Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 1192 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5110023 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #17820 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:49:38 »

Moving on slightly, I don't think a day goes by where I don't see some dumb cunt rack up a massive phone bill abroad and then go to the paper because their provider charged them what they said they would in a text that would have been receive upon entry to the country. You fucked up, deal with it.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17821 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:07:28 »

So many 80's classics being murdered on TV tonight.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #17822 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:40:11 »

Picked up a blue packet of crisps thinking they were salt and vinegar, turned out they were cheese and onion.

Why do some crisp makers have blue for cheese and onion and green for salt and vinegar but others are vice versa.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #17823 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:44:49 »

Picked up a blue packet of crisps thinking they were salt and vinegar, turned out they were cheese and onion.

Why do some crisp makers have blue for cheese and onion and green for salt and vinegar but others are vice versa.

To fuck off you in particular.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #17824 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:03:07 »

La diner multipack from Farm foods ?
Flashheart

« Reply #17825 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:13:42 »

To fuck off you in particular.

He's right though....

Blue = Salt and Vinegar.
Green = Cheese and onion
Pink = Prawn Cocktail

And company that deviates should be closed down and severely punished, the cunts.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #17826 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:26:33 »

This is something I do understand but it is annoying me. It isn't trivial for the people involved but I'm not one of them so here goes.

Can every fucker that is reacting to the Ched Evans business with the phrase "he's done his time he has the right to get on with his life and play again" fucking grow a pair and be honest with the rest of us and yourself about what you actually think.

Because you can only use the "he's done his time" argument if you can honestly say that you'd feel the same way if his victim had been 15, or 12, or 9. Or if him and a group of mates had pulled a car up alongside a girl on the street, abducted her with a bag over her head and raped her on the floor of a lock up garage somewhere. If you'd still have the fucker at your club after he came out of nick for all those then fair play, you're the model of christian forgiveness. If not then what you mean is "I don't think what he did was that serious" or "It's not like real rape is it".

Obviously I can understand why people might be reluctant to actually say that out loud in public but it's what they mean, and if they're not prepared to be honest, then shut the fuck up.

..never go back.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #17827 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:27:45 »

He's right though....

Blue = Salt and Vinegar.
Green = Cheese and onion
Pink = Prawn Cocktail

And company that deviates should be closed down and severely punished, the cunts.

FUCK OFF! You just shut down Walkers FFS!

..never go back.
Flashheart

« Reply #17828 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:31:46 »

FUCK OFF! You just shut down Walkers FFS!

Fine by me, I can't get walkers out here.  Cheesy
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17829 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:33:53 »

Weird view on Evans Lumps. He's clearly a total cunt (It's particularly difficult to understand how's he's got out early despite showing no remorse) but believing that once time is served it's served is not endorsing the crime is it, that argument applies to Jon Venables and nobody thinks what he did is in any way 'not really murder'
Flashheart

« Reply #17830 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:42:42 »

I defended Ranger whom was a cunt (but not a rapey cunt).
I never defended Lee Hughes, whom was clearly a reprehensible cunt.
I had some sympathy for Luke McCormick whom, in my opinion, appeared to be a person that made a stupid mistake.

As for Ched Evans..... I just don't know where I stand. There's too many variables.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17831 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:48:47 »

I defended Ranger whom was a cunt (but not a rapey cunt).
I never defended Lee Hughes, whom was clearly a reprehensible cunt.
I had some sympathy for Luke McCormick whom, in my opinion, appeared to be a person that made a stupid mistake.

As for Ched Evans..... I just don't know where I stand. There's too many variables.

They all 'did their time though

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #17832 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:55:28 »

Weird view on Evans Lumps. He's clearly a total cunt (It's particularly difficult to understand how's he's got out early despite showing no remorse) but believing that once time is served it's served is not endorsing the crime is it, that argument applies to Jon Venables and nobody thinks what he did is in any way 'not really murder'

But people don't apply the "done his time" rule universally. For most of us; shop lifting probably yes; abducting, raping a murdering a 6 year old child, generally not.

The question is where you draw the line in-between. What offence do you think places someone beyond the pale? For me rape pretty much writes you off. I don't want to know you, drink with you or have you play for my football club. Even (and I hate this phrase) if it is "date rape" it's still having sex with someone who doesn't want to have sex with you.

Other people clearly draw the line elsewhere. I'd just like them to be honest about it.

..never go back.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17833 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 22:04:24 »

So would you back life imprisonment or even death for all of those crimes? I don't see how you can practically release someone and then make them a pariah forever, particularly if they're remorseful which I accept Evans isn't. But McCormick, as terrible as the result of his actions was, is clearly haunted by them and knows he made a terrible mistake - albeit one that many people will make without the horrendous ending.

It's a really difficult topic, and the level of discourse from the red tops on it is helpful to nobody, but I just don't see how we can say that he's ready to be released but he can't be a footballer. I wouldn't want us to sign him, and I sure as fuck wouldn't want anyone singing his name or getting it on a shirt (which I note that some absolute iq bandits have already done) but I don't buy this football is special thing.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #17834 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 23:31:37 »

So would you back life imprisonment or even death for all of those crimes? I don't see how you can practically release someone and then make them a pariah forever, particularly if they're remorseful which I accept Evans isn't. But McCormick, as terrible as the result of his actions was, is clearly haunted by them and knows he made a terrible mistake - albeit one that many people will make without the horrendous ending.

It's a really difficult topic, and the level of discourse from the red tops on it is helpful to nobody, but I just don't see how we can say that he's ready to be released but he can't be a footballer. I wouldn't want us to sign him, and I sure as fuck wouldn't want anyone singing his name or getting it on a shirt (which I note that some absolute iq bandits have already done) but I don't buy this football is special thing.

I haven't said he's ready for release. I think the sentences for rape are shocking. And I think you can say someone can live in society without finding it acceptable for them to be in a prominent public position. You won't find any convicted rapists on TV, on the radio or in the House of Commons. No one really buys or plays Gary Glitter records any more, and I'm guessing Lost Prophets downloads and PRS income has dropped off a bit as well.

My point though was about the slightly dishonest use of the "he's done his time" argument which your still using. You say you feel that you can't "release someone and then make them a pariah forever" but actually you mean specifically for this offence which you don't see as serious enough to make someone "a pariah for ever". I think you'd want to do exactly that if he'd raped a murdered a couple of kids, even if he had "done his time" and no matter how remorseful he was.

I feel a bit more strongly about it.

Dissatisfaction with sentencing policy aside, I do feel this bloke is now free to live his life, I don't feel there should be any legal restrictions on his playing football, even professionally, I just hope that no club has the bad taste to employ him, particularly whilst he continues to maintain that he's entirely innocent.

..never go back.
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 1192 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: