Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 125225 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 12:08:05 »

Good question that.

I, too, am missing my first home game Saturday mainly due to the lack of entertainment and I find it difficult to watch just how bad we are at the moment.

If Cooper was replaced by someone who obviously wasn't just a Cooper clone, I'd go.

More of the same under a different manager and I'd remain absent.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 12:17:14 »

I plan to watch a few more times because I feel a bit sorry for Cooper with the squad having  many injuries, and now the stupid red card,  not his fault.  When they're all back, we will see.

ust be the oldest
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 12:39:41 »

It is dull, no denying it. But I can't help think we are over egging it a bit.

I mean, I remember such dull games where we tried to watch the game over at the athletics track rather than our own, or watch the Oasis starling formation. This was quite recently.

It happens all over.

I remember a Danny Baker story of a Millwall bore game where they started playing their own match at the back of the stand. It was only when a massive cheer went up when one of them scored that he realised half the stand was watching their game too.

(just an idea for the DRS concourse Saturday).

I guess the difference between then and now is previously I thought we'd find a way to play to get out of it.. Now I think we'll keep try and keep playing the same way in hope that it'll suddenly work again. And it might, who knows.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 12:56:34 »

It is dull, no denying it. But I can't help think we are over egging it a bit.

I mean, I remember such dull games where we tried to watch the game over at the athletics track rather than our own,

Haha I used to do this all the time. In fact there used to be kids playing cricket on the grass outside the DRS entrance for ages, I think I may have suggested at one point we go and watch them instead.

I think you're right about changes being made though - has Cooper ever made a sub before about 65 minutes? It doesn't feel like it. I suppose again though the lack of game-changing manoeuvres from the bench are bound to be few and far between with such a small squad (not to mention with injuries etc.)

I realise I come across as a bit of a Cooper apologist of late - I actually think a lot of the criticisms levelled against him are fair. I think the biggest issue for me though is that given his interlinked role within the set up whoever replaces him is unlikely to be much different.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
willwalder

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 13:14:08 »

Hi Will. Is there a facility to email questions over?

it's stfc@bbc.co.uk
GL5 Red

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 13:48:00 »

PaulD, first and foremost i may be many things and may post heat of the moment that is because i care.  However you call me a keyboard warrior, may i suggest next home i am attend we meet up for a beer and a chat, you can come on here and describe me, i promise you keyboard warrior will not be the description.  Let me know where you would be convenient for you, geniune offer as well, i will even buy first round.

Re at the moment.  Just utterly depressed that we have the lowest wage budget, sign players on a shoe string, have received millions (wembley and transfer fees) etc etc.  Top it of we get beat again by that shower of shit.  lLike i posted earlier, lads i know, lads on the train to and from the game cannot stand Lee Power so i am not in the minority.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 13:51:27 »

Just utterly depressed that we have the lowest wage budget, sign players on a shoe string

You're angry at Lee Power because he's not stupidly rich, then? Seriously, what is your solution?

You make it sound like there are thousands of Qatari oil billionaires just queuing up to take over and Power pushed them over because he was so desperate to take charge.

GL5 Red

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 13:55:01 »

Ells Power us bleeding us dry, you don't think he is?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 13:55:27 »

PaulD, first and foremost i may be many things and may post heat of the moment that is because i care.  However you call me a keyboard warrior, may i suggest next home i am attend we meet up for a beer and a chat, you can come on here and describe me, i promise you keyboard warrior will not be the description.  Let me know where you would be convenient for you, geniune offer as well, i will even buy first round.

Re at the moment.  Just utterly depressed that we have the lowest wage budget, sign players on a shoe string, have received millions (wembley and transfer fees) etc etc.  Top it of we get beat again by that shower of shit.  lLike i posted earlier, lads i know, lads on the train to and from the game cannot stand Lee Power so i am not in the minority.

You spout so much shit and the moment a question gets asked you can't prove or justify anything. We don't have the lowest budget, if you think Thomas, Ajose, Stewart and plus many others are shoe string then you clearly have no perspective. Teams like Exeter are run on a shoe string, clubs which can only sign 1 player a season
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 13:55:34 »

Ells Power us bleeding us dry, you don't think he is?

I don't tend to believe anything without evidence, no.

Flashheart

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 13:57:28 »

lLike i posted earlier, lads i know, lads on the train to and from the game cannot stand Lee Power so i am not in the minority.

So then knowing a few lads that agree with you puts you in the majority?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:00:26 »

"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people, Jeremy."

Flashheart

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:01:37 »

"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people, Jeremy."

Grin
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:04:49 »

So then knowing a few lads that agree with you puts you in the majority?

On the train, yes.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:15:45 »

PaulD, first and foremost i may be many things and may post heat of the moment that is because i care.  However you call me a keyboard warrior, may i suggest next home i am attend we meet up for a beer and a chat, you can come on here and describe me, i promise you keyboard warrior will not be the description.  Let me know where you would be convenient for you, geniune offer as well, i will even buy first round.

Re at the moment.  Just utterly depressed that we have the lowest wage budget, sign players on a shoe string, have received millions (wembley and transfer fees) etc etc.  Top it of we get beat again by that shower of shit.  lLike i posted earlier, lads i know, lads on the train to and from the game cannot stand Lee Power so i am not in the minority.

WEll take the opportunity to ask the questions then email at stfc@bbc.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: