Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thursday Night  (Read 25269 times)
glos_robin

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 14:23:31 »

Another question I have is 'Are you ever going to take responsibility for your own failures or are you just going to continue blaming others for the fact you couldn't organise a piss up in a brewary'
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 14:27:30 »

Because of my temporary disability I cannot go on Thursday.  I was at the last Trust meeting where afterwards Mike Bowden assured me he would ring me on the following Monday to arrange for temporary disability access to the ground for me.  Please ask him, on my behalf, why he lied - I have never received that 'phone call! :old:  :old:

PS Or had that beer he promised me!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 14:39:49 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
'Are you ever going to take responsibility for your own failures or are you just going to continue blaming others for the fact you couldn't organise a piss up in a brewary'

I know from dealing with the board they have openly admitted "we have got things wrong in the past"
glos_robin

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 14:53:27 »

Yes but anything major gets blamed on others, they never say what they have got wrong. Overspends, debts etc all someone elses fault
red macca

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 15:14:00 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazza"
'Are you ever going to take responsibility for your own failures or are you just going to continue blaming others for the fact you couldn't organise a piss up in a brewary'

I know from dealing with the board they have openly admitted "we have got things wrong in the past"
They are geniuses really then if they spotted that gazza
glos_robin

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 15:26:39 »

Oh and Gaz their getting things wrong at present as well, are they admitting that too?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 15:32:03 »

What things are they getting wrong? Things have calmed down as of late. You can't knock them for having the full management team out there Thursday night for fans to talk to. I don't think this is on BBC but I could be wrong, meaning its no holds barred.
glos_robin

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 15:35:00 »

Ummmm todays statement regarding Devlin for example, regretfully accepting his resignation........yeah right.  I will be there Thursday but you can guarentee and financial questions will be avoided as they'll say takeover negotiations are on going so they can't reveal details of finances. Other things they are doing wrong at present treating season ticket holders such as Mexico_Red like dirt, not turning up to meeting with him and the other Arkells refugees.....thats for starters do you really want a list?
red macca

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 15:35:15 »

What things are they getting wrong? Things have calmed down as of late. You can't knock them for having the full management team out there Thursday night for fans to talk to. I don't think this is on BBC but I could be wrong, meaning its no holds barred.
No your right they are great gazza.They have done nothing wrong recently
glos_robin

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 15:36:58 »

Macca read my post above I feel Mexico_red and others may disagree
mattboyslim

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 15:43:51 »

Quote from: "red macca"
No your right they are great gazza.They have done nothing wrong recently

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

I suspect?
red macca

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 15:45:36 »

Quite possible matty Cheesy
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 15:45:54 »

Ummmm todays statement regarding Devlin for example, regretfully accepting his resignation........yeah right.  I will be there Thursday but you can guarentee and financial questions will be avoided as they'll say takeover negotiations are on going so they can't reveal details of finances. Other things they are doing wrong at present treating season ticket holders such as Mexico_Red like dirt, not turning up to meeting with him and the other Arkells refugees.....thats for starters do you really want a list?

To be fair they aren’t going to say, “thank fuck that wanker Devlin is gone, if he didn’t resign we would have sacked him, we invite all Swindon Town fans to a party to celebrate his resignation” are they? I thought the club sorted the thing with Mex etc giving them VIP tickets etc and I thought Martyn and Mex had a heated discussion about why no one of authority was at the meeting and that was sorted between the 2 now? Admittedly perhaps it shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

The board have done things wrong mainly the raise in ticket prices and when/if the fans consortium get in they will get things wrong and fans will turn on them too eventually. Example can be seen at Brentford where the fans are in charge but not happy with the current board, which are fans and elected by the fans I believe. The Scum also had their Nick Merry come in and take over and look where they are now, They are not happy that Jim Smith (their equivalent to Lou Macari) can not repeat the success they had previously.

Is this how the fans consortium board would be?

Sir Seton Wills – President
Bill Power – Chairman
Mike Wilks/Paul Davis/ Andy Ratcliffe – Fans Director(s)

As football fans I think its simple, we will never be happy regardless who is in charge and what decisions are made, It’s all part of life at Swindon Town.
mattboyslim

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 15:54:27 »

I'm guessing Phil Emmel may fit in somewhere and there may well be other backers who are involved who might be on the board.  I supect owing to the structure of the trust any member can put themselves forward to be involved.
red macca

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 15:56:18 »

To be fair they aren’t going to say, “thank fuck that wanker Devlin is gone, if he didn’t resign we would have sacked him, we invite all Swindon Town fans to a party to celebrate his resignation” are they? I thought the club sorted the thing with Mex etc giving them VIP tickets etc and I thought Martyn and Mex had a heated discussion about why no one of authority was at the meeting and that was sorted between the 2 now? Admittedly perhaps it shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

The board have done things wrong mainly the raise in ticket prices and when/if the fans consortium get in they will get things wrong and fans will turn on them too eventually. Example can be seen at Brentford where the fans are in charge but not happy with the current board, which are fans and elected by the fans I believe. The Scum also had their Nick Merry come in and take over and look where they are now, They are not happy that Jim Smith (their equivalent to Lou Macari) can not repeat the success they had previously.

Is this how the fans consortium board would be?

Sir Seton Wills – President
Bill Power – Chairman
Mike Wilks/Paul Davis/ Andy Ratcliffe – Fans Director(s)

As football fans I think its simple, we will never be happy regardless who is in charge and what decisions are made, It’s all part of life at Swindon Town.
why would they not? they basically called him a wanker when they accused him of the overspend.they did not visit the bloke in hospital.The issue is gazza it should not be part of life at stfc and thats why we will continue to fuck up because fans with the same opinion as yourself will just accept it and think that this is the norm when it fucking shouldnt be
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: