Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Richie  (Read 121907 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:46:09 »

batch was spot on......however, I still question whether selling MR was like a sledgehammer to crack a nut...surely funds could be found from somewhere to fuind the running of the club for a few days?

Agreed. I still want to know which creditors weren't prepared to wait a few days (while the takeover goes through) for their money. My guess is the Richie money (if indeed we have been transferred it) will be used to pay the rest of the players this month as it's pay day today. This seems very worrying to me.

Oh fuck i sound like Reg!
Flashheart

« Reply #601 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:46:45 »

Nobody is happy the Ritchie has sold. I expect we all wish that a better alternative was found.

However, to see idiots calling the board cunts (and not in the TEF way) over it makes me wish I could upload myself to be downloaded at their end where I could have a 'chat' with them
STFCforeigner

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:47:06 »

A shame an agreement couldn't be made instead of offloading Ritchie

Anyhow, doesn't seem like he really wanted to go. So up yours Muff
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:49:14 »

Ritchie was good for us but he ain't Messi so I am sure we can manage without him.

Just wanna beat Bmuff to promotion and leave him behind in League 1.

That would be awesome and if PDC stays is quite likely to happen.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:49:20 »

But that does not explain why we sold him so cheap,

If the new owners do not forsee any problems with the Director Tests why could they not put the required money in now if they expect to take control imminently

Oh and lastly,

Why are they not prepared to releases the names of who is in this consoritum it seems a bit cloke and dagger

Cheap as I believe they were the only offer received and as I said previously I suspect they played hard ball as they knew we needed the cash immediately - I suspect we would have got more if we could accept staged payments as per a normal deal.

The issue of fair and proper test has crossed my mind as well....
Barry Scott

« Reply #605 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:50:18 »

I also assume someone has buggered up the Caddis loan so we cant recall as he may have been a better and less damaging sale option.

I don't believe you can cancel a season long loan. It's set in stone for the duration.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:51:05 »

I don't believe you can cancel a season long loan. It's set in stone for the duration.

Shouldn't have sanctioned it then.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:51:11 »

Agreed. I still want to know which creditors weren't prepared to wait a few days (while the takeover goes through) for their money. My guess is the Richie money (if indeed we have been transferred it) will be used to pay the rest of the players this month as it's pay day today. This seems very worrying to me.

Oh fuck i sound like Reg!

There are not creditors as far as I understand - this was cash flow pure and simple!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:52:37 »

There are not creditors as far as I understand - this was cash flow pure and simple!

Ummm, sorry but if you owe money to someone then they are a "creditor" whether it be an individual (e.g. a player) or a company. What else do you use "cash" for?
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:56:12 »

Don't think PDC will be that upset at this as he always said in recent interviews he was planning already and it might be he had to sacrifice one player. Ritchie was a good player but not the be all and end all and if anyone can replace him Paolo can!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:56:34 »

Ummm, sorry but if you owe money to someone then they are a "creditor" whether it be an individual (e.g. a player) or a company. What else do you use "cash" for?

Not that simple. You might owe someone £100k now and be owed £200k that you're not being paid until next week. Technically (and according to the books) you're worth £100k, but in the short term your cash flow is fucked and you're broke.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:57:16 »

There is usually a break clause inserted so the player can be recalled or sent back to his club in January
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:57:44 »

I feel sad for Ritchie in so much that he was sacrificed to keep us afloat, i don't think he had much choice in the decision and interestingly the photo of him with the Bournemouth shirt doesn't make him look overjoyed to be there. He was a great player for us and put everything into Swindon Town. On the other hand i totally understand why it was done and am so relieved the club is not in administration. Ultimately one player doesn't make a team so hopefully today's new signings can get us this seasons aim of promotion.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:00:00 »

Hmm the statement just says what we knew, we needed the cash badly and this was the only option. Lets be honest, it was the only explanation given the low fee and expedited procedure.

What we don't and won't know till later is:-
    - is that it re: player sales.
    - why the consortium couldn't fund a bridging loan*
    - what PDC thinks
    - Whether the club sale is "anyone will do" or has a good long term future
    - who the new perspective owners are
    - and many many more.

* to some extent, why would they. But they have lost an asset and this doesn't suggest to me they are minted (or minted right now).

When I look back to the deep dark days I'd be delighted with how things stand right now. But having tasted success, its all a bit disappointing. Though clearly that feeling can change.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:02:49 by Batch » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 13:00:33 »

If you want to descend into semantics then you are possibly correct. However if you were a player with a mortgage to pay would you delay payment on the off chance that you get paid, equally Black who has essentially given the club £10m understandably didnt want to bung them another half mill for luck.

You need cash to pay people, simple as that.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: