Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Random story in The Sun about STFC fans, Black Keys  (Read 6100 times)
Give us an S

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 06:53:06 »

Bit random, but quite cool. I wonder if they can have a go at following up Kramer doing a song for us  Serenade

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/4259053/Black-Keys-support-League-Twos-Swindon-Town.html

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 07:00:11 »

That's not Nash weaving his magic is it?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 07:04:40 »

I may just have to buy their album on the strength of this.  Gilbert O'Sullivan and XTC will be tough acts to follow, mind.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 07:16:08 »

They'll always be Boston MA's Big D & The Kids Table.

[url width=576 height=384]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/andyxbennett/bigd.jpg[/url]

They played The Furnace (this is about 5 years ago) and mentioned the they saw Swindon play Tranmere (pronounced Tra-mee-ER Rovers) at the CG.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 07:27:46 »

They'll always be Boston MA's Big D & The Kids Table.

[url width=576 height=384]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/andyxbennett/bigd.jpg[/url]

They played The Furnace (this is about 5 years ago) and mentioned the they saw Swindon play Tranmere (pronounced Tra-mee-ER Rovers) at the CG.
Big D played in swindon numerous time, fun band.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 08:25:27 »

Not me mate.  Chap I know called Ben Corrigan.  I was doing a show with him a couple of years back and the subject came round to us both being STFC fans.  He said, oh hang on have a look at this and showed me a picture he had taken of the band with the arkells behind them.  They had a day off on tour so he took them to the match.  It was a few years ago.  During the times of Andy King. 

Apparently he took them to the CGH as well.  One of them went into the toilets and was accosted by a town fan.  The town fan launched into a scathing attack on gurney and how slow he was but the band fella didnt understand a word of the broad Wiltshire and came out not sure if he'd had an argument or not.

Ben is now tour manager for Fleet Foxes, so maybe he can work his magic again!

Never knowingly overstated.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 08:31:57 »

In the dark days took member of British sea power to our game against Shrewsbury , he is a shrews fan. He had to go to trust emergency meeting and got pissed with Yeovil and spacey Smiley
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 09:17:43 »

Just had an email from Ben the tm.  Can exclusively reveal the match they went to see was against chester in 2007!  1 nil victory with a questionable penalty after 7 minutes.

The sun - up to date with the news as ever.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 09:18:50 »

Just had an email from Ben the tm.  Can exclusively reveal the match they went to see was against chester in 2007!  1 nil victory with a questionable penalty after 7 minutes.

Five years of loyal support.

It's probably no coincidence that their careers have progressed massively since then.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 10:41:13 »

In other exciting rock n roll news I'm currently on your with Bombay bicycle club. The sound engineer is a pox fan. We're struggling to get along. I'm looking forward to securing the league and watching them drop out of the play offs.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 14:55:21 »

In the dark days took member of British sea power to our game against Shrewsbury , he is a shrews fan. He had to go to trust emergency meeting and got pissed with Yeovil and spacey Smiley
I remember that, he was a top bloke.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 15:05:14 »

Wasn't there a photo of this somewhere on here? Outside the TE with scarves or something?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 15:13:13 »

That Kramer song was fucking awful!
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 15:46:50 »

In other exciting rock n roll news I'm currently on your with Bombay bicycle club. The sound engineer is a pox fan. We're struggling to get along. I'm looking forward to securing the league and watching them drop out of the play offs.

Saw them at Reading last year, awesome live!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 07:16:35 »

That bloke in the middle is the kid out if George and Mildred?

Clems Army!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: