Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wycombe wanderers V Swindon Town official matchday thread  (Read 40354 times)
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 15:32:22 »

I think everything has been covered. Atwell was a complete cunt, shouldnt be allowed to referee. First half we were shocking but 2nd we had a bit more about us. I really hope we get 3rd or 4th so that we are at home 2nd leg of the play off.

And why were the town fans singing 'we hate Leeds scum' song again, it pissed me off, we werent even playing them!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 15:33:52 »

Yeah mate, I had a go at a bunch of people behind me in the first fucking minute for singing that song. I said who gives a fuck about Leeds and some mug said, we do and something else which I chose to shout over.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 15:35:40 »

Apologies for shouting your username at you.

You did look a bit of a tit though....

No worries. Funniest bit was a group of Town fans in the chippy chanting 'always look on the bright side of life'. Did feel a tit at full time walking out miserable as fuck with the result.
Spencer_White

« Reply #408 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 15:36:37 »

It just adds to their (Leeds) arrogance. Dont do it. We are Swindon. Fuck Leeds.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 15:47:15 »

It just adds to their (Leeds) arrogance. Dont do it. We are Swindon. Fuck Leeds.

Agree your comments and I don't mind Leeds going up now given their position as I don't want their wingeing 'Leeds are a massive club' supporters in our league any more with the condescending attitude to us 'tin pot clubs'. Let them go to the Championship where they can start to 'live the dream' again and soon have those aspirations shattered as I can't see them being anything more than mediocre. Bates won't chuck much more cash at them and after 3 years in League 1 their squad isn't going to be that competitive.

Without Leeds the playoffs won't have any of the bullshit and one track mind media coverage. Will make the play offs an honest competition between 4 reasonably well matched sides and hopefully we are the best team to come through that.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 15:55:07 »

Interesting what Wilson does in terms of selection as some players clearly need a rest so the pragmatic, rational thing would be to rest players and prepare for the play offs but if there is a mathematical chance of auto does he keep his first choice 11 in? I think he should rest players for Brentford as Millwall game might be too high profile to rest 4 or 5 but there will be some quarters who will criticise if Leeds or Millwall slip up and we've rested players and don't beat Brentford. Think it would be good fro the team to almost forget on auto and get their minds and bodies prepared for the play offs.

Danny in his interview live on RS conceded that it would be the playoffs, said he was looking for two good performances (not necessarily wins).  At this point he was angry as I have heard him in an interview.  After mentioning that he would not be kicking the cat as he likes animals, he later said that the team had to be prepared for slip ups and big games were coming up and he always said it would go down to the wire.

Which teams are going to give two good performances, Ward looks to be out for at least the last the next two games and Marshall had a knock.  This is is a team that looks tired (the two Wycombe awarded goals were very much avoidable by greater alertness, evident on looking at them and as clearly pointed out by Danny).

This should come down to who is the most tired and rest them.  If there are players that are jaded they may as well be injured. Earlier in the thread LJF was mentioned as a midfielder, I read somewhere that he has played midfield.  Having that aerial ability in front of the back four is something that might be welcome with five minutes to go away from home, similar to how Luggy used Peacock.  Assuming both Ward and Marshall are out, there may need to be an LJF and Sheahan left side.  Another option is starting Easton for Ferry.  Austin needs to be given a rest, his game is all about sharpness in and around the box.  Pricard and/or Nouble have to step up to the plate, but the loan extension for Nouble suggests that Pericard might be loaned out to Aldershot next season.  

There are several players that have never played a full season and many that have played just about the full season.  I think Danny will hedge, he will put out the strongest line ups, but not based on what has been his starting line-up for weeks since MK Dongs.  In any event, no Ward on Saturday.
Spencer_White

« Reply #411 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 16:03:50 »

It happened to him 3 times with Bristol City (they were in 2nd position with a month to go and slipped back into the POs) and that cost him his job there.

I would expect him to be very upset inside about how its gone in the last few weeks. But one thing you can always say about Danny Wilson is he is very professional, and a manager who relies on his brain rather than shouting/throwing around tea cups in the dressing room.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 16:21:10 »

There are several players that have never played a full season and many that have played just about the full season.  I think Danny will hedge, he will put out the strongest line ups, but not based on what has been his starting line-up for weeks since MK Dongs.  In any event, no Ward on Saturday.

I think that is a very relevant point and that from a physical and mental perspective tiredness will creep in especially for youngsters who have not been in the situation before of 'closing out a promotion'. Since the beginning of March we've had a number of high profile games and the Leeds win set expectations sky high and we've not hit the heights since, we've had an element of bad luck and also come up against teams who have played out of their skins to get results against us.

I am not sure that Danny Wilson was expecting us to hit second at Easter but once we were in that position he had to stick with the team that got us in that position as our squad isn't that deep and maybe we've done a Villa and run out of steam a bit. I don't take that Danny mucks up promotion winning situations and the situation as Bristol City was slightly different in that they expected and almost demanded promotion. so the pressure was huge once they started to wobble. I think we have faith in Wilson to do the right thing and only him and the coaching staff will observe which players are delivering in training and it games, they're the experts and Wilson has got a decent record in pretty much 15 years continuous management
Spencer_White

« Reply #413 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 16:29:37 »

Just to say, looking on a Wycombe forum they said that our support was good in numbers, but poor for noise. And I never, ever thought I would have that said about us as a Swindon fan! Were just not supposed to be that sort of club!

It needs sorting out. Really needs sorting out. ASAP.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 16:34:18 by Spencer_White » Logged
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 16:34:48 »

Just to say, looking on a Wycombe forum they said that our support was good in numbers, put poor for noise. And I never, ever thought I would have that said about us as a Swindon fan! Were just not supposed to be that sort of club!

We were quite in the first half and I think that was a combination of a flat performance, attacking the other end and maybe one or two of us had beers in the sunshine which can make you a little weary. Billy's goal livened us up and thought we were much livelier in the second half and got behind the lads plus a bit of ref abuse.
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 16:38:43 »

crazy second half. lot of squaking from our end.  Shut Up ref and lino were cunts and deserved the abuse from us at the end.  :cunt:

the performances and results not going for us has been a shame but i have to admit that filling away ends and pubs for some of our away games have been great and although its a shame we could'nt hold on to second im still enjoying this seasons promotion push especially after the rubbish we had to watch last season. DW-best manager in years. well done

hope we get a big crowd for the Brentford game and a POSITIVE atmosphere because lets be fair, we have over achieved big time this season.

Spencer_White

« Reply #416 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 16:40:43 »

Still, we dont seem to raise ourselves to support from the first whistle. Thats what players appreiciate, it takes away their nerves.

Thats how you really inspire players. Thinking back to 2001, we were voted by Wycombe fans as the best away support at Adams park that season in Total Football magazine. And we were absolutely superb! The team, of course, were shite.

Im a bit ashamed to support a team where I view the team as better than the fans! Haha.
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 16:44:50 »

Still, we dont seem to raise ourselves to support from the first whistle. Thats what players appreiciate, it takes away their nerves.

Thats how you really inspire players. Thinking back to 2001, we were voted by Wycombe fans as the best away support at Adams park that season in Total Football magazine. And we were absolutely superb! The team, of course, were shite.

Im a bit ashamed to support a team where I view the team as better than the fans! Haha.

i was there in 01, sure we drew 0-0 but agree with our support that day, seem to remember inflatable banana's for some reason!
i always try to show my support to the players even if i look like a twat cos everyone around me is quite 
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 17:03:03 »

Just to say, looking on a Wycombe forum they said that our support was good in numbers, but poor for noise. And I never, ever thought I would have that said about us as a Swindon fan! Were just not supposed to be that sort of club!

Why does it bother you so much Spencer ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Spencer_White

« Reply #419 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 17:09:37 »

Firstly because its true, and our support was poor noise wise for our numbers.

Because I think our support is part of what defines us as a club? Its part of why Ive been so passionate about STFC for the past decade and more. Its what got me really hooked on it. I worry its dissapearing forever, and I just dont see what sort of spectacle lower league football is without it. In what other way can we compete? I guess it bothers me because deep down because I question my own desire to go if our support becomes all dads and daughters clap clap clap. Wheres the soul? I dont want to have to admit to myself that I should have just supported Man United/Chelsea or Spurs like everyone else. Because we seem to be getting left behind by them in terms of passion for the game.

If you dont have the atmosphere, you dont have the passion, and without the passion, whats the point? Malpas really did ruin it for me at Swindon because not only was he unbelievably rubbish but there seemed to be no prospect of him being removed either which meant a lot of Swindon fans werent even sure if they wanted the team to win. That had never happened before and were still recovering from that. But I want it back the way it was. Honestly the whole Malpas thing made me very depressed in my own life for about a year because id say 90% of my mates gave up on Swindon. Became a rubbish day out.

Fish head, yes it was 0-0, and when I said the team were shit, they were, talent wise, but they pulled out a massive effort to grind out a point to help keep us up, and the fans had something to do with that.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 18:48:10 by Spencer_White » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: