Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 1202 [1203] 1204 1205 1206 ... 2658   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5170903 times)
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #18030 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 20:35:15 »

Handles on push doors.
Flashheart

« Reply #18031 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 20:54:52 »

Handles on push doors.

I can go one better than that..... 'Push' or 'Pull' signs on doors that swing both ways?

WHY, for the love of god. WHY?
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #18032 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 21:01:29 »

The song doesn't work with "there'll be no snow in Africa . . except at the top of the tallest mountains"

I hate it too but modern media allows me to avoid most things I do't like. Progress is good, we should let the Africans know.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18033 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 22:24:46 »

When approaching two doors you push the one that's locked  Embarrassed

Tripping up  Embarrassed

People not putting the next customer divider on the till belt, this causes me to start loading my shopping with theirs. If it doesn't get spotted and amended, they get to buy extra   Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18034 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 23:43:49 »

When approaching two doors you push the one that's locked  Embarrassed

Tripping up  Embarrassed

People not putting the next customer divider on the till belt, this causes me to start loading my shopping with theirs. If it doesn't get spotted and amended, they get to buy extra   Smiley

You do have a problem with this shopping lark.....if they haven't put in the divider, why don't you do it?  Smile at them, make a jokey comment and engage the check out person in the chat....doesn't take much, used to be part of what was called "community". Still exists in some places....
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18035 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 00:14:22 »

It's the fact that things like this ain't difficult reg,  like the pricks that can't signal in a car. Small things,  but a marker for people who don't give a toss about the people around them.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #18036 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 00:35:21 »

It's the fact that things like this ain't difficult reg,  like the pricks that can't signal in a car. Small things,  but a marker for people who don't give a toss about the people around them.

I thought it was a marker to show which shopping belonged to each customer?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18037 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 09:40:39 »

I'm with 4D on this.

My latest bugbear is at the gym. After my 'workout' I pick up my towels (which the gym provides) and put them in the towel bin, which is situated at the exit door. The amount of people that leave their wet, dirty towels lying around irritates me.

Even though we are on flexible hours and I usually come into the office about 9:15 or so, people still think it is 'hilarious' to comment on my lateness 'not set your alarm'? etc. Imbeciles.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18038 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 11:20:07 »

I went down to Bath Abbey for the Armistice silence. Quite a big crowd, bugler, normal stuff. Quite a few people (not all young I might add) felt the need to record the whole thing, including the silence, on their phones.

I'm not offended or anything, I just think that's a very odd thing to do. When are you going to think "I'd like to watch that two minute's silence back"?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18039 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 11:27:17 »

Being asked, by a member of teaching staff, why the memorial video to be shown at 11am for 2 mins, had no sound...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18040 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 13:25:36 »

I just encountered a new method whereby a sales person stood at the entrance of a shop tries to engage in conversation....

Sales bod "Here, this is yours " hands out an envelope
I go to take the envelope and the sales bod doesn't let go of it. Sales bod "Hi, I'm (insert name), I'm glad you stopped to talk to me"

Angry

2 seconds pass.

Me "I've got shopping to do" and depart.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18041 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 14:10:31 »

That annoying advertisment for that awful looking computer game (Called sunrise something) that appears to be on EVERY advert break.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18042 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2014, 08:28:01 »

I went down to Bath Abbey for the Armistice silence. Quite a big crowd, bugler, normal stuff. Quite a few people (not all young I might add) felt the need to record the whole thing, including the silence, on their phones.

I'm not offended or anything, I just think that's a very odd thing to do. When are you going to think "I'd like to watch that two minute's silence back"?

You were lucky. I went up to watch the ceremony at the Arc de Triomphe. Not only was the unwashed populace not allowed within sight of the commemoration, but 11 o'clock came and went with no sign of a silence, which may or may not have happened some time over the following minutes. It was hard to tell. Pff.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #18043 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2014, 08:48:26 »

That Hive you can control your heating from your phone radio advert.

Whoever came up with that needs a kicking
kerry red

« Reply #18044 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2014, 10:18:03 »

Installed one of those airflow gadgets - sposed to circulate fresh air and eliminate window condensation.

It does all that alright but as the gizmo is 'plumbed' into the ceiling of the loft it makes the upstairs fucking freezing cos all it does is suck the cold from the loft into the house!
Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 1202 [1203] 1204 1205 1206 ... 2658   Go Up
Print
Jump to: