Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 125225 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 12:07:41 »

What you mean after all the bitching on here no one phone in and asked the immortal question - shocking!

BBC Wilts asked mine regarding money/interest owed to power in an early phone in, fair play.

He said it was one for his accountant, blah blah. At this point I realised he wasn't going to answer/commit to answer anything transparently so any serious suggestions are rather pointless.

You bet your life the first thing Power or any investors he has got money off would have been the interest they'd get.  Power can fuck off with his this is one for the accountants business.

In the absence of any information I am going to go with Power being a LIBOR +7% man.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 12:20:58 »

Is it not 'that' Steve Walsh, I had always assumed the same?

This is Steve Walsh the Leicester scout:

...and this is Steve Walsh the Leicester 1993 play off loser:

My brother sent me a pic of the former just last week, commenting that the last few years had not been kind.  As Reg says, though, not the same man.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #527 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 12:33:57 »

It wouldn't surprise me if Power has taken a fee (like an agent fee) from transfers. Think it's fair enough if you can sell players for the amounts we have, given the sub-par fees we've achieved before that.

Didn't Fitton receive a cut of the Charlie Austin money?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 12:45:25 »

Some good questions there. I just wonder if this time Steve Anderson will be alongside him in the studio because the last two times they have held these, he often answered a question with "thats one for Steve Anderson" so perhaps it would make sense if Shaun Hodgetts got him in as well?

It would be interesting to know whether the team will train full time at Highworth from next season or if its not ready if they will be at Wootton Bassett again

If steve anderson was there power couldn't conveniently dodge any questions
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 13:08:44 »

Nope, BBC Wilts tweeted he has a "prior engagement".
No surprise there then!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 13:24:25 »

Should we not be simply content that Power makes himself available for these phone-ins?

I suppose I only say that because the 'Anderson deals with this' questions are not very interesting...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #531 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 13:32:14 »

Should we not be simply content that Power makes himself available for these phone-ins?
Indeed, I would imagine Karl Oyston doesn't do the same at Blackpool!

I think we can all be glad that (at the moment) LP is nothing like KO.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-36248594

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 13:38:33 »

Well I for one plan to wrap my radio in tin foil this evening so that the mesmerising thought rays from Power will not impregnate my brain and brain wash me into believing his nonsense!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 13:45:03 »

Indeed, I would imagine Karl Oyston doesn't do the same at Blackpool!

I think we can all be glad that (at the moment) LP is nothing like KO.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-36248594

Indeed although please don't underestimate how much of the Oyston v. fans battle is being fanned by the wider Oyston v. Valeri Belokon battle over money, Belokon has been winding the fans up for ages as part of his argument with Oyston. I am not saying in any way that Oyston is blameless, the family are entirely thus but ultimately the relationship soured when they started to drop down the leagues and actually as they were in D4 when his old man took over and they are now back in D4 little seems to have changed.

Plus fans need to learn that the law applies to them when making stuff up about board members, although thankfully as your original point makes Power doesn't seem to be as litigious as Oyston!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 13:50:13 »

He's a convicted rapist. Cant the FL look at his 'fit and proper person' test again and kick him out?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #535 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 13:53:44 »

Indeed although please don't underestimate how much of the Oyston v. fans battle is being fanned by the wider Oyston v. Valeri Belokon battle over money, Belokon has been winding the fans up for ages as part of his argument with Oyston. I am not saying in any way that Oyston is blameless, the family are entirely thus but ultimately the relationship soured when they started to drop down the leagues and actually as they were in D4 when his old man took over and they are now back in D4 little seems to have changed.

Plus fans need to learn that the law applies to them when making stuff up about board members, although thankfully as your original point makes Power doesn't seem to be as litigious as Oyston!
Blackpool are indeed in deep shit and its getting deeper, Oyston said in an interview that he would rather fold the club than sell it....which seems a little silly and short sighted and extremely inflamatory remark, probably said to wind up Blackpool fans rather than actually mean it.

He is a thoroughly unlikeable person though and I guess we can be thankful that we are not owned by somebody like him....although a lot of Town fans seem to think we actually are!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 14:13:09 »

Blackpool are indeed in deep shit and its getting deeper, Oyston said in an interview that he would rather fold the club than sell it....which seems a little silly and short sighted and extremely inflamatory remark, probably said to wind up Blackpool fans rather than actually mean it.

He is a thoroughly unlikeable person though and I guess we can be thankful that we are not owned by somebody like him....although a lot of Town fans seem to think we actually are!

I suppose sadly if the club doesn't owe them anything (if the tales of dividends are to be believed) and you have been subject to disagreement with the fans for many years (including various threats and libels), if you were that way inclined you may take drastic/petty action or inaction its possibly human nature.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 17:00:15 »

This should be interesting  Suicide
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 17:16:10 »

Anyone care to provide a running commentary?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 17:18:32 »

Obika doesnt want to sign a new deal
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: