Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 60331 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:53:42 »

not seen anything in obika to suggest he's more than a 10-15 goal a season man. I really like him as a striker, I don't mean that in a bad way.

so you have to bring in other players to replace ajose, and with our budget that's always going to be a bigger gamble. just the way it is

it's also too early to start writing off our strikers. playing one up and one off doesn't help either

We know Obika can score goals, so no reason why he shouldn't score more. Andy Williams had never been a 20 goal striker until 2 seasons ago with us.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 17:01:04 »

Disappointed, but not surprised. This scoreline is becoming all too familiar when we play them. Feel for the fans who went and have come away again with us looking stupid.

Didn't see or listen to the game, so can't comment on the performance.  I'm sure I'll hear how superb Oxford were shortly though, as I'm out in Oxford for my friend's 40th.  Can't wait!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 17:18:19 »

I dont have a problem with getting beat, its the manner in the way we do it that bothers me, as for finishing above them  Hmmm

And that's a legitimate gripe, but for many this is simply another stick to beat a dead horse with (as I think has been made clear in this forum alone). I was more referencing the fact BBC Wiltshire (sensibly) pointed out how any texts and messages they got today compared to a 'boring' win. As far as finishing above them is concerned I was merely pointing to precedent.

There's 'no atmosphere' at our home games because people are too busy grumbling about us playing tippy tappy football to bother creating any.

We're 3 points off the play-offs, with a game in hand, despite having hard a fairly tough start in terms of opponents.

If thinking that is a pretty decent start makes one a sycophant, then I'm guilty as charged your honour.

We've had one of the better starts to a season for a while and I feel confident enough to not completely disregard that we might have a decent shot of making the playoffs. I'm with you on the sycophant boat (if that's what we're calling it). Doughty's a cracking player and we need one or two consistently good performers like him just to pull the team up to that level. I think Delfoeounso has the ability to be one of those once he's poked something into the back of the net.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 17:19:04 »

Ok. Moving on and looking forward to Saturday.

They are a bogey team so just have to roll with it until the luck eventually changes.

The wing backs need to start contributing soon, otherwise it's pointless playing the current system.
Nothing went right for BOO, and don't recall much from Barry other than one crap cross.

That's it.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 17:22:54 »

Lost midfield and Rodgers can't tackle or chase.
Not just singling him out but Kasim did more when he came on but all too late.
Hate losing at that shit hole of a stadium.
Missed two decent chances.....can't be bothered to talk about it.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 17:33:40 »

I think Delfoeounso has the ability to be one of those once he's poked something into the back of the net.
I think the same about Norris, he does look handy at times

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 17:37:06 »

We've had one of the better starts to a season for a while

Aren't we 3 points worse off than last season? I don't count 8 points from 6 games as a good start

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 18:12:00 »

Gutless.....AGAIN!

How many more fucking times?!

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #158 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 18:13:58 »

We've had one of the better starts to a season for a while and I feel confident enough to not completely disregard that we might have a decent shot of making the playoffs.

Unfortunately its not our best for a while. 8 points from 6 games is about the norm and worse than the last 2 seasons.

2011-12 6 from 6
2012-13 8 from 6
2013-14 8 from 6
2014-15 11 from 6
2015-16 11 from 6

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 18:16:20 »

spot on.

Sign of madness agreeing with yourself..
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 18:30:53 »

Isn't it the stuff on cakes?!

Oh.

I thought he might have meant the first man in Wales, Dai Sapien

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 18:35:27 »

Disappointed yes.
Surprised no.
As long as there was a decent flag display . . that's what counts.  
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 18:36:20 »

Not read the rest of thread since posting this morning. I thought we did ok up until the penalty, after that we just crumbled. I say crumbled I mean full on meltdown.

I'm not even angry just disappointed, now do they seem to be up for it?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 18:52:18 »

I started with low expectations, Swindon, and you fulfilled them.  On the plus side, these defeats don't hurt like they used to.  Moved on already.  Who's next?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 18:54:51 »

Chelsea under 23s I think Ardiles.

Same for me. Oxford are the same as any other side in this division. Feel the same as when we lost to Chesterfield personally.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: