Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Oldham official matchday thread  (Read 29330 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:08:13 »

Abysmal doesn't even begin to describe the Town performance tonight!  Kasim was a total wanker and eventually cost us the second goal - his performance tonight was absolutely awful and must be dropped if Robert is fit.  Too many triangles at walking pace and then giving the ball away, mostly by Kasim.  Why, oh why, was Gladwin playing far left, he should have been centre midfield and trying to influence the game but he was almost as guilty as Kasim for giving the ball away.  No engine room whatsoever, no bite, no tackles in midfield.  A poor, poor performance.
I assume he thinks he is too big for us now, especially as all his contempories have got big money moves elsewhere which must be a bit of a pisser for him.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:10:18 »

The fans dont understand what it's like to put up with 8 losses in the last 9. Fuck off, we pay the money as fans to see that utter shite and he questions the fans.
Look on the bright side he has paid considerably more to watch this shite than any of us have? That investment is looking somewhat shaky if this continues.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:12:21 »

Kasim clearly doesnt give a fuck atm and he's really getting on my tits. gladwin must play just behind the striker and give the lad stewart a try on the wing.

Unfortunately this is getting to the laughable stage. Be amazed if there was more than 6k there today
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:15:07 »

Abysmal doesn't even begin to describe the Town performance tonight!  Kasim was a total wanker and eventually cost us the second goal - his performance tonight was absolutely awful and must be dropped if Robert is fit.  Too many triangles at walking pace and then giving the ball away, mostly by Kasim.  Why, oh why, was Gladwin playing far left, he should have been centre midfield and trying to influence the game but he was almost as guilty as Kasim for giving the ball away.  No engine room whatsoever, no bite, no tackles in midfield.  A poor, poor performance.

I had an email this morning from the club promoting tonight's game for £23 in the side stands,  and 40% off hats. With the comments on here and the expected performance I don't even think I'd have gone if I received a complimentary ticket.
I went to two matches last season and I just don't like the way we play. It's boring. Tippy, tappy side to side and hardly anyone shoots. We need some rousing performances.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:15:33 »

Kasim clearly doesnt give a fuck atm and he's really getting on my tits. gladwin must play just behind the striker and give the lad stewart a try on the wing.

Unfortunately this is getting to the laughable stage. Be amazed if there was more than 6k there today

Cov might bring a fair few to be fair, that will boost it
lambourn red

« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:16:48 »

I left at 65 mins cold and thoroughly dejected how Power can take any positives out of that is beyond me. We look very poor all over the pitch no cutting edge no creativity so depressing and Power seems to not want to change the tactics, you can play out of defence when you have decent players but when you are playing the reserves you have to change the style of play.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:19:03 »

Well where to start....

Vig - kept us in the game with a couple of saves
Barry - pointless him being out there
El abd and Branco - didn't really do anthing wrong but then thats difficult when you just past sideways
Boo - least he sometimes ran at players but delivery was shit
Brophy - never seen a more one footed player in my life. Should never play on the right
Traore, kasim, rodgers - they should never play together again. Same type of player where the passes are all either backwards or sideways at a pedestrian pace
Gladwin - poor game but then is played out of position. Play him behind Ajose!
Ajose - excellent finish for the goal at the second attempt. Other than that no service what so ever

Why Stewart never came on I will never understand!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:19:50 »

Hes not give a fuck since february tbf
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:23:43 »

OK, well, the first 20 minutes were OKish, we sort of tried to pass with a bit more pace than previously, but had there not been a double wonder save from Vigs we'd have been 1 down. In fact, the defence looks as shit as ever.

However slowly but surely we returned to type, and after Oldham scored it was dire up to half time. I said earlier in the thread it was like shadow boxing, not being arsed to make a tackle and devoid of any quality.

The relief of half time was over far too quickly.

The second half was even worse than the first, Ajose's goal aside. We were fucking awful. I'd rate this current 11 worse than Jimmy's and Iffy's and anything else I can remember over the last 25 years. At least those fuckers tried. This team can't even be arsed to do that.

Kassim is a fucking waste of a shirt. International my arse. He doesn't currently deserve a move. Though I'd happily drive him there.

Traore is just plain shit. Talk about flattering to deceive.

Brophy at least looked half bothered. Thought he tried hard despite his limitations.

Balmy is a joke player. Shockingly poor tonight. Can only think Power was on a bet to proclaim his sub performance good.

Which twat thought it would be a good idea to stick Gladwin on the wing? Wasted.

Ajose looks lazy, but he scored a good goal and isn't a loan striker.

The defence is absolutely shocking. Piss poor.

Vigs had a good game,
-----------------------
Totally pissed off and disillusioned. Then I had to listen to Power's bollocks on the radio. He's wrong. It was 70 minutes of pure shit. End of.

Cunts.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:25:54 »

Why Stewart never came on I will never understand!

Stevie Wonder could see it - take off Rodgers or Traore,  push Gladwin there, bring on Stewart.

Instead we got sideshow Balmy, whose performance showed us why he didn't cut it at Oxford U or Oxford City for that matter,
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:29:44 »

Summary of game - We were shit.

I'm a little concerned/bemused by the post match interview. What I took from it, was that Cooper had abandoned the 'Brand' of football that Power demands, and the players need to be reintroduced to it. I'm not sure what Cooper had introduced in it's place, it's not like he'd gone long ball and it looked suspiciously like last season's football with worse players.

Also that, as JFW had said on here, Williams hasn't been coaching (not allowed to?)

So, if Cooper had basically turned into Colonel Kurtz, how the hell did Power not know and why had he not done something about it earlier?

What the fucks going on?

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:29:54 »

Yup, basically agree with Batch's points, although El-Abd had a good game and only him and Vigouroux can come out of the game with any credit.

Rodgers, Traore & Kasim were all absolute dogshit.
I don't mind losing, but losing like that, with no desire, passion or urgency is a real kick in the teeth for the fans.

I usually look for the positives in a defeat, but there weren't any tonight, just can't believe how bad we are currently and 11/10 on Coventry at the weekend is buying money.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:31:25 »

I think before the game started anyone could have told them that kasim/traore/rodgers midfield 3 is a horrific trio to play together.

Gladwin is our best player currently fit and his best position is behind the striker. Fucking play him there!!

Ajose needs someone to create chances for him and no one will be able to do that in the 11 we had other than gladwin so he needs to see the ball and he won't do that on the wing.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:31:37 »

It's difficult to even get angry about it.

It wasn't awful it was just nothingness.

Barry was God-awful, but my it was Kasim that got my dander up. Half-arsed doesn't come close to describing his performance, culminating in the cock-up that handed them the winner.

Make no mistake, even with our 'better' players back we will struggle as something has infested our club that will be difficult to shake off.

Disappointed not to see Jordan Stewart
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:32:59 »

Yup, basically agree with Batch's points, although El-Abd had a good game and only him and Vigouroux can come out of the game with any credit.

Actually Abd and Branco individually weren't shocking or anything. But as a combined defensive unit we look woeful.

And one of them should have cleared it before the second goal though (edit: or was it Kassim).
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 21:34:37 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: