Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 60331 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #180 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 19:48:28 »

I do care more about Oxford than other fixtures, and I was feeling pissed off briefly. But then there was the sending off, and a sense of inevitability came over me. When Vigs got sent off I just laughed.

I guess it's different when you're not there - for me at least. I'll probably be livid in February when the same thing happens at the County. But I do feel a bit meh because it was so predictable.

There's also the fact that how we perform against them doesn't define our season at all. There's every chance we could finish above them, so looking forward to the next game seems sensible really.

I'm a bit more 'meh' than I was expecting to be.

I think that I've spent so much time arguing with petulant, fickle people about football results that I have convinced myself that it is just 3 points and makes little bearing to the bigger picture..... which also just happens to be true.

I'm not denying that I'd still be giddy if we won though.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 19:58:30 »

I'm pissed off, mainly coz i work with an Oxford fan in my team and if he starts bragging I will probably end Tasering him.

It's not a season defining game and if we have a good season then this game won't mean a thing in the long run
Flashheart

« Reply #182 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 20:02:28 »

I'd probably be more pissed off myself if I had to actually talk to any Oxford fans in the near future.

Taser him regardless. Just for shits and giggles if nothing else.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 20:09:23 »

I thought it was quite a poor game really, powder puff from Rodgers and BOO as per and neither side wanted to keep hold of the ball.
Atrocious peno decision drastically changes things and we don't to truly threaten until Yas and Beeks come on.
Frustrating.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 20:10:47 »

What does powder puff mean?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 20:15:09 »

Taser him regardless. Just for shits and giggles if nothing else.
It would be extremely satisfying!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 20:15:32 »

What does powder puff mean?
A pair of sissys.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 20:38:17 »

I started with low expectations, Swindon, and you fulfilled them.  On the plus side, these defeats don't hurt like they used to.  Moved on already.  Who's next?

Bury at home is now a big game....they seem to have shelled out some money, and acquired some useful looking players, which has meant a good start.

Of help, might be the fact that James Vaughan got sent off today so will be missing.....we need to get back on track.
since 75

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 20:55:20 »

Just seen the highlights & that's a shocker on Vigs. If he'd have stayed down probably the Oxford twat would have seen red. Still can't justify his reaction though.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 20:56:23 »

True, Reg, but don't get your hopes up too much. I saw nothing in today's performance to make me think that they're going to turn things round anytime soon.  Hearing the coach's post match comments, though, gives me a small amount of hope that he is at least starting to realise that something needs to change.  I'm not holding my breath, though

Flashheart

« Reply #190 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:04:24 »

"Turn things around"?

I wasn't even aware that things needed 'turning around' at all.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:12:22 »

Just seen the highlights & that's a shocker on Vigs. If he'd have stayed down probably the Oxford twat would have seen red. Still can't justify his reaction though.
I was about to post the same, not surprised Vigs reacted to that - very nasty challenge.

The highlights made us look dreadful so they seemed accurate
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:13:08 »

Whatever you think about PDC we collapsed in both those games and stormed to the title. Obviously that won't happen this season, but if you think losing to Oxford is indicative of the season then it's worth looking at.

The result is not indicative of our season. It's one game. Admittedly against a bunch of wankers, but one game none the less.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:14:47 »

FH - You might take a dlifferent view if you saw more of their performances.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:17:50 »

That performance today was carbon copy of previous performances versus them. They out battled us all over the park, chased and harried a lot more than us and predictably gave us little time on the ball. Our persistent passing game is going to work against teams who give us respect, but will not work when teams are in our face ala them and Gillingham.

Also very disappointed with our lack of discipline, Jones was stupid to get booked for mouthing off then equally stupid to go in rash and receive another yellow whilst on the booking.
Vigs was maybe more understandable as it was a horrendous challenge, but the game is gone and you don't react and you save yourself a 3 game ban. Disappointing...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: