Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday thread.  (Read 99163 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 15:51:09 »

I think we had a lot more about us today than against Millwall. We had plenty of chances in the first half, and had plenty of ball in the second.

Agree otherwise. IF we can win Tuesday that puts us firmly back on track.
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 15:51:57 »

Cheltenham 0-2 Northampton

Gutted after the loss today, but seeing this has made me feel a bit better so far. Especially as I have a chelt supporting mate who ripped into me for our loss today and thought that now was cheltenhams chance to storm past us. Take that you stupid cunt
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 15:53:58 »

Sir SWS is a charlatan.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 16:01:25 »

Gutted after the loss today, but seeing this has made me feel a bit better so far. Especially as I have a chelt supporting mate who ripped into me for our loss today and thought that now was cheltenhams chance to storm past us. Take that you stupid cunt

Ben Tozer scored the first too.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 16:15:11 »

I see the pox raise the their game against the big boys, typical tinpot non league minnows mentality  Smiley
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 16:16:12 »

Gutted, the 5 minutes after the Constable sending off costs us. I didn't even seen the first two goals I was ducking out of the way from the constant chairs, bottles and coins being lobbed by the Oxford fans next to us. We should of should 4 or 5 but their goalkeeper won the game for them, collected everything and saved everything, fair play Oxford you sat back and defended well, also the stupid Oxford flag was quite embarrasing.

Need to bounce back agaisnt D&R now, a nice thumping would be nice.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 16:17:22 »

Disappointed with the result, it sounded like we played well but couldn't finish the chances we created.

Just a bad day at the office, we're still top of the league, hopefully some results will go our way today aswell.

We'll get up, dust ourselves and go again, Tuesday will be massive and I'm sure we'll put things right.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 16:18:01 »

Worryingly we looked lethargic and had no ideas. Poxford game plan pretty simple keep breaking up play with copious fouls and stay behind ball 10 men down. We never looked like scoring though. A bad day at the office.

How sad though that Poxford are so desperate they even sing praises of the ball boy who took his time in first half.

Trouble as well in North Stand, seats and flares chucked about. Toilets damaged so away end flooded at end.

Bit of a ramble this, posting via phone in pub

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 16:19:03 »

Southend winning.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #549 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 16:23:04 »

The table actually looks alright all things considered
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 16:30:05 »

Pikeys and Vale winning as well. Keeping the pressure on the Pox. Makes their win even more worthless in table terms.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 16:31:15 »

Dag & Red winning.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 16:32:37 »

Monday night : Southend v Crawley

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Flashheart

« Reply #553 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 16:32:56 »

Substitutes:

Smith on: Juggling about to get Cibocchi off

Cox on, J Smith off: We can owe our league position in part to the substitutes that PDC has made and the fact he isn't afraid to take off a player that isn't doing what is wanted. If PDC perceives that J Smith wasn't doing what PDC wants then PDC will fix it and one of the brief moments of actual commentary from today mentioned how Cox seemed to give us more in attack than Smith did. We've been praising PDC for his willingness to make changes all season and it would be idiotic to criticise him for it now.

Bodin on: I like Connell myself. Really I do. However, he has been missing sitters all season long and I remember commenting a while ago that he cannot complain if he is dropped (after missing yet more sitters). He has been given chances in the squad yet hasn't taken them. He doesn't seem to perform well when given starts. Yes, he does pop up with some important goals which makes everybody (understandably) want him to play but that is just papering over the cracks. I also remember reading the washbag article which details how Connell doesn't seem to 'attack' enough for a striker. A good player yes, but being a good player alone won't deliver the goals.

I'm no fan of Murray, but he does seem to be a live-wire and could cause problems. Bodin is also a bit of a live-wire and when playing against two banks of four you need somebody that has a bit of trickery and can do the unexpected. Connell isn't that type of player. As much as Connell may be a fans favourite I can see why he may have thought Bodin was a better option for this match.

We may never know, but there's every possibility that although we lost today PDC still made the best possible substitutions he could. To question his judgement in a loss in a derby match after a 10 match winning streak is frankly a tad short sighted.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 16:34:53 »

Monday night : Southend v Crawley

Southend now 2-0 up.

Cheltenham score, 1-2.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: