Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Oxford - past and present  (Read 31775 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:27:36 »

"Even normally law abiding Oxford fans go mental for this one"

Which just further hammers home the point about Pox's inferiority.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:29:34 »

For me it's another season of trying to get out of the league we find ourselves in, our friends from up the road must be really excited about visiting some real grounds with stands on all four sides ! Giving it the big one might of impressed me when I was a teenager but any true supporter will be more concerned by what happens not only in our two games but the whole season. Hope ours is a one season stop over, I wonder if the warriors from Oxford have given the football much thought? To busy worrying about off field matters, see you there !
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:30:57 »

It's all they know judging by their forum. Mind you, apart from one brief spell in Div 1, what else to do they have to crow about football wise?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Morgan Freeman

People enjoy the sound of my voice

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:31:56 »

I thought this was a quite marvellous post by a Plymouth fan which I saw on The Football Forum:

The Oxford fans on here are utterly terrible. You can almost picture them, a sad sight, drooling at their acne-ridden mouths after so many dire years languishing in the grim shit-tip that is non-league football, bitterly envying Swindon's comparitive 'success' in the giddy heights of the L1 promised land and just waiting for the day that both their rickety and respective paths cross. Now the great day has come, but instead of a respectful excitement their terrible banter and woefully inept posting has completely let them down; the years of being made to post in the non-league section has really made them utterly and cringeworthily small-time. They would be much more at home lording it over the offal like Forest Green Rovers; they almost seem a fish out of water now they are back in the 'big time' of league football. All I can say is what a genuinely dire bunch. And what a genuinely dire thread. Simply embarrassing.

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:40:26 »

The thing that matters is the football,not if some morons went in the other teams stand or not. Who gives a fuck? So Oxford have historically had a few more idiots than us?fucking well done for that.
2 similar sized clubs whatever each other may say. Oxford just hate us so much as nobody else takes any notice of them. A pretty insignificant club who have not done anything for years.
At least we get attention from a few clubs i suppose.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:41:21 »

I don't read the Oxford forums so I don't see the Swindon equivalents who post such *shudder* banter (the modern term for being a knobhead). However, that Argyle summary describes the stuff I have unfortunately read on here, Twitter etc perfectly.

I agree with arriba's words.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:56:52 »

Torquay?

They robbed us for 70 grand for Elliott Benyon.  They beats us in 1984.  Their badge is stupid.

In fairness I did say "most"
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 22:02:54 by Bumpkin » Logged
Retep

« Reply #82 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 22:04:40 »

I don't read the Oxford forums so I don't see the Swindon equivalents who post such *shudder* banter (the modern term for being a knobhead). However, that Argyle summary describes the stuff I have unfortunately read on here, Twitter etc perfectly.

I agree with arriba's words.

From what I've seen very few Swindon fans post on Oxford forums compared to how many Oxford fans post on Swindon forums. As has been mentioned, they take the rivalry much more seriously than we do, on the Oxford forum you couldn't go a few threads without seeing Swindon mentioned, on here you could go days without Oxford being mentioned (often the Oxford fans end up mentioning themselves, much like this thread).
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 22:29:33 »

I know it doesn't seem believeable, but that's 4,000 at a Conference AWAY match. We took 4,000 to Weymouth, had over 50% of the support.
What is this Conference thing that you speak of? I can't recall ever being there.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 15, 2011, 06:55:56 by Huwwy » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 07:46:26 »

"Even normally law abiding Oxford fans go mental for this one"

Is incest not illegal in Chipping Norton anymore then?

Oi. I live in Chipping Norton!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 07:52:04 »

banter (the modern term for being a knobhead).

This should be the Oxford English Dictionary description.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 08:11:39 »

'They can come out with their putdowns but at the end of the day they know our fans have more bollocks, this is what football is about and we have bossed Swindon since we first played them. Never forget we took the Town End.'

Silly me, I always thought football was about 2 teams of 11 trying to score more goals than the opposition.

I wish I had known the real reason and not wasted the last 32 years of my life on this fake football I go and watch.

I feel foolish Sad

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 08:12:59 »

I'm not sure how popular this post will be but I find the more intense/passionate the support the less quality of life the support base actually has.  Which explains why the geordies always take football as a matter of life and death, it was their release from the daily grind, football gave them that utopia moment on the terraces that they never got at home or work. 

Translate that to Swindon Oxford, in my experience the Oxford lot are more prone to show their allegiance to the cause through violence and have this unshakable hatred of Swindon.  Swindon on the other hand treat Oxford with the contempt they deserve, we hope they continue to embarrass themselves in everything they do, but when it comes down to it I don't believe in the support as a whole we have that same level of hatred for them.  Perhaps it's because our support comes from a broader area, Melksham STFC fans are more likely to bump into cocky City or knuckle dragging Rovers fans than a some pesky Oxford supporter.  Appreciate our Oxfordshire supporters do have this daily STFC/OUFC contact and that's where the rivalry truly exists.

Not sure what the point of this post actually is now, rambling for the sake of it.  In summary my point, I think is, the average Oxford supporter is a low life, who takes football far too seriously due to social short comings.  Now there's a nice generalisation for you first thing in the morning.

Wish I had time to construct this the way I'm actually thinking it in my head, may have to give it another go later.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 08:18:00 »

Pretty cringeworthy stuff, there are quite a few who like to big themselves up. Looking forward to going to their place, if it's a sell out can I take a crate and watch over the fence?  How tall is the fence, 5ft or 6ft panels?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 08:21:25 »

That makes more sense than you think it does, janaage Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: