Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 33573 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:00:17 »

We have conceded precisely one goal total in our last SIXTEEN home league games. That is mental.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:01:09 »

Not the greatest game, workmanlike and the right result, although PA threw a lot of people forward in the last five minutes but never looked like scoring - even with three good chances.  Nice round of applause for PdC after the announcement of Paolo's loss, and congratulations to Alan Mac whose partner gave birth to a little girl at 3-30 pm.  Ironic really, one loss, one gain!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:01:25 »

We've now kept a league record a 18 clean sheets at home..and we've still got one game to go.

Plymuff, like most sides lately played 4-5-1 to frustrate us...and like most sides they left empty handed.

But all thoughts should go to PdC and his family at this time.

Lets win the title for Paolo.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
DRS

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:03:22 »

In light of paolos mum passing away i am kind of glad we were not promoted day.Not right if he can't celebrate it aswell imo
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:05:45 »

Do we think that Paolo will be in the dugout for Aldershot? I'm not so sure.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:05:54 »

In light of paolos mum passing away i am kind of glad we were not promoted day.Not right if he can't celebrate it aswell imo

Fully agree on that.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #201 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:09:35 »

He doesn't need to be really
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:10:30 »

This. Didn't know until after the game - he's lost both his parents within 6 months. So sad. RIP Di Canio's mum

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:13:17 »

He doesn't need to be really

Neither do I.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:14:30 »

Indeed, can't argue with that.

A bittersweet day. Congrats to Alan Mc on the birth of his daughter. Congratulation to STFC on virtual promotion. Deepest sympathy to PDC on the death of his mother.

PDC, what a man. With all that going on he was with his men today,and he didn't let it be known so the sad event could not have overshadowed the teams potential achievement.
----------
Not the best game. Plymouth were always going to put a fight. They made it difficult for us as all teams that come to the CG do, but weren't 100% defensive. That said we were pretty much in charge. Great to win, what a difference to this run in than last time we were in this shitty division.

That one goal in 16 home league games stats is even more impressive than I realised.

Oh, and on a selfish note come on Shrews, win on Tuesday, got a Gills ticket but not a Shots Smiley - only joking really.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:16:43 »

Did our job, despite the ref being an utter moron. we were business-like, and mostly effective (Murray aside). Nice.

Condolences to PdC.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:17:01 »

Workmanlike as Ronnie said sums it up. Still lacking that cutting edge up front and need to be more inventive other than playing it into the box from the wings IMO. Need someone creative to sit behind the front two.

Other than that I thought the Plymuff fans were in very good voice until we scored. Full respect to them for clapping the news about PDC's mum - good genuine footy fans despite the historical bad feelings between the clubs.

Sympathies go out to PDC and his family at this sad time. Tuesday could be very emotionally charged atmosphere - glad I got my ticket.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:17:23 »

He'll be there. Today would have been the one he missed but he battled through admirably.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:17:24 »

Di Canio is a very professional man.

Most people take time out (and rightfully so) he'll take a few days out, no doubt.

I'd bet on him being there Tuesday though.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 18:20:39 »

Plymouth were a carbon copy of Rovers, big, physical and shite. The referee and his assistants were on another planet today, some of the decisions were unbelievable. i thought the tackle from behind had been banned.
As for the football, Plymouth were crap. I'd hate to see that shit every week. Scummer Purse is still a grade A cunt. We weren't at our best but fully deserved the win. McEveley is getting better each game and would be a good signing. Flinrt and Devera were both very good. Caddis was good but looked rusty. Risser was not as good as he has been. Ferry was MOM for me. DeVita looked good for 30 minutes and then faded. Benson was pretty good and led the line well but Murray wasn't great. Now for Holmes. I think I'm alone here but I don't see much in him. He's not very fast, needs a lot of time on the ball and his delivery and shooting are pretty crap. I think I'd pass on himas i feel there are better players out there.
RIP Mrs Di Canio.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: