Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Peterborough United Official Matchday Thead  (Read 39146 times)
forward

« Reply #195 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 09:34:14 »

I don't understand the consensus on this forum that Williams busts a gut for the team. He regularly shirks challenges and doesn't play to his size in the air. His body language is terrible, and he sulks and dwells on missed chances for far too long. If chasing down the goalkeeper, and then wandering back onside at his leisure, is satisfactory, then fair enough.

There's nothing wrong with Luongo's commitment. His passing range is a bit out, that's all. He's just out of form.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 09:35:20 »

Willo has always had a habit of getting in a sulk when things aren't going his way. Probably my least favourite thing about him. Him and Smith both need sitting down and being told they are still two of the best strikers in the league. A couple of fluffed shots doesn't change that. Get someone like Luongo  on the penalties and let the strikers do what they were doing earlier in the season.

It's still mathematically  possible for us to go up automatically.  Just like to put that out there.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 10:37:58 »

I don't understand the consensus on this forum that Williams busts a gut for the team. He regularly shirks challenges and doesn't play to his size in the air. His body language is terrible, and he sulks and dwells on missed chances for far too long. If chasing down the goalkeeper, and then wandering back onside at his leisure, is satisfactory, then fair enough.

If you take yesterdays performance in isolation that's spot on.

I think up to a few weeks ago he was putting in a shift, now he's gone hiding which I put down to confidence.

Didn't notice Luongo at all until Swift came on, he perked up a bit then.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 11:10:53 »

Highlights are up

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 11:49:01 »

Highlights are up

Thanks for posting that.
Watching that back didn't realise Hylton still had some work to do before hitting the bottom corner.
Good finish.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 11:49:47 »

Highlights are up

Having seen a couple of their chances we were bloody lucky to have Wes in goal. Hylton's goal was well taken.
Talk Talk

« Reply #201 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 12:55:00 »

It was nice to meet Tails from here today.

Did you open his casket propped up on the back wall then Jay?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 16:20:33 »

Oddly, I thought Willo got some good support/encouragement after the penalty miss and after the miss at the Town End. I didn't notice the ironic cheering when he was subbed either. Maybe I'm getting too old to understand what is going on any more...

It was in the Arkells.  Perhaps more noticeable because it was people near to me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 19:06:58 »

Quote from: Honkytonk
Highlights are up

Having seen a couple of their chances we were bloody lucky to have Wes in goal. Hylton's goal was well taken.

he's been on good form recently. saved us from a spanking against franchise, couldn't do much with the city goals.

but bloody hell do I have kittens sometimes when the ball lands at his feet.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 19:08:45 »

he's been on good form recently. saved us from a spanking against franchise, couldn't do much with the city goals.

but bloody hell do I have kittens sometimes when the ball lands at his feet.

Best keeper since Digby.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 19:49:06 »

Best keeper since Digby.

Funny you should say that, but a guy I sit next to on Saturday was talking about Wes taking risks and said 'I don't half get the jitters when Fraser has the ball at his feet!'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #206 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 07:13:46 »

Best keeper since Digby.
We will miss him when he signs for the 82ers after they get promotion and we don't...if the OTIB is anything to go by.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 07:21:11 »

We will miss him when he signs for the 82ers after they get promotion and we don't...if the OTIB is anything to go by.

Which is hilarious because don't they already have the best keeper in the history of the universe?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #208 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 07:31:59 »

Which is hilarious because don't they already have the best keeper in the history of the universe?
Only as back up for Fenella Fielding of course Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 08:14:12 »

Highlights are up

Few things about this... Massimo actually celebrated. Probably down to everyone being excited for Hylton though. Also, one of the Peterborough players getting a clearance smashed into him when the pen was called.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: