Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 60331 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:21:08 »

The writing was on the wall with Jones last week, when he let Baldwin wind him up' he was lucky to stay on then. Hopefully he learns from it, otherwise he wont make it. Teams will target him now. Time to grow up fast.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:23:52 »

Also we have the worst full backs in the league
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:33:02 »

Why can't BOO beat his man... I was going to say down the outside but I think I'll just leave it at that. At least Brophy is more direct.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:38:16 »

On the bright side we've played 3 of our major jinx sides away already. On the minus side we only got 2 out of 9 points from them
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:41:50 »

Right, I'm coming out of retirement and will be attending the return fixture  Too Cool
JoeMezz

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:46:25 »

Why can't BOO beat his man... I was going to say down the outside but I think I'll just leave it at that. At least Brophy is more direct.

Don't get me started on BOO.. awful defensively and awful going forward. Amount of potential attacks we had suppressed due to his inability..
Flashheart

« Reply #201 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 22:28:15 »

FH - You might take a dlifferent view if you saw more of their performances.

Really?

I made a 'negative' observation from the Rovers a couple of games ago and got a reaction that suggested that the complete opposite was true. The general mood after the Posh game was also positive with some disappointed that we didn't take all 3 points.  

I'm not digging at you Fraser. Just making an observation on how the mood can change in regard to the season as whole so dramatically on the back of a single game. Beat Bury and we'll be all good for a playoff challenge again, but relegation certs if we don't.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 22:45:37 »

I started with low expectations, Swindon, and you fulfilled them.  On the plus side, these defeats don't hurt like they used to.  Moved on already.  Who's next?

This surely must be an age thing. In my twenties and some of my thirties this would have not only ruined my day, but also my week and month.

Today I was pissed off until about 6, sunk a few  beer and now I'm not even angry.

Age, or use to losing to the scum in recent year. Not sure which.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 23:58:37 »

Defeats are worse if you are there I find, at least until you get to the first pub, then it's fine. Not going disappointment lasts about a minute nowadays, and as you say only lasts until the next beer is cracked.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, September 11, 2016, 00:47:20 »

Also we have the worst full backs in the league
Need to get JSW or even Branco at CB asap so Furlong can move to RWB. Brophy every time at LWB ahead of BOO as well. Brophy isn't great defensively but at least he doesn't trip over himself or lose the ball every time he gets in advanced positions like BOO did today.

Feared the worst when I saw Barry, Rodgers and BOO in the starting line up. Sadly not good enough to be starting.

Least the next two league games are at home. Chance for the boys to bring some feel good factor back.

Oh and Oxford away is about as intimidating as a 3 year old with a plastic gun.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, September 11, 2016, 03:36:18 »

Aaahh,bless'em and their little flags.

We move on ...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, September 11, 2016, 05:58:59 »

No need for hysteria really. We didn't play well, Oxford were no better but got the rub of the green. Penalty decision is up there with the worst I've seen. Second goal, haven't seen it back but I'm pretty sure 9 times out of 10 that flies anywhere but the net.

Jones was stupid, as was Vigs but I won't be as harsh on him as I probably would have reacted the same way. It was an awful challenge, and malicious so why wasn't their lad sent off? Wouldn't have made a difference I guess and big chance for Henry.

Brophy should be first choice at LWB, I've seen BOO at Gillingham and Oxford and he was terrible both games. We offered little going forward until Kasim and Obika came on but I guess it was another 'one of those days' at the triangle. Oxford get more and more tinpot every time we play them....

19 in a row x
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, September 11, 2016, 07:31:46 »

I'm not digging at you Fraser. Just making an observation on how the mood can change in regard to the season as whole so dramatically on the back of a single game.

It's OK.  I didn't think you were.   Smiley

My earlier post in response to Reg's was based more on what I've seen week in week out and my assessment of what lessons appear to be being learned.  I'm not one of those who changes his view on the basis of one result.  I've been watching the Town for too many years to do that.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #208 on: Sunday, September 11, 2016, 08:54:20 »

No need for hysteria really. We didn't play well, Oxford were no better but got the rub of the green. Penalty decision is up there with the worst I've seen. Second goal, haven't seen it back but I'm pretty sure 9 times out of 10 that flies anywhere but the net.

Jones was stupid, as was Vigs but I won't be as harsh on him as I probably would have reacted the same way. It was an awful challenge, and malicious so why wasn't their lad sent off? Wouldn't have made a difference I guess and big chance for Henry.

Brophy should be first choice at LWB, I've seen BOO at Gillingham and Oxford and he was terrible both games. We offered little going forward until Kasim and Obika came on but I guess it was another 'one of those days' at the triangle. Oxford get more and more tinpot every time we play them....

19 in a row x
Pretty much exactly as I saw/see it too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, September 11, 2016, 09:03:13 »

I'm over it. We created a few clear chances, they scored a bs penalty and a fluke deflection. Other than that Vigs made one, perhaps 2 properly meaningful saves, anything else was straight at him or off target.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: