Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Richie  (Read 121885 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:46:54 »

Strange, but the worst performance in a town shirt was away at Bmuff.

He wasn't much cop at Orient either....heads gone!!!!!!

Probably a blip though, he will do well for them.

I would fucking love it if we turn them over this season somehow.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:47:39 »

BBC Wilts understand deal was sanctioned by old and new boards.

Well that raises lots of questions and answers none!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:49:42 »

If it was required to bridge a funding gap, it would suggest the new lot aren't exactly flushed with cash. Brilliant.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:50:49 »

35 pages and the most irritating thing about this whole thing for me? The spelling of fucking 'Matt Richie'

Aside from that, I am a little narked at having sold him at what I think is below the going rate. I think a fee nearer 1 million would have been more realistic.

But, lets hold on until 11pm today and see who is brought in. Clearly Rooney, RDV and Roberts are now our only wingers and this isn't going to be enough to continue our promotion 'charge'. The ideal scenario is that Roberts replaces Ritchie like for like and starts to come good.

I'll be amazed if anyone comes in. I'm just hoping we dont lose Williams,Collins and Fods.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:51:37 »

If it was required to bridge a funding gap, it would suggest the new lot aren't exactly flushed with cash. Brilliant.

Exactly!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:53:00 »

End of the month and paydays, if contracts were only exchanged lates last night it will take a couple of days for everything to go through. Mr Black certainly wouldnt be paying them, and I doubt if anyone has 75k cash in an envelope to cover bills until then.
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:56:14 »

Strange, but the worst performance in a town shirt was away at Bmuff.

He wasn't much cop at Orient either....heads gone!!!!!!

Probably a blip though, he will do well for them.

I would fucking love it if we turn them over this season somehow.

Playoffs
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:59:16 »

Wish we could fast forward to 11pm!!!!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:10:55 »

Broke before we start - triffic Rodney
kerry red

« Reply #534 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:12:25 »

End of the month and paydays, if contracts were only exchanged lates last night it will take a couple of days for everything to go through. Mr Black certainly wouldnt be paying them, and I doubt if anyone has 75k cash in an envelope to cover bills until then.

I was under the impression that the club were 'ahead of their budget' - which means to me that the day to day running costs were being more than covered by club generated income.

Virtually all clubs run a bank overdraft - which we apparently did not - so surely if there was a dire need for some form of external short term funding, why not ask the bank.

Surely Black didn't empty his pockets each and every month to cover any shortfall
medwayred

Up the Reds

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:18:13 »

Last night my 6 year old learned that football can be sad. He has idolised MR for the last 20 months. Always trying to emulate him when playing football. He kept calling to Richie on Tuesday night at LO. This Saturday he is mascot for town and was so excited about meeting MR. He is so sad this morning. Heartbroken. Gutted for him and Town.

Coyr

One Davie Bamber.......................
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:21:53 »

I was under the impression that the club were 'ahead of their budget' - which means to me that the day to day running costs were being more than covered by club generated income.

Virtually all clubs run a bank overdraft - which we apparently did not - so surely if there was a dire need for some form of external short term funding, why not ask the bank.

Surely Black didn't empty his pockets each and every month to cover any shortfall

I am not sure that we budgeted for an operating profit. I think that is exactly what Black has been doing, hence his will to get out.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:22:39 »

We had a few wobbly lips in our house this morning too, MR. My youngest couldn't understand why we'd sell him to promotion rivals (and why he'd go) "because they're not even better"
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:26:33 »

Yes he did unfortunately - I believe Black was funding the club to the tune of £250k a month or so.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 08:27:35 »

In 20 years time, I wonder if these same children will be saying..."same old Swindon, I remember when we sold Matt Ritchie for nothing in 2013."
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: