Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Those Muslims cartoons  (Read 6849 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 13:30:15 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
They have a right to peaceful protest Ben, like anybody else.

What they dont have a right to do is threaten acts of terrorism or killing people.

Actually planning and carrying out a terrorist attack is a far way off some badly thought out reactionary placards with 9/11 and 7/7 references on them, most of which were more backlashes in a "you've offended us now we will try offend you" sort of way than actual threats. Obviously it worked. You're offended enough to want to kick them out.

The biggest idiots in all this are the Norwedian, French, Spanish, Italian and German newpapers who reprinted the cartoons just to make a freedom of speach point.  I'm well up for freedom of speach and of course they've got a right to print the cartoons if they want, but some fucking common sense would be nice.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 13:51:06 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "Piemonte"
They have a right to peaceful protest Ben, like anybody else.

What they dont have a right to do is threaten acts of terrorism or killing people.

The biggest idiots in all this are the Norwedian, French, Spanish, Italian and German newpapers who reprinted the cartoons just to make a freedom of speach point.  I'm well up for freedom of speach and of course they've got a right to print the cartoons if they want, but some fucking common sense would be nice.

Didn't our news channels also show them "in context" (of the story).
Besides, I know the reaction seems a little more widespread and extreme in this case, but remember the shit kicked up by the nutter Christians about Jerry Springer - The Operah. In conclusion, all religious nutters are by definition nutters.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 14:47:01 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Infact I don't really see the problem in any of this. The Danish newspaper is (and should be) allowed to print a crap offensive cartoon and any muslims who get offended are (and should be) allowed to show their anger with some demonstrations.

Spot on FB - most sensible comment I've seen on this so-called "furore" so far. And might I add that both the papers who thought they were bravely unfurling the banner of freedom of speech by printing crap cartoons and the idiots who are so offended by some crap cartoions they set fire to flags are a bunch of tits?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 19:29:05 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"
Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Cant believe those cunts can protest in London and get away wth saying that there should be another 7/7!.  :evil:

was looking/reading about all that today and it makes me sick.

Where do they live?

Who lets them live here?

if they don't fucking like it then fuck off back to your own fucking 3rd world country.

i fucking hate them cunts

yes magic! and where do you think all our tax is going? paying them! makes me angry as hell that we work our asses off all week just to pay people who sit on their asses doing nothing all day (and i dont mean students)  :twisted:
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 20:02:36 »

If I went out with a sign saying "Kill all muslims who protest" I'd be racist!
Spud

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 20:10:22 »

Quote from: "Tails"
If I went out with a sign saying "Kill all muslims who protest" I'd be racist!

Yes you would be, although you would be just as bad as those pricks who are saying that there should be another 7/7!.

I saw on the front page of the Express that some bloke went to the London protest with a suicide bomb belt on.  :?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 20:20:23 »

meh, whatever, whats done is done.

all i do know is them boys could make a mean firm  Shocked

officially blacker than the night.
Asher

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 20:26:36 »

Fucking discraceful!  Cunts should be chucked out.  Blair is far to soft
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 21:14:21 »

i say chuck ash out.
your accountant is too soft

officially blacker than the night.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 21:55:27 »

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060203/i/r378273214.jpg

Bin Laden is way? WTF does that mean? Perhaps it should read "Bin Laden is gay", who knows?
DMR

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 21:56:44 »

Exactly... threaten our people and our culture?

Shouldn't fucking be here.
Spud

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 21:57:02 »

Show your faces you cunts!.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 21:57:50 »

I'm more intrigued by the Curo come when reference.
Dazzza

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 22:20:13 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Must be a lost Colchester fan.  Cheesy

Most of those protesters are in their teens and early 20's and I'd wager half of them don't carry the convictions of the placards they're carrying.

Doesn't make it any better in fact it's probably worse but these Asian lads do have a tendency to get a bit excited and overreact without engaging brain at times.  Plus I’m sure there’s some of the old ‘us and them’ mentality that festers which can develop into mob mentality.

STFC Village

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 23:16:51 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Must be a lost Colchester fan.  Cheesy
That made me burst out laughing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: