Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Bury FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33224 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:14:31 »

The PDC rant - Guest starring Tommy Miller:
- Poorest performance this year. Rubbish throughout.
- Very disappointing
- Complacency maybe from the lads. Don't know. Not at the races
- A lack of everything. Didnt create many chances if any
- No urgency nor fight
- Wouldn't thought we were second in the league
- Fantastic opportunities. Lads say they want promotion but they are failing to deliver
- Got to look at everything. Tonight wasnt good enough. Miller and Ward to have a chat. It needs looking at
- No doubting player effort but quality wasnt there. Maybe it needs a different voice from outside that will motivate the players
- Difficult with 2 players on pitch instructing players

Miller sounded very down !

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:16:20 »

We have some very, very average players here and the job PdC did making them a top 2 outfit shouldn't be under estimated.

Great to see Luke Rooney back in the fold replacing the once again ineffective De Vita who really is a Low League 1/League 2 player if we are being honest.

The cheer when Navarro went off said it all - what a horrible evening for him - shite from start to finish and he needs to lose some weight. Him and Miller at centre midfield does not work.

Lets hope the new board aren't as Mickey Mouse as they seem and they either get on the phone to Di Canio or appoint a new manager and quick. No time for a long search because we will be out of the picture by then. An old head till the end of the season will do.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:16:39 »

For two matches running we have had very little idea apart from lumping a high ball up to the strikers, and for two matches running they have been beaten to the ball in the air every time.  Tonight, as last Saturday, we were far too predicatable.  Didn't really start playing until the last 20 minutes, but the biggest problem was we just couldn't pass a ball to our own players.  The number of times we had possession, time on the ball, and still couildn't find a red shirt!!  Navarro was awful, Macca not far behind, Flint won most things in the air but could not find a red shirt.  Worrying times!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:16:50 »

That was fucking woeful. No football played, and everyone apart from Thompson and Luke Rooney looked completely devoid of confidence. My player-by-player comments are as follows:

McCormack - audible laughter at being awarded MotM. Unfortunately for us, he won't be dropped as long as we don't have a manager, despite being a terrible full-back, out of his depth at centre-back, and on tonight's showing, no longer an effective midfielder... having said that, he was marginally better there than...

Alan Navarro - he can't tackle, shoot, pass, or even effectively harry his rivals. Looking like he played with an anchor attached to his balls, he was so late to every second ball that he couldn't even foul anyone. Couldn't anticipate his own birthday.

Actually, fuck it. I can't be bothered to go through it - just know I thought virtually everyone had a poor game, most notably Williams, De Vita, McEveley, and Miller (as well as the two previously mentioned). We were clueless going forward, unable to string three passes together, and hoofed it aimlessly for the entire match. The crowd reaction didn't help in some cases, but it really was a bad performance - only potential silver lining is that we can't possibly carry on with Miller/Ward - it does not, has not, and will not work.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:18:52 »

My god, who were those players? A disorganised clueless rabble who's main aim was to hoof it as hard as they could. Are you seriously telling me that Navarro is a footballer? Absolute fucking shit. Jay Mac lofted 200 balls to a yellow shirt - we really are crap when ever he plays. Miller was terrible and Roberts was back to his absolute worst. At least Collins tried and the two Rooney's looked like they cared. The rest just plain dogshit.

This feels like the end of an era, and a new dark cloud is developing over the county ground. I really hope they find a decent manager and fast, but I won't hold my breath.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:20:59 by Gnasher » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:28:52 »

We need someone to come in and get us organised and get some fighting spirit back in there. We seem to have lost eveything we had in that respect since last Tuesday's win. Tonight was beyond woeful at times. Feel sorry for Ward and Miller but it's time for the new owners to get a manager in who can see us over the line.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:32:39 »

I didn't realise Malpas had been reappointed manager. Thats the second game in a row we have played really fucking awful sides. Its also the second game in a row we were second to every ball. Totally clueless, no bottle, no fucking idea whatsoever.
Yet again williams was a useless, lazy, disinterested cunt. For the 3rd home game in a row Macca cost us a goal. Also, take a bow Jay Dog - fucking tripe. Collins, ward, flint and the subs at least looked as though they gave a shit. Now for the real dogshit award of the night - a toss up between Miller or Navarro. The latter shades it by being even fatter than I am and is totally fucking incapable of passing either a pie shop or the ball.
Now we'll see what the owners are made of. i bet PdC is pissing himself laughing.
I told my daughter not to torment herself looking at the table.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:39:46 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:37:01 »

God we know we're in trouble, Kramer's Singing Out for Swindon has just been put on Radio Wiltshire...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:40:57 »

Some of the players don't look interested since PDC left. My concern is that they won't even be as good under a new manager. Some loan signings are a must for the new man whoever it may be.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:41:05 »

I'm not going to torment myself by reading back through what I'm sure is a depressing thread as the game was quite depressing enough (I say that knowing full well I will, but for now I'm kidding myself). And I'm sure others have expressed more eloquently than I quite how crap and disjointed the whole thing was. But I hope I'm not the only one to feel utterly embarrassed at the complete lack of class some of us showed in jeering players off. Yes they were shit. But they know that and that really doesn't help. At least wait till the end of the game and boo then if you must.
kerry red

« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:45:42 »

That side tonight will not even make the play offs. I dont want to repeat the slagging some of the players have got on here - but I dont disagree with what anyone has said.

There is no creativity in midfield, toothless upfront and from being a real tight-arse defence we now look like making at least one howler per game.

I think the transfer window closes 3 March which gives no time to get a manager in let alone for him to recruit the 3-4 players the squad desperately needs.

Confidence has been shot - which I suppose I can understand given what's been going on.

Why Nathan Thompson isn't one of the first names on the team sheet I dont know.

Both Rooneys had decent cameos.

Is it decided to play hoof ball or are the players so desperate to get rid of the ball it just happens.

One thing is for sure - whichever 3 teams eventually do go up this season are going to really struggle in the Championship.

Tis a poor League 1 this year
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:46:40 »

The highlight of the night was the left side and the right side getting their respective handbags out for the 2nd match in a row. Roy Walker and baldy big ears off the crystal  maze were spitting feathers. They (4 of them) were singing we want our paolo back! Shame he didn't feel the same about us.

My broken winning laptop is to blame for tonight Sad
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:46:48 »

I'm more annoyed by our fans than the permanence, we have played as bad under PDC but today after the first misplayed pass and all you hear is constant moaning, no wonder the players didn't want to pass it foward if any player tried to do something and mess up they wold get constant abuse. Navarro who has been out for a long time coming back to start his first game, yes he wasn't great but to actually jeer him off? That was a joke. Then to wrap it up booing at the end? We had a poor game but to boo a team that are still in the playoffs and if we won would have been top.

I know it's people's money but what's the point in coming if all you do is moan can't be fun.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:49:45 »

I though we were quite good.

/
W56196272
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:54:20 »

Well that wasnt very good.  (I hate to disagree with you Yeo) 2 managers and 1 captain on the pitch.  No one in the dug out.  A bit headless all round.  I think we need a new manager.  Just in case it hasnt been mentioned.  Down to the bare bones with players so need someone in to make loan moves.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: