Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo di Canio 'considered Swindon Town exit'  (Read 2759 times)
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:00:16 »

don't know if this has been posted before

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17801776
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:18:56 »

Thanks for that. Had heard summaries of it but not heard/seen it first hand.

Was fantastic today to see how much the support meant to Di Canio. His interaction with the fans after the game was fantastic. Long may it continue.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:20:51 »

He's threatend to quit before aint he. Was just him blowing his top again innit
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:22:04 »

When did his Mum get ill? Could that perhaps be the reason rather than anything football related?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:25:22 »

When did his Mum get ill? Could that perhaps be the reason rather than anything football related?

Perfectly possible that it wasn't football related, although his secrecy over it suggests (to my mind) that it might be something behind the scenes at the club. Either way, he stayed and it's in the past.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:26:31 »

Oh I see what you mean. I think it was just the players getting a bit complacent?

DRS

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:35:47 »

Just using it as leverage for the new contract no doubt. I know we have had a shit past week or so but look at him in that video and he looks broken and you can't blame him.Think of him as a human and not our manager and think how you would react to losing both parents in 6 months.Any other time i would go mental over recent changes but think we should maybe just take his personal circumstances into consideration on this one.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:42:51 »

Paolo has been under huge stress just lately emotionally and physically both with managing and his personal life so think some of his words and actions are being analysed to much. We will know in time what choice he has made regarding staying with us for next season but until then I'm  taking in and enjoying what's happened and happening this season. Always been big ups and downs following the Town and probably always will be.
wobby

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:47:40 »

He broke down in tears during the celebration and this just shows what strain he has been under, personally and professionally. In his first managerial job, he's had so much to contend with: new players he thought were good turn out not to be, very poor start to the season, very public fall outs with players, unwarranted abuse by opposing fans, no doubt some internal battles with the Board to get the right support, home fans booing when we're top of the league......then add losing both parents within 6 months. He's a very passionate man and wears his heart on his sleeve but also NEVER stops working.

He probably just needs a damn good holiday for 2/3 weeks and then get back to planning our rise straight through League 1.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 21:57:17 »

Thanks for that. Had heard summaries of it but not heard/seen it first hand.

Was fantastic today to see how much the support meant to Di Canio. His interaction with the fans after the game was fantastic. Long may it continue.
And having just listened to it - My summary was pretty close to what he said !

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 22:12:50 »

He broke down in tears during the celebration and this just shows what strain he has been under, personally and professionally. In his first managerial job, he's had so much to contend with: new players he thought were good turn out not to be, very poor start to the season, very public fall outs with players, unwarranted abuse by opposing fans, no doubt some internal battles with the Board to get the right support, home fans booing when we're top of the league......then add losing both parents within 6 months. He's a very passionate man and wears his heart on his sleeve but also NEVER stops working.

He probably just needs a damn good holiday for 2/3 weeks and then get back to planning our rise straight through League 1.

Think he desperately needs, and deserves a well earned break, it's been a long and hard season for him on and off the field, but i guess he'll still be working his butt off during the close season. Think that's the way he is.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 22:13:14 »

I agree with this post, anyone else noticed how much hair he's lost over this season? His wife is still in Italy to boot.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 22:37:49 »

I agree with this post, anyone else noticed how much hair he's lost over this season? His wife is still in Italy to boot.

Always thought he didn't have that much hair, but have noticed his stubble/beard for the first time in that interview.

thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 07:26:49 »

Such a drama queen.

Joke.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 07:32:35 »

Whilst we are speculating could this be why Wolves ended up with Terry Conner? He won't be there next year so..

OK the timings are wrong,plus PDC still has a lot to learn and would be a risk, but don't let that get in the way of a made up rumour.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: