Revell playing there. He also won a fair bit in the air.

He played well against Colchester, had a very good display at Brentford last week and tried his bollocks off today. I do wonder what the hell he has to do to convince some people. Yes he is hit and miss but he's our best option in a single striker situation. We don't have Cox any more. Get over it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:06:57 »

Am I the only person that thinks using fatigue as an excuse for the way they played towards the end is complete and utter bollocks?

Yes, yes you are...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:08:48 »

I've never seen a player run around and be a pain for defenders so much in a game. Even Cox wouldn't have been able to sustain that level of running for the length of time Revell did.

He can be hit and miss with his touch in front of goal at times but when you're down to 10 men and hoofing the ball over the top you want a player like Revell playing there. He also won a fair bit in the air.

He played well against Colchester, had a very good display at Brentford last week and tried his bollocks off today. I do wonder what the hell he has to do to convince some people. Yes he is hit and miss but he's our best option in a single striker situation. We don't have Cox any more. Get over it.

But Si, he didn't score so he must be shit.

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:09:43 »

Neil Harris didnt get sent off for trying to slap Big Kev though did he?

two footed lunge, my arse...

well what was it then? play on?
 debatable if it's a red but fuck me there are some blinkered opinions on here as usual.
we were as dirty and whiney as they were.amankwaa was as guilty as harris.payner kicked their guy in the upper thigh.jpm made a meal of the foul which got matey sent off.

the most important point which none of you seem to have seen(or at least commented on) was wilsons negative tactics when we were 10vs10
that cost us the win.not the ref
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:11:09 »

well what was it then? play on?
 debatable if it's a red but fuck me there are some blinkered opinions on here as usual.
we were as dirty and whiney as they were.amankwaa was as guilty as harris.payner kicked their guy in the upper thigh.jpm made a meal of the foul which got matey sent off.

the most important point which none of you seem to have seen(or at least commented on) was wilsons negative tactics when we were 10vs10
that cost us the win.not the ref

Well fuck me let's just slit our wrists now. Why do you bother going? You just moan all the time...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #170 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:11:55 »

Apologies if it's been posted already but the last line made me chuckle. They had an extra man for much of the game, fitness shouldn't have been an issue?

Millwall manager Kenny Jackett told BBC London 94.9:

"Mixed emotions really, we finished strong and looked like the side that would win in the second half.

"We needed more in the box, we had so many chance and so many opportunities.

"Pleased with the side' s attitude and the fitness to keep going."

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:12:18 »

it was a late challenge. Nothing more. Free Kick. Booking.

We were as dirty and whiney as they were? when, how many times did we have 5 players around the ref? when did we ever chase him?

When it was 10 vs 10 hadnt we already made our 3 subs. We'd defo made two of them so wasnt really much else he could do?

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:12:37 »

To be fair i'd agree with Arriba's last sentence.

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #173 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:13:16 »

Sounds like an eventful one. Jonny Douglas' suspension could be costly but this is the chance Craig Easton has been waiting for and I imagine he'll be well up for it.
dell boy

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:14:21 »

I completely agree with your post.

You have to be a true fan to be a Swindon fan, we dont alf seem to put up with a lot ... last season I prayed that an opposing keeper would make similar blunders to our two tossers in goal. Now this season the frustration of all those late goals conceeded, when will one go in the other net for a change.
How many points have we thrown away this season by sitting back on one goal leads?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:15:58 »

too many, we've won 2 at home. In truth we could have won all of them.

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:27:16 »

Well fuck me let's just slit our wrists now. Why do you bother going? You just moan all the time...

where am i moaning?
you regularly misquote me just because i aint got my blinkers on.so because i didn't see it all our way=moaning eh?
jog on lad!
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:30:16 by arriba » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:29:40 »

One constant in our late concessions, is that this season I believe they've all been scored by substitutes...obviously when a team is behind, they'll try and stick some more attacking options on...which should in theory open up gaps for a counter attack. We don't and haven't for a very long time finished strongly in games at the CG.

Wilson needs to sort out some kind of strategy for dealing with this...because this is our good spell, and we need as many points as poss, as doubtless a shit run is around the corner.

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:32:03 »

it was a late challenge. Nothing more. Free Kick. Booking.

We were as dirty and whiney as they were? when, how many times did we have 5 players around the ref? when did we ever chase him?

When it was 10 vs 10 hadnt we already made our 3 subs. We'd defo made two of them so wasnt really much else he could do?

rubbish.we invited them on by sitting back.they had the luxury of being able to play 3 at the back  making a spare man to go upfront.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #179 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:35:30 »

Thid was all set up for a good game - both teams attacking and going for a win. They were getting a lot of space on the wings and putting in some decent crosses but had no end product. we were looking good and there was some good passing.
Then the ref happens - late challenge from Douglas - it should be a yellow but no cuntchops decides its a red.
After this I don't think it really matters what tactics Wislon or Jackett deployed  or what the players actually did as we'd entered the Twilight Zone and anything could have happenned and did. At this stage they might as well have halted play and tossed a coin.  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: