Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Richie  (Read 121897 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 22:50:17 »

Could be clutching at straws here, but is Roberts naturally a right sided player?  Could this explain why he has struggled with us so far on the left?

[url width=276 height=183]http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/swindon123/straw.jpg[/url]

Sorry slinky.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 22:57:31 »

Thought Rooney looked good last season when I saw him play. It's just a shame he runs like an 8yr old who's done a Simon Ferry and cropped himself. I think that's what people remember most, as opposed to his dribbling, pace, and passing/crossing ability. I certainly do. Nearly pissed myself first time I saw him run...
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:00:48 »

With Jay Mc nearing match fitness....Al Macca at right mid??

Done well enough everywhere else and loves to stretch his legs every now and then, can put a few decent balls in the box too.

Bumping Thompson further up the field with macca sat behind could be an option too.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:01:35 »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BB5CtXyCUAAN8bA.png:large
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:03:36 »

Thought Rooney looked good last season when I saw him play. It's just a shame he runs like an 8yr old who's done a Simon Ferry and cropped himself. I think that's what people remember most, as opposed to his dribbling, pace, and passing/crossing ability. I certainly do. Nearly pissed myself first time I saw him run...
But he's had 2 loans to L2 sides and done nothing. Can't see him being a saviour - Unless he goes to Chelters and they pay all of his wages!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
red socks

« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:06:25 »

With Jay Mc nearing match fitness....Al Macca at right mid??

Done well enough everywhere else and loves to stretch his legs every now and then, can put a few decent balls in the box too.

Bumping Thompson further up the field with macca sat behind could be an option too.

That's if they are still here on Saturday.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:08:53 »

Very left-field. Think that form of player ownership isn't allowed in this country.

Yeah, it's not allowed, but I believe on most areas of life rules are broken occasionally?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:11:16 »

He doesn't exactly look ecstatic does he?  Makes the whole situation even worse if he genuinely didn't want to left.

In terms of Rooney, he's not even been on the bench for months and done nothing while out on loan.  I'd be surprised if he was suddenly able to step into Ritchie's shoes.  Plus, I get the impression Di Canio doesn't think that highly of him.  De Vita struggles to play more than 60 minutes and Roberts, we're stil waiting for him to look anything like we were expecting.

In short, Ritchie is a massive loss and anyone who tries to dispute that is bloody daft.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:12:36 »

In short, Ritchie is a massive loss and anyone who tries to dispute that is bloody daft.

He's not going to be replaceable directly. Simple as that.
kerry red

« Reply #489 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:12:59 »

Like Caddis would be a massive loss?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:18:02 »

Like Caddis would be a massive loss?

I get what you're saying, but it's slightly different. Caddis was a solid RB, wingers (and game-changers) like Ritchie are much harder to come by.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:19:50 »

He's not going to be replaceable directly. Simple as that.

Not without spending money (which we don't appear to have) or by taking time (which we don't have if we want promotion this year) to nurture some young talent.

We may well still be ok, we may even still be pushing for promotion come the end of the season, but selling your best players (which Ritchie was certainly one off) will only make that more difficult.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:20:58 »

Caddis would improve our team. Thompson has been brilliant but Caddis is (currently) better.

Ritchie is a game winner and our best player. Can't see us getting another one at such short notice, that's assuming we have any money for a loan/perm. We might get lucky with a Danny Ward type signing, but over the years how many of this type have we had.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:21:38 »

Caddis would improve our team. Thompson has been brilliant but Caddis is (currently) better.

Ritchie is a game winner and our best player. Can't see us getting another one at such short notice, that's assuming we have any money for a loan/perm. We might get lucky with a Danny Ward type signing, but over the years how many of this type have we had.

Ricky errr... no forget that one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 23:27:01 »

Ricky errr... no forget that one.

Jimmy Davis, Lee Holmes (1st time), James Milner, Danny Ward.  Even the I'd put an on form Ritchie above those, well I'd take Milner back right now I suppose Smiley

Still its done now innit. No point regurgitating it. That's DVs job Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: