Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe Alexandra v Swindon Town  (Read 39452 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 17:42:02 »

Well that's pretty shit. We seem to have lost all composure now things aren't going out way. Suspensions and injuries catching up with us.  Thompson will be a big miss. Down to fourth.

Concerned somewhat to say the least.
0-0 away from home doesn't suggest a loss of composure to me. And when you think about, it 4 points from the last two games isn't bad either with a couple of home games to come and Franchise and/or PNE guaranteed to drop points next week.

MAN UP!

Funnily enough, on another note, it occurred to me earlier that it had been eons since we had last drawn 0-0 so whether you see it as a point gained or two dropped, that was probably down to me  Hmmm
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 18:01:42 »

Probably the least likely scoreline for a game between us and Crewe....still another point towards getting a PO spot.

Stop trolling, Reg.  It's fucking tedious.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 18:15:38 »

A point away from home is rarely a bad result and it's certainly not one when you have lost 3 of them on the bounce
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 18:46:59 »

Just back. Don't know whether that was 2 dropped or 1 gained really. We were the better side as shown by the possession stats, the shot count, and the amount of defending Crewe had to do. They weren't hoofball merchants by any stretch but their attacks were limited to counters and set pieces into the box.

I suppose a short summary would be that Wes did what he had to, the defence were fairly solid throughout bar one or two moments, and we had plenty of the ball around and inside the Crewe box, yet didn't test the keeper often enough. Stephens was a prat for getting sent off like that, and whilst Cooper has bemoaned the refs approach, when both teams keep cynically halting the play there are going to be yellow cards.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 18:48:14 »

Stop trolling, Reg.  It's fucking tedious.

Well what the fuck is it then? If you think it's something different then argue your case.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 18:51:58 »

Just back. Don't know whether that was 2 dropped or 1 gained really. We were the better side as shown by the possession stats, the shot count, and the amount of defending Crewe had to do. They weren't hoofball merchants by any stretch but their attacks were limited to counters and set pieces into the box.

I suppose a short summary would be that Wes did what he had to, the defence were fairly solid throughout bar one or two moments, and we had plenty of the ball around and inside the Crewe box, yet didn't test the keeper often enough. Stephens was a prat for getting sent off like that, and whilst Cooper has bemoaned the refs approach, when both teams keep cynically halting the play there are going to be yellow cards.

Just got back as well.
After the game a point gained. Amazing when we went down to 10 we were still pushing to win the game. Gruf made a difference and Smith maybe should have been taken off earlier.
That drive was agony with a prolapsed disc in my back. The things you do following your club.
Reckon an operation may loom and then will be a case of can I still go to football.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 18:53:03 »

Don't know what happened above....need the painkillers.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 18:56:01 »

Just got back as well.
After the game a point gained. Amazing when we went down to 10 we were still pushing to win the game. Gruf made a difference and Smith maybe should have been taken off earlier.
That drive was agony with a prolapsed disc in my back. The things you do following your club.
Reckon an operation may loom and then will be a case of can I still go to football.

Agree that it was great to see us still going for the win with 10 men. You could see how frustrated the players were not to have got the goal come the final whistle.

Also agree about Toffolo - bringing him on for Gladwin made a real difference down the left and he played well.
kerry red

« Reply #173 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:01:42 »

I take Stephens is only banned for the Pikeys game
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:04:01 »

Probably the least likely scoreline for a game between us and Crewe....still another point towards getting a PO spot.
Get a hobby you silly old git.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:06:58 »

Get a hobby you silly old git.

Sorry I don't do personal abuse....if you want to argue why you think this isn't a point towards a PO place, then I'm all ears.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:14:47 »

Would have been good to get 3 points today, but at least it stops the run of away defeats and we also didn't concede.

What was Stephens' second yellow for?

Cooper will be forced into changes on Tuesday by that and Louis' injury, but if I were him I'd start Obika or Hylton alongside Williams instead of Smith (I'm not him though and he probably won't!)

Preston are definitely the in form team, but I wonder whether they can sustain it.  Franchise are as wobbly as us.
Flashheart

« Reply #177 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:16:05 »

Don't act disingenuous Reg, you know exactly what you're doing.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:20:20 »

Don't act disingenuous Reg, you know exactly what you're doing.

As ever I'm expressing my opinion...I know there are some cunts on here, who don't think that's what a message board is for....but tough shit.
Flashheart

« Reply #179 on: Saturday, February 28, 2015, 19:25:58 »

Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: