Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 60330 times)
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 15:56:25 »

uninspired game,
uninspired match.
uninspired hopeless manager.
even Radio Wiltshire said we should be more direct.
Their first goal was down to our TOTAL FOOTBALL (Well that's a laugh)
Interested to hear the excuses.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 15:56:35 »

Vigs and Jones just wanted to be part of the B team boycott
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:01:13 »

We're not used to playing in a three sided stadium...
  We're not used to playing in front of fans that create atmosphere. How can anyone get excited about watching us?
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:01:17 »

Main reason I did not go today. Players never ever perform for this game. Total laughing stock
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:03:37 »

Actually quite impressed with the FB link, not the quality so much but found the lads filming quite entertaining.

Thought Pox wanted it more, they had the measure of us & our one dimension style of football.  Closed us down & gave us no space.  We did have our chances though & with a natural goalscorer might have snatched something.  What concerns me is the lack of movement in the final third, we constantly lose the ball around our opponents box due to having no options.

Thought Williams set up wrong today & the ref was shocking
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:05:28 »

I've kept away from the score until now. I cant believe we've had 2 sent off, well actually I can, the Oxford manager called it. The wankers.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:08:30 »

Well that went well. Hopefully the lad with the smoke bomb problem on the Oxford forum has put a few of his deep seated issues to rest.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:09:43 »

We lost a game. Note how all the 'supporters' appear out of the woodwork when we lose a derby game but can't be arsed to praise the team when they do well.

I'm annoyed about the result and it sounds like we played a bit shit but to call for williams' head as someone is likely to is ridiculous. Yet again inconsistent refereeing played it's part by the sounds of things. Some things you just can't blame the squad for.

We'll finish higher than them at the end of the season. We always do.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:09:43 »

Will Henry will be elated to get a run out vs. Chelsea U23.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:11:21 »

Williams:

Didn't cope with pressure of the game.

Oxford were much physically stronger than us.

We needed to dominate the ball...and didn't.

Clearly not a penalty when you freeze frame it. Difficult.

Performance the problem, not individual mistakes.

Terrible tackle on Lawrence and he reacts in a way that is not acceptable.

Lloyd is possibly unlucky to get second yellow. Don't think tackle was reckless.

We looked compact up until penalty. When we tried to chase game we were exposed at the back.

Fine lines; if we get to half time 0-0 with firepower on the bench with players not fit to play 90 mins.

So hurt at the moment. The performance has made me very upset. Feeling of being beaten here is gut wrenching.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:13:46 »

Main reason I did not go today. Players never ever perform for this game. Total laughing stock

As I pointed out earlier, we had 6 defeats in 24 league games at The Manor, and 1 defeat in 3 cup games. Since the move to the Kassam it's become a problem.

Today was pretty predictable....a lot of people flagged up the discipline issue, and we basically fell into the trap.  The gifting of pens and inept defending conceding soft goals, was a feature of last season, think it was 10 pens conceded, this year we're already on 2.

This stage last season we had 11 from 6 games, so we're 3 points worse off.....that's not a major concern at this juncture, but of greater concern is that no striker has yet scored a goal.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:20:30 »

This is how feel williams ,fuck off and take power with you.
woolster

« Reply #132 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:21:58 »

We lost a game. Note how all the 'supporters' appear out of the woodwork when we lose a derby game but can't be arsed to praise the team when they do well.

I'm annoyed about the result and it sounds like we played a bit shit but to call for williams' head as someone is likely to is ridiculous. Yet again inconsistent refereeing played it's part by the sounds of things. Some things you just can't blame the squad for.

We'll finish higher than them at the end of the season. We always do.
I dont have a problem with getting beat, its the manner in the way we do it that bothers me, as for finishing above them  Hmmm
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:22:15 »

From the dodgy but very welcome facebook feed Thompson's foul for first looked well outside box. But it was a poor challenge in or outside the box, and we looked to offer very little either before after the penalty. Boo looked half decent when he came on last week - going forward at least - but today he looked a complete liability. Looked very lightweight, never beat his man and woeful back pass for the 2nd. Difficult to see what went on with Vigs sending off at end but sounded like he reacted after a bad challenge on him. Was the Pox player booked?
Lack of real goal threat becoming a bit of a worry. Still no goals from forwards in 6 League games. Goddard had good chance to make it 1-1 think he and rest of them need goal sooner rather than later.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 16:22:16 »

we've not addressed the elephant in the room, or rather the Donkey..

threadstarter. failure.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: