Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Richie  (Read 121860 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:28:46 »

In 20 years time, I wonder if these same children will be saying..."same old Swindon, I remember when we sold Matt Ritchie for nothing in 2013."
As a father, that's the legacy of misery and disappointment I've been very much hoping to bequeath to my children, yes
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:37:33 »

I'm going to copy this from an e-mail sent by my friend Matt (not that one) to the London Reds mailing list.

Yesterday I felt I was back in a science lesson in March 1995, reading in disbelief the words £1.3 mil on the back of a copy of the Adver 'liberated' from the school staff room.

Today I feel better.  It seems it was Black who sanctioned the Ritchie sale, not the new lot.  If he wanted half a mil back after writing off a 10 mil loss who can blame him?

Which is a very fair point.  We still know next to nothing about the new lot (other than JedMac's writing skills not being up to much).  Still massively disappointed about the Ritchie sale, but have to sit back and wait.  Whatever happens, it's going to have bugger all to do with anything any of us say or do.  Que sera, sera.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:42:26 »

Nothing we can do about the fact that he has gone. If he wanted to go, then its best he's gone. If he had to go to sustain the club then so be it. (Remember PDC talking a couple of weeks ago about a scenario where one player was sacrificed to improve the team) The thing that seems a little odd is the amount that we got for him. All that I can think is:
- There is something in the deal that hasn't been disclosed yet (e.g A player [Mention of Bournemouth having lots of competition on the wing in the intervierw with Ritchie] coming in the other direction or contribution to wages of another player?)
- PDC has a replacement lined up (Maybe Wright Phillips on loan if yesterday's rumour is correct)
- Caddis to come back and play right wing? Or maybe to be sold to give us a bit more cash?
- Maybe defender coming in [from Bournemouth?] to act as cover at the back and release McCormack to play on the right?

I guess we'll find out soon.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:44:36 »

I've heard rumours we are trying to bring in Jermaine Mcglashan as a replacement, not sure if he is any good or not
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:48:23 »

We had a few wobbly lips in our house this morning too, MR. My youngest couldn't understand why we'd sell him to promotion rivals (and why he'd go) "because they're not even better"

I haven't told my 8-year-old yet. He IS Matt Ritchie with his Swindon top in his Paris football team, to the bemusement of the other kids, and his front line at table football consists of Ronaldo-Messi-Ritchie. Think I'll wait till after 11pm before I try to wean him onto Andy Williams...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:48:41 »

I've heard rumours we are trying to bring in Jermaine Mcglashan as a replacement, not sure if he is any good or not

I saw him against Everton and he wasn't great. Maybe a straight swap for Rooney?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:52:33 »

I haven't told my 8-year-old yet. He IS Matt Ritchie with his Swindon top in his Paris football team, to the bemusement of the other kids, and his front line at table football consists of Ronaldo-Messi-Ritchie. Think I'll wait till after 11pm before I try to wean him onto Andy Williams...
Why? You want him to follow Bristol City? :-(

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #547 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:53:57 »

I heard a rumour, no names, no players, and nothing to do with the club.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:55:05 »

Nothing we can do about the fact that he has gone. If he wanted to go, then its best he's gone. If he had to go to sustain the club then so be it. (Remember PDC talking a couple of weeks ago about a scenario where one player was sacrificed to improve the team) The thing that seems a little odd is the amount that we got for him. All that I can think is:
- There is something in the deal that hasn't been disclosed yet (e.g A player [Mention of Bournemouth having lots of competition on the wing in the intervierw with Ritchie] coming in the other direction or contribution to wages of another player?)
- PDC has a replacement lined up (Maybe Wright Phillips on loan if yesterday's rumour is correct)
- Caddis to come back and play right wing? Or maybe to be sold to give us a bit more cash?
- Maybe defender coming in [from Bournemouth?] to act as cover at the back and release McCormack to play on the right?

I think you have to accept we've got what we've got: £500k plus sell-on (Sky are even reporting the fee as £400k!). We needed the cash very quickly, and only one club was making a firm offer - they held all the cards. It's a rubbish deal, but Black was prepared to sacrifice the difference for the sake of funding the transition.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 09:00:51 »

I suppose the other thing to bear in mind is the timing of the payment, I assume that we have got this cash immediately if its funding the bridge, wheras normally if we had got more it would have been spread over a prolonged period of time - Just a thought like.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 09:01:31 »

Broke the news to my 7 yr old this morning.  He has 'Ritchie 10' printed on his new home shirt, only just got it for Christmas. He walked out with Matt Ritchie at the pre season game against Supermarine. He was his footballing hero in every sense of the word. After 10 minutes of tears he has decided he wants Collins 9 on his shirt, I hope we don't sell him too or he will need counselling  Crying
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 09:03:51 »

I suppose the other thing to bear in mind is the timing of the payment, I assume that we have got this cash immediately if its funding the bridge, wheras normally if we had got more it would have been spread over a prolonged period of time - Just a thought like.
That's the spin I'm putting on it as well - now all we need to is hold on to Williams then it won't seem quite so bad....please.....let us hold on to Williams Head Hurts
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 09:18:32 »

Reminds me of this. Good bit of business STFC
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 09:19:37 »

I remember my Dad waking me up early morning in 1992 telling me that Duncan Shearer had signed for Blackburn for £800,000. I was 10, and devastated.
Barry Scott

« Reply #554 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 09:25:28 »

If it was required to bridge a funding gap, it would suggest the new lot aren't exactly flushed with cash. Brilliant.

No, as has been said several times and seems to be over looked by all, it implies the club is in limbo, with neither the new or old owners able to provide funding.

Black is STILL the owner until the league approve the deal and wants no further part, so money needs to come from somewhere. The new owner likewise can't put money into something he doesn't own. Makes sense to me.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: