Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Richie  (Read 121866 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #585 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:08:24 »

We're not, but take out Ritchie's goals and assists this season and we'd have a lot less points than we've got.

Yet somebody else would have been playing in that position. Some, if not all, of those goals and assists would have been replaced by another player.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:24:23 »

jsut seen a pic of MR training with muff..already!...must be weird for a pro footballer to chop and change like that...imgaine one day having a compeltely new set of work mates...having to re build relationships, be pally with them etc...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:25:16 »

Its all my fault. Found two programmes stuffed in the bottom of my work bag this morning, one of Benson, one on Ritchie. my bag appears to be the end of swindon careers...

Can you find the one with Roberts on the front?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:33:44 »

THE STFC Board acknowledge the disappointment expressed by many fans over the sale of Matt Ritchie to AFC Bournemouth yesterday but it is important that the sale of Matt Ritchie is put into context.

As everyone is fully aware, following the requirement to seek new owners for the club, Swindon Town FC faced the very serious prospect of administration, had it not been successful in securing new investors in an incredibly compressed time frame.  Within this time frame a new consortium has been identified and yesterday evening contracts were exchanged for the sale of the majority shareholding. There now follows a brief period whilst the new owners await Football League approval under the Owners & Directors Test and during this period of time the club requires funding. A joint decision was taken between the current and prospective new owners to sell Matt Ritchie in order to meet this funding requirement.

The alternative to not securing new owners and securing short term funding would have seen a significant restructure to the Club and the possibility administration. As such, the club’s long term survival and wellbeing had to be the priority.

Losing Matt Ritchie from Paolo Di Canio’s Championship challenging side is very disappointing but the prospective new owners of the club remain committed to supporting Paolo Di Canio and assisting him with the quest to achieve promotion to the Championship at the end of the season.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/mattritchiesale-630167.aspx
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:35:43 »

Nice to finally get an explanation.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:36:21 »

jsut seen a pic of MR training with muff..already!...must be weird for a pro footballer to chop and change like that...imgaine one day having a compeltely new set of work mates...having to re build relationships, be pally with them etc...

Must feel like shit I would've thought, we ask players to show loyalty and passion for the shirt then treat them no better than cattle as some part of a takeover bid he's not even party to, for a knock down price.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:36:34 »

So basically Black is or was unwilling to fund the club even for a short period whilst the new lot take over.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:40:27 »

batch was spot on......however, I still question whether selling MR was like a sledgehammer to crack a nut...surely funds could be found from somewhere to fuind the running of the club for a few days?
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:41:05 »

Think the club could have released the statement a bit sooner than they did
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:41:10 »

So basically Black is or was unwilling to fund the club even for a short period whilst the new lot take over.

I imagine the conversation went something like...

Black - Well I am buggered if I am going to fund for another month after taking this hit!
New Owners (cannot believe we have got to fit and proper persons test stage and don't know who the grinder is behind the monkey) - Well we ain't funding it whilst it doesn't belong to us!

What I still don't get is why it suddenly became the most urgent thing ever to sell immediately, either Patey didn't get a sale as quick as he was supposed to or something has happened with Black that means he needs out quickly?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:41:39 »

But that does not explain why we sold him so cheap,

If the new owners do not forsee any problems with the Director Tests why could they not put the required money in now if they expect to take control imminently

Why is the money needed so quick could it not have waited a few days until the takeover had been ratified

Oh and lastly,

Why are they not prepared to releases the names of who is in this consoritum it seems a bit cloke and dagger
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:42:16 »

batch was spot on......however, I still question whether selling MR was like a sledgehammer to crack a nut...surely funds could be found from somewhere to fuind the running of the club for a few days?

The new owners might have refused as they are officially not yet in control. Wouldn't surprise me if that pissed Black off so he said if "you aren't going to fund it we'll have to sell a player or there's no deal".
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:43:28 »

Think the club could have released the statement a bit sooner than they did

I want to go back to the days fo Statement Thursdays/Fridays so this new lot are showing a lot of promise.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:45:11 »

But where.... my one previous hope was that Wray/Fitton were still involved and if so they could fund, but with such a clean break there will always be this abeyance. I would normally expect those incoming to pay into a holding account on the understanduing that would be repaid if it didn't proceed, but I assume things were so bad this wasn't an option?

I also assume someone has buggered up the Caddis loan so we cant recall as he may have been a better and less damaging sale option.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:45:24 »

But that does not explain why we sold him so cheap,

If the new owners do not forsee any problems with the Director Tests why could they not put the required money in now if they expect to take control imminently

Why is the money needed so quick could it not have waited a few days until the takeover had been ratified

Oh and lastly,

Why are they not prepared to releases the names of who is in this consoritum it seems a bit cloke and dagger

Think someone mentioend it earlier but perhaps Bournemouth agreed to pay the bulk up front rather than over installments. 
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: