Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Torquay United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26449 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 07:20:55 »

We desperately need a striker and centre half for cover

Bart, you fucking tool!
Highland Robin

« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 07:21:15 »

Ah...thanks Barry.  That's helpful,
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 07:27:41 »

Real shame that Ritchie didn't score.  I bet the Adver had  "Matt finish provides gloss for Town" lined up as a headline

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 07:41:08 »

Overall a decent enough game although if Torquay could finish then it may have been a different game as they had a few decent chances that they just wasted, the formation for me was a 4-5-1 turning into 4-3-3 on the attack, we had some good touches, but Vince seems to get knocked of the ball so easily for such a big bloke it is frustrating and he couldn't hold the ball up either last night everytime he got it he had to release it regardless of the space he had, the concern was Big Kev & Mcgovern as both seem to be out of form and not having the best of games at present, luckily that Cuthbert has only got concusion so should be back for Monday's game.

A win's a win and we are now into the area Quarter finals I beleive ?
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 07:54:32 »

I have to agree with the Adver and say that in my opinion that was Pericards best game for us so far. I said this before his goal as well. When ever the ball was playing long upto him he managed to keep hold of it before looking for a teammate. I cant remember many occassions where he was knocked off of the ball. I think alot of us fans need to realise that he's a very different striker to what we are used to watching at the county ground but is equally as good as most strikers we've had but just with different qualities.

Nathan Thompson looked a real rock at the back and I would be happy for him to push on in the next couple of months for a first team spot. Ritchie was a lot better than i remember from last season and gives us good width on the left.

Quarter final draw this saturday and hopefully another home tie
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 08:08:20 »

Nice run out.

Torquay play good football but didnt penetrate enough (like us this season) and also could not bury their chances (like us this season).

Thompson was brilliant and gave the ball away only once..(i was counting).....pleased with that and amazed that over 3000 turned up.

Clems Army!
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 08:13:09 »

I'm very surprised that there is any criticism of Vince's performance last night, thought he held it up really well and there were some excellent lay offs with chest and head, not to mention scoring one and setting up the other with a classy back heel! Decent nights work I thought.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 08:18:31 »

I'm very surprised that there is any criticism of Vince's performance last night, thought he held it up really well and there were some excellent lay offs with chest and head, not to mention scoring one and setting up the other with a classy back heel! Decent nights work I thought.

Totally agree with this. Keep up the good work Vince  Grin
Panda Paws

« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 08:19:01 »

He seems to be splitting people on last night.

I thought he was distinctly average. Very slow, poor work rate at times and for a massive powerful lad his hold up play is poor and he doesn't win much in the air. Also, although Ritchie's delivery was hit and miss, when he did put quality into the box, Pericard was invariably no where to be seen. That said, he showed a couple of nice flicks and scored.

I really liked the shape. Looked 4-2-3-1 to me, and when the one up top is Austin, and Ritchie continues to supply from the left it could really work. JPM was the only concern, and can see Prutton playing there when back.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 08:27:47 »

My MOTM was Ritchie, definately added something to the team, Thompson looked very good when he came on,. Thought Amankwaah was a bit of a liability. Pericard is clumsy and trips over his own feet but he did hold the ball up well.

Oh and I guessed the attendance spot on! Cheesy
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 08:33:13 »

I'm certainly not the superstitious type, but feel free to blame me for the two recent defeats (Janners and Daggers) as I wasn't wearing my lucky red boxer shorts. Normal service was resumed last night, hence the positive result.....

Therefore can someone please remind me to wear red boxer shorts every match day. Thanks in advance.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 08:40:42 »

Did anyone else notice that our fixture didnt appear on the BBC mobile website last night?

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 08:44:49 »

Pericard is clumsy and trips over his own feet but he did hold the ball up well.
He did also score one goal and create the other. Which might be worth taking into the balance of consideration
Barry Scott

« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 08:52:55 »

He did also score one goal and create the other. Which might be worth taking into the balance of consideration

I'm not alone. Smiley

I just selectively read and believe what it is that agrees with my opinion. The rest is obviously wrong.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 09:16:18 »

Pericard was awesome last night. Anyone who says otherwise is a fucking idiot. Also Ritchie looked real quality, the ball he put through to Ferry when he hit the post was magical.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: