Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies  (Read 159220 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #210 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 09:56:54 »

About time the loanees were sorted now.

Loans aren't usually sorted until days before the season starts, maybe even a little later. Why should this season be any different?
Flashheart

« Reply #211 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 10:06:46 »

There's various characters on social media bemoaning us looking at trialists. Must we really have this discussion every year? Why is it necessary to remind people that Kasim was a trialist that couldn't get a game in non-league. Why will it be necessary this time next year to point out that some of this season's trialists (hopefully) went on to be important players for us?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 10:25:45 »

would you agree it's slightly concerning we haven't seemed to bring in a couple of promising youngsters that weren't trialists. like we did Byrne, luongo, etc. i. e. actual targets.

it feels a bit like we are drifting along at the moment.

still a couple of weeks to go..
Flashheart

« Reply #213 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 10:30:51 »

would you agree it's slightly concerning we haven't seemed to bring in a couple of promising youngsters that weren't trialists.

It's the 19th of July, so no.
Flashheart

« Reply #214 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 10:33:38 »

Fuck it. While some of you stress yourself over the signings we haven't made yet, I'm going to get excited over the signings that we haven't made yet.

They're fucking brilliant. Great work Mr. Power, we're going up.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #215 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 10:41:41 »

Loans aren't usually sorted until days before the season starts, maybe even a little later. Why should this season be any different?
I meant the ones we have now. Must be obvious those that need to be discarded.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 10:42:48 »

Fuck it. While some of you stress yourself over the signings we haven't made yet, I'm going to get excited over the signings that we haven't made yet.

They're fucking brilliant. Great work Mr. Power, we're going up.
Haha!

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 10:43:35 »

only seems to be one person stressed here fh. Have a lie down, it's not doing you any good.
Flashheart

« Reply #218 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 10:47:52 »

only seems to be one person stressed here fh. Have a lie down, it's not doing you any good.

Stressed? I'm taking the piss.

I'm particularly pleased with the centre back the we haven't signed yet. He really brings out the best in Branco.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #219 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 10:56:52 »

Any idea why the official STFC report on the game refuses to actually name the triallists that the 'bogey media', and therefore everyone else, knows the name of.

Seems bizarre.
Flashheart

« Reply #220 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 11:04:45 »

Dunno about that, but there seems to be widespread confusion over whether or not we missed a penalty.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 11:05:37 »

Clubs are usually accommodating when it comes to pre-season trialists and less so during mid-season behind closed doors friendlies.

Fanzai don't name the full squad either so I would guess that this falls under Power's apparent quite clear media paranoia.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 11:10:23 »

Dunno about that, but there seems to be widespread confusion over whether or not we missed a penalty.

That is often the case, I would argue a penalty is missed when the taker fails to engage the keeper in any way....a method much loved by England players. However, if the keeper saves the shot, then the correct terminology should be we had a penalty saved.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #223 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 11:15:17 »

Think the confusion is whether we were awarded a penalty or not.

I wonder who is going to be our penalty-misser this season
Flashheart

« Reply #224 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 11:19:52 »

That is often the case, I would argue a penalty is missed when the taker fails to engage the keeper in any way....a method much loved by England players. However, if the keeper saves the shot, then the correct terminology should be we had a penalty saved.

I don't mean that. Some sources say Obika missed a penalty (whatever that would entail), others say there was no penalty awarded.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: