Pages: 1 ... 1215 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 1221 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4562745 times)
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #18255 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 08:54:05 »

What...how is that possible? Not even one of those mini box variety pack things ?
Man, cocoa-pops (if they're still called that) would blow your mind. They even turn the milk chocolatey.

This Dr. Have you a) seen their credentials and b) can he/she prescribe me pizza?

you would love Meeting my dietitian, basically I've lost weight every week since July, about 45kg with the cancer and chemo etc, so they tell you to get calories in anyway. I.e if you have a soft drink they have a go if it's diet, put sugar on everything, add grated cheese to every meal. I finally put some weight on this week - however weird that sounds it's a big step

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18256 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 10:00:47 »

you would love Meeting my dietitian, basically I've lost weight every week since July, about 45kg with the cancer and chemo etc, so they tell you to get calories in anyway. I.e if you have a soft drink they have a go if it's diet, put sugar on everything, add grated cheese to every meal. I finally put some weight on this week - however weird that sounds it's a big step
All the best with your battle mate, I have cancer and have put weight on, but I haven't had any chemo at all just surgery to cure mine, 6 ops down, 6 more to go.

I would take a 45 pound loss Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #18257 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 11:35:21 »

The original chemo I had did nothing over two months, apart from make me loose feeling in two of my fingers and be sick. I've moved onto a mix of chemo and immunotherapy now which seems to be having some effect and the side effects are much less. Fingers crossed it continues. Amazing effect on the surgeries' must be difficult - best of luck with the next half

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #18258 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 11:40:39 »

The original chemo I had did nothing over two months, apart from make me loose feeling in two of my fingers and be sick. I've moved onto a mix of chemo and immunotherapy now which seems to be having some effect and the side effects are much less. Fingers crossed it continues. Amazing effect on the surgeries' must be difficult - best of luck with the next half
Thanks, it wears me out a bit but it could be a lot lot lot worse so you grin and bear it.

All the best with your treatment and I hope you continue to improve and get back to normal very soon Smiley

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #18259 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 17:24:54 »

I've had similar advice due to being so underweight, though thankfully not through cancer. It seems horribly unfair that there are so many people around me trying to lose weight who love food and me being forced to put weight on when I basically hate eating.

I hope things continue to improve for you both x

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Peter Venkman

« Reply #18260 on: Friday, November 18, 2016, 07:34:31 »

I've had similar advice due to being so underweight, though thankfully not through cancer. It seems horribly unfair that there are so many people around me trying to lose weight who love food and me being forced to put weight on when I basically hate eating.

I hope things continue to improve for you both x
Thanks Ells Smiley

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18261 on: Friday, November 18, 2016, 09:07:14 »

Good luck to all with their various battles. There is a BBC focus on cancer at the moment. It affects so many people, and they are all, to a person brave as fuck.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #18262 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 13:08:41 »

Ooh, new #mattressgate

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14919712.Fury_over_stinking_rubbish_fly_tipped_in_alley/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18263 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 13:11:16 »

Pah, it'll never beat the original

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/8683196.I___m_trapped_in_my_own_home_/?ref=mr

look, just look, she could trip and really softly hit her knee. And she is TRAPPED in her OWN HOME.

Where's the peril in the mk2 story.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18264 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 13:14:23 »

Doesn't compare, no one is trapped!

The nameless 32 year old (I know papers insist on giving peoples ages but they normally also give them a name) has some wonderfully contrary stuff to say, the highlight being it no longer a residential area, yet all their friends and family live round there - Eh?  Hmmm
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #18265 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 13:17:38 »

Pah, it'll never beat the original

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/8683196.I___m_trapped_in_my_own_home_/?ref=mr

look, just look, she could trip and really softly hit her knee. And she is TRAPPED in her OWN HOME.

Where's the peril in the mk2 story.

Marjory wasn't really trapped in her own home, unless she actually lived in the alley and then she could have slept on said mattress?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18266 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 13:18:09 »

Doesn't compare, no one is trapped!

The nameless 32 year old (I know papers insist on giving peoples ages but they normally also give them a name) has some wonderfully contrary stuff to say, the highlight being it no longer a residential area, yet all their friends and family live round there - Eh?  Hmmm

There are loads of residential only streets in that area
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #18267 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 13:25:52 »

There are loads of residential only streets in that area

Not according to nameless (32).
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #18268 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 14:43:32 »

Buckingham Palace getting a refit and yes i did mean it for this thread.

Love the outrage this is causing  Smiley
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #18269 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 15:00:01 »

Buckingham Palace getting a refit and yes i did mean it for this thread.

Love the outrage this is causing  Smiley

Not being helped by the total inability of the media to report it remotely accurately!
Pages: 1 ... 1215 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 1221 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: