Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Brentford Official JPT Matchday Thread  (Read 17422 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, November 10, 2010, 18:28:02 »

If Pericard had missed the two chances that Austin did the forum would be in meltdown.

Pericard didnt score our only goal?

I know what you are saying though.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, November 10, 2010, 18:29:48 »

Takes me back to the good old days.

Left side, Right side and Middle.

In fact any pointless chant, Celtic/Rangers, even Swap Shop/Tiswas Cheesy
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, November 10, 2010, 18:37:48 »

That was my first Swindon game. Think he scored it at the stratton bank end though.

Oh right i must thinking of another goal then, was only a young'un back then as well so memory of it isnt the best.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, November 10, 2010, 20:32:15 »

How Austin missed that rebound off Ball's shot I will never know but he looked off the pace all game. Not the ususal Austin which was dissapointing to see.

I thought the same thing about Austin on Saturday.  Didn't look overly interested.  Hope that sorts itself out soon enough.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 08:31:08 »

Pericard didnt score our only goal?

I know what you are saying though.

Understood Spencer, but let's be fair, as much as we'd be in the cart without Austin's goals, he has missed a lot of chances in the last couple of home games, whereas last season it seemed like he couldn't miss.

I suspect it's 'second season syndrome', where it's not all quite so fresh and exciting for him, more attention being paid by opposing teams, (and indeed his injury). Let's hope he regains the real spark soon.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 08:39:43 »

At times he look dis-interested against Charlton aswell.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 08:44:20 »

austin is a better player than last season.
parkin had times when it looked like he wasn't interested too.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 09:25:53 »

Understood Spencer, but let's be fair, as much as we'd be in the cart without Austin's goals, he has missed a lot of chances in the last couple of home games, whereas last season it seemed like he couldn't miss.

I suspect it's 'second season syndrome', where it's not all quite so fresh and exciting for him, more attention being paid by opposing teams, (and indeed his injury). Let's hope he regains the real spark soon.

If 9 goals in 13 starts is 'second season syndrome' then I am pretty happy.  He didn't look disinterested to me the other night he looked annoyed he had missed those chances and we were not winning, plus there full backs and centre backs kept trying to shove into him every header and you could see it was winding him up.  In the vast majority of games this season he has looked the only player interested.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #203 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 09:28:07 »

Who do people compare Austin to Parkin? Austin is 10000% times better than Parkin ever was. He has an all round game where as Parkin was just a goal poacher. Dont get me wrong, Parkin scored goals and did well here but isn't fit to lace Austin's boots.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 09:30:12 »

The scary thing is with the two chances v Charlton(good saves) and the couple v Brentford that wasn't scored he could be on 13 for the season..........i would get a top quality finisher in to coach him for a while because his goal scoring record could end up frightening....25 in 42 is a great record...but it so easily could of been 35 in 42.
Austin really should go to the top in the game...its in his hands.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 11:58:24 »

Who do people compare Austin to Parkin? Austin is 10000% times better than Parkin ever was. He has an all round game where as Parkin was just a goal poacher. Dont get me wrong, Parkin scored goals and did well here but isn't fit to lace Austin's boots.

what the fuck are you talking about?

Parkin wasnt just a goal poacher, infact he scored a few long rangers for us - even an overhead kick. Something Charlie hasnt come close to doing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 12:24:07 »

Charlie is like a Liniker - right place right time and (usually) deadly finish.

But I think he has added a fair bit to his overall game too with bringing others into play, strength and winning headers. So much so that he's starting to look like our best player at times - not bad concidering he was a brickie little over a year ago!

Parkin was brilliant at this level too though, bit early for comparisons.

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 13:20:42 »

i wasn't comparing austin to parkin in a like for like-who is better way at all.
what i said was quite clear.
parkin was, and austin now is the talisman forward for us.
parkin had games where he didn't look interested,and as austin was mentioned numerous times for doing this on tuesday it prompted my post.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 13:24:26 »

Austin is 10000% times better than Parkin ever was.

Take 3 zeros off that and you might be close.

Austin has had 12 months of high performance, Parkin delivered for 3 seasons which is something that you dont see that often at this level.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 13:24:46 »

i wasn't comparing austin to parkin in a like for like-who is better way at all.

Who do people compare Austin to Parkin? Austin is 10000% times better than Parkin ever was.

Paranoid Arriba! I was referring to Gazza.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: