Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Oxford - past and present  (Read 31775 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 20:11:21 »

I remember being two down at Oxford and winning 5-2?...Fitzroy was quality that day,was getting in a sticky situation after the game and an old school friend of mine Darren Rochester saved my life,he didn't do anything but they took one look at him and thought twice.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 20:18:56 »

I remember being two down at Oxford and winning 5-2?...Fitzroy was quality that day,was getting in a sticky situation after the game and an old school friend of mine Darren Rochester saved my life,he didn't do anything but they took one look at him and thought twice.

Fucking hell leefer. I used to knock around with Rochester many years ago - used to join him for a lunchtime pint in the Mills during the week. Luckilly never got involved in some of his activities. He did time after a Gills away game. His sister was fucking scary as well. 
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 20:25:38 »

Fucking hell leefer. I used to knock around with Rochester many years ago - used to join him for a lunchtime pint in the Mills during the week. Luckilly never got involved in some of his activities. He did time after a Gills away game. His sister was fucking scary as well. 

I will let you tell him that Chalkies!
Saw him at a couple of matches last season.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 20:32:33 »

I will let you tell him that Chalkies!
Saw him at a couple of matches last season.
Haven't seen him for years.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 21:12:54 »

How many Town vs Oxford games has there been since 1999?

Not sure how many it was. There was an LDV (or whatever it was called then) game at the county ground, which I think went to penalties. Must have been around 12-14 league games home and away.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 21:29:29 »

4-2
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 07:47:32 »

I remember when shaun close scored against them Cool

Epic
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 15:27:46 »

Not sure how many it was. There was an LDV (or whatever it was called then) game at the county ground, which I think went to penalties. Must have been around 12-14 league games home and away.

I thought we haven't played them in the league in 10 years? That cup game was 9 seasons ago...so surely maximum of only 4 plus the cup game since 99?
I''m not having a go I'm just curious. I just remember being at Brentford away last season and all these young lads were singing the Oxford hate songs and my mate turned round to me and said 'how many of these have actually been to a Swindon vs Oxford game?' probably many of them had never.
Was the last time we played Oxford on a Sunday? Just have a memory of getting chased through an empty town centre by a police horse after we beat them 2-1?
tans

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 15:29:29 »

92/93 home match was on a sunday i recall.

2-2 draw and magicroundabouts mate was playing for oxford
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 15:32:33 »

92/93 home match was on a sunday i recall.

2-2 draw and magicroundabouts mate was playing for oxford

who's that mate.

Les Phillips?
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 15:34:46 by magicroundabout » Logged

nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 15:36:51 »

who's that mate.

Les Phillips?
Ding dong !

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
tans

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 15:40:21 »

Yeah
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 15:47:17 »

not seen him for ages. speak to his son now and again

tans

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 15:48:15 »

Same
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 21:52:31 »

The 2-4 at the Manor is my favourite game, especially after going 2-0 behind after four minutes. Best moment is probably Duncan's clenched-fist celebration right in front of the London Road.

I enjoy the rivalry and hate the violence and threat of violence. I remember running from a mass of Pox lads outside the Shrivy Road after a night game and got a good kicking at Didcot railway station the last time we lost to them at the Manor. Unfortunately, those who don't want violence are often the victims. Says a lot about how hard the hoolies are.

I recommend Pox fan Ed Horton's piece on the rivalry in the When Saturday Comes Special No 3 Late Tackle. Published in 1991 but still raises a smile.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: