Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official Swindon Town v Carlisle United Matchday Thread  (Read 53598 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 18:17:55 »

FFS, I thought I was bad. SRK loses it over the term 'yellow troll'.

*points to bench "have a word" points to SRK*.

Always the people who like to throw shit never enjoy seeing it get thrown back at them.

Treat them as they treat others.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 19:42:34 »

surely somebody's alter ego?

Sutton....... ?

How very dare you... I might be a bit grumpy sometimes. but i'd never waste anyone's time trolling people. Show's low morals and low intelligence in my book.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 19:44:35 »

Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 20:19:46 »

In more important matters;

Has anyone heard anything on Dunne's baby?

'Incessant Nonsense'

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 20:22:30 »

It's the poor blokes birthday today too.

Not nice to have obvious landmarks in such events (not that I'm fully aware of the situation)
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 20:24:15 »

It's the poor blokes birthday today too.

Not nice to have obvious landmarks in such events (not that I'm fully aware of the situation)

Thought his birthday was the other month, Rich?

'Incessant Nonsense'

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 20:30:15 »

Thought his birthday was the other month, Rich?

Yes. Quite.

Got done by a rare typo.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=DUNNEJAM

As you were...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 20:41:34 »

Still. I do hope all is ok for all concerned.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #248 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 13:30:18 »

Attendance was around 5865 with 280 ish from Carlisle.  I looked it up after the game.

Probably a bit too early to judge if Wellens will have much influence on todays game.

Carlisle are hard to beat 0-1 defeat in front of 5,894 with 154 wannabe jocks there.
Some fans said I was being too negative, looks like I wasn't negative enough! close with the crowd though Smiley

Just back from my weekend jaunt to Swindon to see the grand daughter again and taking in th egame...unfortunately.

As for the game....

First 35 mins we were by far the better side, Woolf and JMG linking up well down the right, Iandolo well off the pace, Dunne settled in midfield, we could have scored 3 or 4 with a decent striker in there.

Then Iandolo got caught well out of position for the first, then misses a sitter, he had an awful game and I still don't think hes good enough to play for the first team, hes had metric shit ton of chances now (40ish) and hardly ever impresses.

Bayo is not a centre forward, he cant win headers or control balls hoofed up to him, he only ever looks at home when wide left cutting inside. He has not looked like a player for the last 4 or 5 matches TBF.

I like Alzate but he can't seem to work well with Anderson in midfield, he has such talent and he can hit the ball well from 20 yards out but he rarely does, he need to grab the ball and when 25 yards out let fly with a shot, he has done it twice this season and the results have been a great goal but he rarely does it.

Anderson always runs around, dribbles well but his final ball, pass or shot is almost always well off mark, sometimes woefully so.

I know not many will agree but Vigs is not good enough, he could have got closer to all the goals, he keeps his place despite McCormick keepng 5 clean sheets in his 7 matches conceding 10 goals, Vigs has 1 clean sheet in his 13 games conceding 22. He does not command his area like McCormick does either.

Of all the defence the only players I would keep are Knoyle and Nelson, the rest are not up to it, Woolf shows bits of promise but looks lost at times, not know which position he should be in, he wasn't awful Saturday but he was not very good, Conroy was caught out of position several times and one of them cost us a goal when he was dispossessed when attacking.

First half there was promise, 2nd half was almost as bad a performance as Luton home last season, the players should be embarressed and apologise to the fans for that, we need to find a settled side who know the tactics and where they should be at all times, thats a basic requirement and something almost every player failed to do on Saturday.

And boy do we miss Toums and Doughty in midfield. Taylor started well but faded badly after the first half an hour, and our corners were shit.

Onwards and hopefully upwards.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 13:47:43 »

Following my comments on the game, I've been trying to figure out what you do to get a team out of our squad.

I agree with Venks, McCormick is the better keeper - he seems able to gather more than Vigs and the players appear to have more trust (Taylor put a ball out for a corner that Vigs was going to easily claim and then apologised which suggested he did get a call but didn't want to take the risk).

Knoyle is out best full back, play him.

Taylor is the least worse choice at left back, he doesn't fit much anywhere else.

Nelson is the best defender, then I'd probably add Woolfenden for now - we cannot play with three.

Our strength is central midfield, which means we probably have to play three of them.  I'd go with Dave in front of the back four and then Smith and Doughty (this requires them all to be fit of course, so place Dunne and McCourt in as needed, the latter concerns me but we need to keep the shape consistent).

Who plays wide?  Tought one, nobody is suited to it other than McGlashan who has no end product.  I'd probably stick Alzate out wide right and Adebayo left - until January.  I think you keep Alzate in January but he cover Doughty.  Adebayo has a few weeks to prove he has something, but Id be working on a wide left player.  Woollery probably covers either of these two for now.

Upfront is another tough one.  I'd probably go with Twine.  Nobody fits the bill for the role, but while he hasn't looked like the answer, he does have a knack of getting fouled.  Everyone else allows the ball to bounce off them as they want to be playing facing goal.  Twine at least seems to tempt the defender into contact, so even if he isn't a hold up player, he can earn us possession.

There are still some glaring square pegs in that.  Once into January, maybe you an change it around with new players, but for now we have to play to our strengths and minimise the weaknesses.

Anderson should be sold off, he doesn't fit any formation I can think of.
Richards can only play if we go with two up top and wide men, not our current strength.
McGlashan needs to be binned off as well, not up to it.
Based on current form, I'd send Adebayo back to Fulham and find some wide players in January
Taylor needs a replacement lined-up, but neither Romanski nor Iandolo are the answer
McCourt is probably the most at threat for any formation change - move to two in midfield and he never plays.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #250 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 13:50:30 »

Pretty much agree with all of that analysis Rob.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 14:26:10 »

Based on current form Dunne should start.
Probably in place of Dave, although the mini knees up mother brown routine every time he brings the ball under control is quite entertaining.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nathan

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 14:29:51 »

Some fans said I was being too negative, looks like I wasn't negative enough! close with the crowd though Smiley

Just back from my weekend jaunt to Swindon to see the grand daughter again and taking in th egame...unfortunately.

As for the game....

First 35 mins we were by far the better side, Woolf and JMG linking up well down the right, Iandolo well off the pace, Dunne settled in midfield, we could have scored 3 or 4 with a decent striker in there.

Then Iandolo got caught well out of position for the first, then misses a sitter, he had an awful game and I still don't think hes good enough to play for the first team, hes had metric shit ton of chances now (40ish) and hardly ever impresses.

Bayo is not a centre forward, he cant win headers or control balls hoofed up to him, he only ever looks at home when wide left cutting inside. He has not looked like a player for the last 4 or 5 matches TBF.

I like Alzate but he can't seem to work well with Anderson in midfield, he has such talent and he can hit the ball well from 20 yards out but he rarely does, he need to grab the ball and when 25 yards out let fly with a shot, he has done it twice this season and the results have been a great goal but he rarely does it.

Anderson always runs around, dribbles well but his final ball, pass or shot is almost always well off mark, sometimes woefully so.

I know not many will agree but Vigs is not good enough, he could have got closer to all the goals, he keeps his place despite McCormick keepng 5 clean sheets in his 7 matches conceding 10 goals, Vigs has 1 clean sheet in his 13 games conceding 22. He does not command his area like McCormick does either.

Of all the defence the only players I would keep are Knoyle and Nelson, the rest are not up to it, Woolf shows bits of promise but looks lost at times, not know which position he should be in, he wasn't awful Saturday but he was not very good, Conroy was caught out of position several times and one of them cost us a goal when he was dispossessed when attacking.

First half there was promise, 2nd half was almost as bad a performance as Luton home last season, the players should be embarressed and apologise to the fans for that, we need to find a settled side who know the tactics and where they should be at all times, thats a basic requirement and something almost every player failed to do on Saturday.

And boy do we miss Toums and Doughty in midfield. Taylor started well but faded badly after the first half an hour, and our corners were shit.

Onwards and hopefully upwards.

I agree with every word of this, so thanks for saving me the typing time.

I've not been on the forum for ages, but wondered what was being said after Saturday's shower. Grim times for sure...
Panda Paws

« Reply #253 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 14:57:19 »

So team for Vale? I can't believe the below is the best we can do right now. Terrifying.

Luke Mc
Knoyle  Woolf  Nelson  Taylor
           Smith   Dunne
  Alzate       Keshi     Bayo
                 Twine
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 15:06:20 »

This is tantamount to heresy on here PV....
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: