Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New mobile phone  (Read 52770 times)
Sussex

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 17:12:39 »

Should have said something, could have had my iPhone.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 20:02:00 »

I'll have it!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 12:28:06 »

Got an HTC Desire today, cheers for the advice all.
Be interested to know how you get on with it, looks like a great phone, knocks spots off the iCult <ducks>
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #93 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 12:43:21 »

Be interested to know how you get on with it, looks like a great phone, knocks spots off the iCult <ducks>

Yeah I'll post some thoughts when I've had a chance to find the good and bad points.

The predictive text thing really annoyed me at first (it predicts what word it thinks you want, instead of the word you may have typed). This meant I ended up having to send a 'this is my new number' text three times, due to the dictionary not liking my surname, then typing the word woops as woods. Sorry people, it must have been confusing!  Embarrassed
stfcinbmth

« Reply #94 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 15:47:50 »

Yeah I'll post some thoughts when I've had a chance to find the good and bad points.

The predictive text thing really annoyed me at first (it predicts what word it thinks you want, instead of the word you may have typed). This meant I ended up having to send a 'this is my new number' text three times, due to the dictionary not liking my surname, then typing the word woops as woods. Sorry people, it must have been confusing!  Embarrassed

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100403070614AA0ZH5g
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 16:15:36 »

OK chappers i need some advice.

Signed up with the Carphone Warehouse in Chippers for a Samsung Jet on Orange - 2 year contract.

I was told the Jet had push email.....it does in a way...but despite all the fiddling and going on the net and getting info all i can do is download email....they dont bump on to my inbox as i thought...and.....more importantly i cannot send emails...just keeps coming up 'connection failed'.
In short i am fucked off and want to swap over to a Blackberry.....

What is my best course of action......Carphone Warehouse or Orange?

Clems Army!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 16:23:51 »

OK chappers i need some advice.

Signed up with the Carphone Warehouse in Chippers for a Samsung Jet on Orange - 2 year contract.

I was told the Jet had push email.....it does in a way...but despite all the fiddling and going on the net and getting info all i can do is download email....they dont bump on to my inbox as i thought...and.....more importantly i cannot send emails...just keeps coming up 'connection failed'.
In short i am fucked off and want to swap over to a Blackberry.....

What is my best course of action......Carphone Warehouse or Orange?

How long have you had it?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 16:48:09 »

Erm.......Weds 14th April...

Clems Army!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 16:49:38 »

Erm.......Weds 14th April...

You're very lucky then. Take it back to CW tomorrow. Normally you get 14 days to change your mind about a phone. They'll probably let you swap it before April 28th.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 17:10:41 »

Whoops, no wonder it was confused.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 17:12:51 »

You should get one of these instead Flash:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/24/stuart_hughes_luxury_items/
stfcinbmth

« Reply #101 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 17:18:36 »

Damn rediculous
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 18:20:31 »

I'm not going to turn it off, it's actually good if you get the odd letter wrong on the touch screen! I just didn't realise it may do that so was quite happily tapping away on the QWERTY keyboard without really checking the outcome.

Whoops, no wonder it was confused.

I typed in nevillew and it changed to pedant.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 18:24:15 »

The swype keyboard looks an interesting concept. I think it is in Beta for Android right now.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #104 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 18:40:06 »

The swype keyboard looks an interesting concept. I think it is in Beta for Android right now.

I just had a look at that, I wonder how easy it is to use. I thought tapping small buttons on a touch screen would be tricky, but with the flid finger correction it's a doddle. I think the iPhone does this well too from what people have said.

Android 2.1 has speech-to-text, which could be quite handy for lengthy emails, it's not worth it for text messages.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: