Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PROTESTS  (Read 23876 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:29:24 »

Not true Toni,tbh i would be surprised if any of them turned up tonight anyway,what with the news in the Adver.But we need to make our presence felt regardless,it will get back to them when its reported in the Adver the next day. and there were will be someone near to the board at the game.

Its that kind of lets not bother to rock the boat attitude,or things will sort themselves out in the end attitude that seems to effect a lot of the fans for far too long now.Well people unfortunately it isn't the case,open your eyes and see how badly a bunch of crocks have run OUR club for far too long now.It ain't going to go away or solve itself.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:31:31 »

Quote from: "toni_swin"
The thing is you need to be sure there will be some people from the board of directors there. If they hear that the fans are planning a protest tonight then they'll deliberately stay away. There's no point protesting if there will be no one there from the board to hear it.
Don't get me wrong i'm all for protesting but it'll be a complete waste of time if no one is there to hear us. It won't make the impact we want.

Diamond Mike will always avoid games if the heats being cranked up on him.  It is however impossible for the rest of the board to all avoid it as its a matchday some of them will have jobs to do tonight so will be in attendance for sure.  I just really hope we can get good numbers for this tonight, I will be there for sure.
dell boy

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:34:28 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Its impossible to plan this without the club getting wind of it anyway.

There should be a members area on this forum, only those posters who have made over 100 or maybe 200 posts (for examples) allowed to enter to that area and read/post. It happens on some other sites I have visited.

No doubt in my mind they are aware of what might be planned for tonight, they do read the forums on a regular basis.
skuaimages

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:35:03 »

Its impossible to plan this without the club getting wind of it anyway.
sorry can't make it 800 miles away
I feel a miracle is required  Sad

is there any point in letting sky sports news know about an
impending protest tonite - and get it blasted out on their
sports news - the directors will know about this already

sky might come down and you can get some big publicity
they might even help get your message across
be sure you take a clear message though
and i'm not exactly sure what this might be except

please please save our club

but in the end it depends on local support
i feel soooo much for you all  Crying
Toni

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:36:06 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Not true Toni,tbh i would be surprised if any of them turned up tonight anyway,what with the news in the Adver.But we need to make our presence felt regardless,it will get back to them when its reported in the Adver the next day. and there were will be someone near to the board at the game.

Its that kind of lets not bother to rock the boat attitude,or things will sort themselves out in the end attitude that seems to effect a lot of the fans for far too long now.Well people unfortunately it isn't the case,open your eyes and see how badly a bunch of crocks have run OUR club for far too long now.It ain't going to go away or solve itself.

Yeah but if you had read what i said properly then you would see i'm all for protesting. But if no one is going to hear it then it won't bother them. How many times have we protested in the past and the board go and do the complete opposite to what we want?
Like my mum said we need to contact the ITV West Tonight programme and ask them to get someone down here. If there's a reporter there he can get to the board better than we can plus the cameras will air our protest. I do agree though that this board is a bunch of incompetent twats and they need to be out of our club.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:36:52 »

Quote from: "skuaimages"
is there any point in letting sky sports news know about an impending protest tonite - and get it blasted out on their sports news - the directors will know about this already

I was just think the exact same thing.
flammableBen

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:36:52 »

The other day when I said that there's no point to protests until there's something focal for people to get involved with? I'm thinking this might have to be it. No game for another week and a half. Tonight's not ideal, tin pot cup, shit attendance, but if as fan's we can't make any impact tonight then we probably never will.

I'm not hanging around protesting if it's still raining though.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:37:04 »

just go fucking mental in the arkells.

dont sit in shrivvy road or town end. everyone must go in arkells.

make your feelings known.

welcome on board Cheesy
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:39:24 »

when this is decided can i suggest someone gets a mod to sticky the plan for tonight in one simple post including place, time and point - just so everyone knows clearly what is going on.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:39:55 »

Quote from: "toni_swin"

Like my mum said we need to contact the ITV West Tonight programme and ask them to get someone down here. If there's a reporter there he can get to the board better than we can plus the cameras will air our protest. I do agree though that this board is a bunch of incompetent twats and they need to be out of our club.

Tell Points West and South Today instead - ITV only get 50,000 viewers, PW gets five times that.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:41:33 »

In fact, tell you what ... if you want to peak their interest every single person needs to email the following three addresses and tell them they are going to attended a protest:

pointswest@bbc.co.uk

south.today@bbc.co.uk

itvwestnews@itv.com

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:42:08 »

ummm.if we could go under.why dont the board just sell to power and the consortium?
wouldn't that be problem solved?

just read other threads.realise how daft my question is now Oops
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:42:15 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Well i'm foregoing my planned night in with a packet of Hobnobs,even if it is going to piss it down.We need as many people as possibly to go tonight and make sure they know its our club and we aren't going to sit idly by and watch it die cause of their greed and incompetence.

Fair play mate.  Thats the attitude everyone should have.

If I could give up what I am doing I would.
TalkTalk

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:46:37 »

Quote from: "Chris BS32"
In fact, tell you what ... if you want to peak their interest every single person needs to email the following three addresses and tell them they are going to attended a protest:

pointswest@bbc.co.uk

south.today@bbc.co.uk

itvwestnews@itv.com

Done.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2007, 10:46:56 »

have emailed points west i would advise everyone to do the same
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: