Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford v Swindon Matchday & Buildup  (Read 23960 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 17:03:05 »

FBT - "too early to tell" - hip and medial
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 17:05:33 »

Morris:
- Asked for certain things against Sutton
- Wanted us to be able to defend our box. Showed them a video this morning
- Loads of things we have to improve on
- Defenders took responsibility
- Defended from the front
- Hard earned
- Defended the box better than yesterday
- Dont think we have had any luck for the 3 games before this
- Gave them too many opportunities for them to press
- Only very small periods of the game when we have been good at the front and back
- Take care of the passes and keep them clean. That makes the other team work more and lets us rest
- Workrate today cant be faulted
- Knew that the pitch would be poor. Put it up in the team meeting that he didnt want the pitch to be an excuse. If a bobble killed us, he told the players he didnt mind
- Made too many mistakes still
- Pleased we didnt fold to give them the opportunity to score a second
- Nice to get first win. But more pleased for players and fans as the last game was hard to take
- Players put a shift in.
- A lot of work to go still
- FBT is not one to come off the pitch if there isnt something wrong.
- Dont know the extent, but hip and knee
- Brand: Good for fans to get confirmation from the club. Morris knew what was going on for weeks. Will be happy when its all sorted.
- Kadji: Has been ill for a couple of days. Wasnt fit to train or travel yesterday.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 17:12:51 »

715 away fans, well done.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 17:31:48 »

Unfortunately can’t see anything other than another defeat, however would be just typical Swindon to somehow shithouse a 1-0 win

Well we definitely managed to shithouse a win, albeit 2-1 despite only having 1 shot on target.

Much needed win for everyone, just need to get players back fit to give us a few more options
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 17:34:03 »

The change that Morris made when FBT got injured won us that game.  If that was Lindsey he would have brought Minturn on and stayed with the formation, so hopefully that is a sign that Morris is starting to impose his style onto the team.

At least it looks like we dodged the Duncan Ferguson bullet..  Happy that we seem to be starting to move in the right direction and am looking forward to see what Morris will do when he gets a semblence of a squad back.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 17:37:35 »

We are going to win tomorrow.

Well called Duke glad you and all the away travelling fans were rewarded with a win 👍🏻
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 17:40:16 »

Important win today
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 17:53:52 »

Finally a win. Much needed. Dug in deep. Bar the kicking at the end Brynn was great at claiming crosses. Clayton solid. FBT a big old loss. Iandolo hopeless, doesn’t have a clue does he? Typical the injury of FBT came from Iandolo getting skinned- how’s your luck 😭. Mceach unreal in the middle, smart smart player. Cain anonymous imo. Khan very lucky not to get sent off at end, great player but a little brain dead at times. FairPlay Darcy, been very weasel like recently but a lot of energy today, changed game. Class for Wakeling to get back in the goals- much needed. For once watched on ifollow today, not sure if I’ve missed it last few weeks but noticed a lot more energy and press today. It’s nice to see fight.

Unreal turnout from the fans, 700+ For our third or fourth visit here that’s a brilliant turnout. Now fucking smash Harrogate.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 17:54:17 »

Quote from: Berniman
The change that Morris made when FBT got injured won us that game.  If that was Lindsey he would have brought Minturn on and stayed with the formation, so hopefully that is a sign that Morris is starting to impose his style onto the team.

To be honest I'm not sure I'd have brought Darcy on either

too lightweight on a heavy pitch.

except he wasn't, and even match winning cross aside had a useful cameo
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 18:07:16 »

At least it looks like we dodged the Duncan Ferguson bullet..  Happy that we seem to be starting to move in the right direction and am looking forward to see what Morris will do when he gets a semblence of a squad back.

That’s bullshit.
We all know Lindsey would have bought Darcy on

…and moved him to RWB and Hutton across to LWB and Iandolo to LCB.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 18:09:07 »

Not about the performance all about the result.
A poor game but we will take that.

On train back home. Cracking day with some old friends drinking around Manchester.
We have to get out of this League.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 18:10:11 »

That’s bullshit.
We all know Lindsey would have bought Darcy on

…and moved him to RWB and Hutton across to LWB and Iandolo to LCB.

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 18:55:59 »

Got a bit of luck for a change.
We'll see if it's enough to reboot the season.

The way Salford played out from the back at times in the 2nd half was a bit like watching us in the first.
Neither of their CB's looked particularly comfortable in receiving the ball.

We improved in 2nd half following the enforced change & withstood the bouts of pressure fairly well.
Could maybe have made more of some of the counter attacks.

Come back wins on the road are always good.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 19:17:23 »

First half was really poor, second much better. The 4-3-3 suited us a lot better.

Ratings for me:
Brynn - 7
Hutton - 7
Brennan - 6
Clayton - 7
FBT - 6
Iandolo - 3 (he was absolutely dreadful today)
Khan - 7
Cain - 6
McEachran - 7
Wakeling - 8 (MOTM)
Austin - 6

Darcy - 7
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 19:23:23 »

Salford go to the top of the table for most barbaric toilet facilities. Hopefully the inch or so of fluid covering the floor was just water.

But at least the clubs in the northwest always have a good selection of sounds on before games.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: