Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town is set to ban Smoking  (Read 4087 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 09:32:04 »

Got to say, I cant see the point in banning smoking outdoors!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
deltaincline

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 20:12:21 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Quote from: "sonic youth"
smoking passes are all well and good but you can't exactly leave mid-game to pop outside for a fag can you? at least designated smoking areas would give people the option to smoke whilst watching the game without bothering non-smokers.
If they insist on making people sit down it will also piss off all the people who have to let you get out of their row so you can go and have a fag....

I personally don't like people smoking around me too much, but I think completely banning it is a load of authoritarian crap. If people want to do it then that's their choice.

Agree with that. Personally, I don't smoke unless I stand too near the gas fire.

I dont agree with banning it in the first place. But if it's going to be countrywide thing, well there's not much anyone can do anyway, is there?

I can see people getting well annoyed at having to get up and down during matches so that smokers can get a nicotine fix. Maybe the club could just ban smoking in the ground, full stop.  That way no one would have to worry about it anymore and no one would be too inconvenienced apart from those who the ban is aimed at.

If people want to smoke, do it before and after the match.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, November 26, 2006, 20:23:57 »

Quote from: "deltaincline"
If people want to smoke, do it before and after the match.

Unfortunately it's not that easy, especially when watching Swindon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: