Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official Swindon Town v Carlisle United Matchday Thread  (Read 53596 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 10:42:00 »

At least it's not Wellens getting it wrong.... when Brown first appeared on the scene, I raised doubts about him due to calling Div 4, Div 2, repeatedly, because it made him sound like SRK.

Had today been Brown's game it would have been huge, as he owned the historic lack of winning a Div 4 home game record.

Now though, it's of less importance, insofar as Wellens will get a couple of games grace, to see if he can get us scoring a few goals, without sacrificing the not so bad defending.

A pools punter would probably stick this down as a draw.

What's your prediction Reg?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 10:53:28 »

No idea... too many imponderables. 
woolster

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 10:54:37 »

we will lose 1.2 and go on to be relegated on the last game of the season resulting in a huge crowd disturbance caused by all those naughty thugs that voted to leave the EU Pint
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 11:00:52 »

‘New manager bounce today’ 2-0 win.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 11:20:05 »

No idea... too many imponderables. 

the same as all of us. no one obviously knows but if you had to choose. win, lose, draw?
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 11:45:02 »

1-0 Town
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 11:47:13 »

Is this on Ifollow today for UK folks?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 11:51:00 »

the same as all of us. no one obviously knows but if you had to choose. win, lose, draw?

You never know... but you can get a feel for things based on circumstances, which is why for this game I've no idea.  Firstly we don't know the injury situation.... last Sat we were without at least 5, who a gaffer may wish to pick.  Some on here are implying these are tactical injuries..... lads who don't fancy it.  Personally I have my doubts, but this is STFC so could be possible.  Secondly, how will the players react to Wellens and Hunt coming in.... Matty Taylor obviously has a key role to play in this... was he considered for the job?  Did he want the job?

Wellens is already saying, after sitting down with Hunt, who remember is Power's boy, and Matty, that he needs an experienced head in to help. Good luck with that Rich.... perhaps you should have said no to Hunt.  Possibly, though he's trying to force Power's hand into his pocket.

Thirdly, how will the Sheridan/Wellens good buddy/mentor relationship impact on the game....they'll obviously know each others way of approaching the game?

Fourthly... will all of this change fuck with heads of the players.... I wouldn't have this season's struggles down to lack of effort, but rather lack of ability..... but I could be wrong, maybe Wellens will have a magic wand, and Keshi will suddenly go on a scoring run, Jermaine, after getting in the right positions, will stop miskicking then falling over. Perhaps Kyle will get an assist and Martin Smith go to the top of pass completion stats.

And speaking of squad head fucks... I'm assuming that LMc will be back in today.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 12:00:13 »

Did Vigs even get a call-up this time?  This would suggest he didn't:

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/chile/chile/424/
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 12:00:43 »

You never know... but you can get a feel for things based on circumstances, which is why for this game I've no idea.  Firstly we don't know the injury situation.... last Sat we were without at least 5, who a gaffer may wish to pick.  Some on here are implying these are tactical injuries..... lads who don't fancy it.  Personally I have my doubts, but this is STFC so could be possible.  Secondly, how will the players react to Wellens and Hunt coming in.... Matty Taylor obviously has a key role to play in this... was he considered for the job?  Did he want the job?

Wellens is already saying, after sitting down with Hunt, who remember is Power's boy, and Matty, that he needs an experienced head in to help. Good luck with that Rich.... perhaps you should have said no to Hunt.  Possibly, though he's trying to force Power's hand into his pocket.

Thirdly, how will the Sheridan/Wellens good buddy/mentor relationship impact on the game....they'll obviously know each others way of approaching the game?

Fourthly... will all of this change fuck with heads of the players.... I wouldn't have this season's struggles down to lack of effort, but rather lack of ability..... but I could be wrong, maybe Wellens will have a magic wand, and Keshi will suddenly go on a scoring run, Jermaine, after getting in the right positions, will stop miskicking then falling over. Perhaps Kyle will get an assist and Martin Smith go to the top of pass completion stats.

And speaking of squad head fucks... I'm assuming that LMc will be back in today.
Just have a fucking guess Reg.

I'm going with 2-0 to us.

There you go...easy...  Cool Wink
normy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 12:13:37 »

Win 2-1

ust be the oldest
Sir red ken

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 12:21:26 »

1-1 can't see how bellends can change our goal drought. Own goal for the towns finish.
I listened to the managers interview on wilts radio, he said his time at Oldham was blighted by loan players returning to their club with only youths to replace them. He may get a deja vu in January.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 12:34:15 »

1-1 can't see how Wellens can change our goal drought. Own goal for the towns finish.
I listened to the managers interview on wilts radio, he said his time at Oldham was blighted by loan players returning to their club with only youths to replace them. He may get a deja vu in January.

for the last few home league games it seems like we haven't scored first and found no way to get through resorting to desperate passing and shooting.

if we can get that early goal and settle down quick it will make all the difference hence why I went for the 2-0.

be a lovely feeling to hold out a lead with no drama!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 12:40:57 »

for the last few home league games it seems like we haven't scored first and found no way to get through resorting to desperate passing and shooting.

if we can get that early goal and settle down quick it will make all the difference hence why I went for the 2-0.

be a lovely feeling to hold out a lead with no drama!

We haven't got the opener in any league game at the CG this season.... hence the historic lack of win record for Div 4.  Had Brown still been with us, then he'd have needed to turn that around starting today. Wellens will get a couple of games to sort this, but if the trend continues then we're in all sorts of trouble... you don't win too many games from behind.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 13:19:18 »

We haven't got the opener in any league game at the CG this season.... hence the historic lack of win record for Div 4.  Had Brown still been with us, then he'd have needed to turn that around starting today. Wellens will get a couple of games to sort this, but if the trend continues then we're in all sorts of trouble... you don't win too many games from behind.

thought as much from the games id been to, didnt know it was the whole season.

too many imponderables to see whether we would have been in all sorts of trouble though  Cool you can't just double the first half results and say its going to happen in the 2nd half.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: