Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42321 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 13:36:56 »

Might be worth a go
Auto 3 match ban otherwise - even if gets reduced to 1 would be worth it

Not unheard of to have it extended to 4. Though that would be insanely harsh.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 13:38:32 »

Just seen the red card incident again no way was that a red card Byrne went in for the ball lost his footing...certainly no intent there.
Seems Byrne will be the new scapegoat this season from some of our fans hope those calling Byrne a twat are ashamed of themselves because there was nothing wrong with that challenge.  No point appealing though because Refs very rarely rescind.

Definitely got lucky with their 2nd goal being ruled out for offside the lad was onside when he scored

I thought Robinson conducted himself very well in his interview & I loved Coopers passion
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 13:38:56 »

Just watched the game on the internet.....

Suggest the first half was some of the best football played by Swindon since the Hoddle, Ardilles day..total joy to watch.

Then gritted it out once an unfortunate sending off.

I bet 6 x weeks ago every one on here would have not believed the quality of players Mark Cooper and the board have got here.

Bloody good job by the manager and board so far...

COYMR'S

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 13:42:06 »

A decent point...a good advert for Div 3 football...ref was justified in the red card in the current game, so think the decision will stand.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 13:42:47 »

A good point away from home.  Blatant Red my arse!  Reading this thread after the game makes me understand why I read more and more 80% bollocks on here every day.  Byrne had just ran the length of the pitch and turned around to put a tired attempt at a block in and ended up stepping on his foot, that happens 2 or 3 times in every game, Yellow at worst, but a freekick and a talking to would have done.

Got away with the offside, should have been a goal, but when I watched it live I thought it was offside so can understand why it was given.

Great strike by Pritchard.  1-1, decent point away from home.  Next.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 13:44:49 »

I can understand the red card... it was dangerous (standing on someone's leg with your full weight) but it was not intentional. I'm not sure intent is always relevant when something is dangerous. Although it 'changed the game', I would argue it didn't cost us the goal.

Good performance, we looked threatening. Ward was lazy getting out for their goal, and Hall was unaware (again). The pair of them are either imperious keeping clean sheets, or make silly mistakes that cost goals at the moment. Still early days, I guess. Onwards...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 13:45:47 »

Early days, but I think we will be up there. Excellent first half then a blatant red for liability Byrne and we did well to hold on.

Find that really odd because neither manager thought it was a red, and both teams looked visibly shocked at the decision. Most of us have played a bit of football in our time and must know how many times you get your feet stamped on awkwardly in a challenge. For me, no way was it a sending off. Changed the the whole landscape of the game and negated our fluency and threat.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 13:53:27 »

None of them think its a red bar the ref
bar the ref and a few on here it seems who disagree with Karl Robinson
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 14:00:16 »

My summary........
- Fantastic first half performance. We looked like a very good team
- Started 2nd brightly and I thought that Byrne was playing well and looked to be the attacking outlet that was going to rip them apart as they tried to calm the threat from Pritchard
- Sending off was harsh but it was silly for Byrne to put himself in the position for the ref to make that sort of decision. No doubt in my mind that had Byrne stayed on the field, we would have gone on to win comfortably.
- I thought Ward was the source of all the defensive lapses today and was at fault for the goal. However, back 4 generally looked pretty effective.
- Lucky not to lose 2-1 as their offside goal wasn't
- N'Guessan looked big, strong and good in the air. Ranger looked lumbering at times but has phenomenally quick feet. Ajose and Hartley didn't shine for me.
- I don't think I have ever seen our midfield look so classy! Kasim in particular was superb. He was all over the park, kept winning the ball and played everything simple.
- That was a fantastic performance to hold on to a point, but I think if Ranger rather than N'Guessan had the ball in the box in the last minute, we would have been celebrating a 1-2 win.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 14:02:27 »

Fingers crossed for the Accy this afternoon now.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 14:03:05 »

Didn't think it was a red, yellow at most.  I look at it as if that was a Opposition player, I would have been equally surprised at a red.  Unfortunately changed the game and limited our chances, don't the people slagging of Bryne.  Not my favourite player especially at full back but thought he'd put in a pretty good performance.  I presume this will now open way for Nguessan to start the next few.
Spurs_Fan

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 14:05:28 »

that was an excellent point that was. hung on until the end after what shouldn't have been a red in the first start and what could be argued as being a 'stolen three points'
penhillbilly

Unbeeelievable Jeff !!!

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 14:07:04 »

Ok..
two points dropped as far as i'm concerned, we were in control of the game ,franchise had fuck all before the sending off,was it straight red, maybe,thats another debate.. what did please me was the resolve from the rest of the team,the willingness to work for each other. Group Hug

I'll take a point, but we should of had all 3

oh, and franchise need to shoot the drummer!!!! :gay:

No one is Innocent...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 14:39:52 »

Straight red, get real.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
kerry red

« Reply #224 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 15:00:58 »

I swear more than once during the game I could hear

'Come on Ipswich'

Going mad!!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: