Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best Football Memories  (Read 20863 times)
Topcat

« on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 20:53:46 »

It has to be 1979 when swindon drew at Highbury in front of 8000 Town fans massed behing the goal at the clock end. Who can forget the moment when Billy Tucker headed home the equaliser after 84 minutes sending the masses dressed in donkey jackets & Dr Martins wild. Then after the final whistle trying to find our coach amongst the 90+ we counted which came from all over wilshire A week later things got even better as we won the replay against Pat Jennings, Liam Brady, Frank Stapleton and more 4-3 aet
Brilliant!!!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 20:54:24 »

Onuora's first game in charge at Doncaster in 2005. We lost 1-0 but there was something about that night that felt awesome.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:04:53 »

Not forgeting the following week and the 8-0 mauling we dished out to Bury with a young Danny Wilson playing for Bury.
Brady was brilliant in the replay at Swindon,he must have wondered how the hell they lost...i was at Highbury...missed Arsenals early goal due to getting in late.
I also remember a young Paul Rideout having a good goal wiped out in the snow at Luton in a cup game we lost 2-1....a 4-1 bashing at Forest in front of a packed City Ground.
Also Everton away in the cup when the noise levels were the loudest i have ever heard(outside of Wembley)
Norwich when Bambi shocked the Canaries and Fulham away when we were 3-1 up and drew 3-3....hammered them at home.
Two away matches at West Ham i remember as cracking away days also
Liverpool away in the Prem was a great day and Man Utd and Leeds away where we were pipped in both were memorable.
In recent times Leeds in the league was outstanding also.

There were many, many more....and i hope there are many more to come.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:06:08 »

Stoke away was pretty good earlier in the season

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:06:35 »

This thread has made me realise that my time supporting STFC has been pretty shit.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:07:47 »

Agreed Sonic,that was a horribly brilliant night-couldnt have been worse on the pitch with Ifil being sent off and Cureton and Thorpe(I think) up front but there was a solidarity about the few that were there and Iffy got a tremendous reception.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:13:19 »

But i have been at Dagenham and beat up by West Ham fans after a loss to non league Dags and also saw us dumped out away at non league Tooting.

I saw us thump Kettering away 8-0 and i honestly believe they have never recovered from that!

Seing Ketterings plight is sad...they used to be a real top non league outfit.

I saw us get thumped at Newcastle 5-0 when Gazza made his full debut.

Not all been brilliant Sonic. Crying

SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:13:47 »

Charlton away.

I'd totally lost hope at half time, and I don't think i'll ever forget Mr Ward slotting in the equaliser or that winning pen.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:15:24 »

But i have been at Dagenham and beat up by West Ham fans after a loss to non league Dags and also saw us dumped out away at non league Tooting.

I saw us thump Kettering away 8-0 and i honestly believe they have never recovered from that!

Seing Ketterings plight is sad...they used to be a real top non league outfit.

I saw us get thumped at Newcastle 5-0 when Gazza made his full debut.

Not all been brilliant Sonic. Crying

Just remembering others.

Palace away in the playoffs was as bad as was good the Gillingham playoff games.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:17:57 »

Onuora's first game in charge at Doncaster in 2005. We lost 1-0 but there was something about that night that felt awesome.

Onoura's debut was pretty good, away at QPR, Digby got sent off, Macdonald (RIP) went in goal. Onoura scored the winner. 2-1. Good fun.
Topcat

« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:19:20 »

I think going to away games in the late 70's and early 80's was someing special especially when we took a large following as there would be a convoy of Rimes & Ellisons coaches as well as a special train which always made the home fans take note
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:20:32 »

I think going to away games in the late 70's and early 80's was someing special especially when we took a large following as there would be a convoy of Rimes & Ellisons coaches as well as a special train which always made the home fans take note

The Special!!.........Wrexham away.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:20:47 »

The Cup shocks against Sunderland and Sheff Wed in '85 to Wigan in 2012.

Clinching promotion against Chester in '86, and beating the Pikeys at Selhurst in '87.

The play-offs in '90 and '93. The two games against Tranmere were classics, including the first five minutes at the CG.

And a special mention to the Pox for getting relegated to the Conference...and getting beat on pens in the play-offs the following season.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:24:58 »

The Cup shocks against Sunderland and Sheff Wed in '85 to Wigan in 2012.

Clinching promotion against Chester in '86, and beating the Pikeys at Selhurst in '87.

The play-offs in '90 and '93. The two games against Tranmere were classics, including the first five minutes at the CG.

And a special mention to the Pox for getting relegated to the Conference...and getting beat on pens in the play-offs the following season.

Forgot about the Sunderland match.
Can still see clearly Coyne scoring the winner to beat Wednesday......i ran onto the pitch after and tried to talk to Andy Blair who was playing for them.....he told me very loudly to Fuck Off as he ran away from the Town masses.
Topcat

« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:28:56 »

would that be the special town fan wrecked at wrexham
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: