Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why do ...........................  (Read 6970 times)
ScillyRed

« on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 10:59:44 »

People go on holiday in football apparel ?

I had a middle aged couple at the humble craft fair yesterday in matching 'his and hers' Reading FC anoraks. I politely asked them if they were wearing them for a bet and how had they got through our island quality control procedures ? On finding who I supported, he said he wondered why I had grazed knuckles (the significance of this went well over my head at the time) especially as I didn't ! It turned out they used to go when at Elm Park so we accepted we both had a problem but they were deluded ! Funnily enough they did not buy anything  Doh

Do you & why - discuss  Wink
Doore

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 13:38:06 »

...birds suddenly appear?
Barry Scott

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 13:45:30 »

It's probably the only time i wear my town top! Wore one in Australia a few years back, I loved people recognising it and others asking who i supported. My mate was lucky enough to go last years Champions League final and in a bar in Rome, some lads came up to him and said hello, because they too were town supporters and recognised the top, although i suppose football based events don't count!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 13:45:44 »

... only fools and horses work?
Dazzza

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 13:47:05 »

When you get to a certain age football shirts should be reserved for the house, gardening, football (playing or watching) and at a push the local but only when there’s football on.

Not one for stereotyping anyone but aside from wearing dungarees and engraving a swastika on my forehead or cracking one off under my burgh-a (so named after the noise I make)  I can’t think of another garment when worn outside of the above that draws judgement from others.  Albeit less severe and quite a good range of judgements.

Burgh-aaaaaaaaahhh

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 13:47:30 »

I've not once yet met a Reading fan who wasn't there during the Elm Park days - allegedly.  In pretty much the same way you'll never meet a French octogenarian who wasn't a member of the Resistance.
Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 13:52:11 »

I've not once yet met a Reading fan who wasn't there during the Elm Park days - allegedly.  In pretty much the same way you'll never meet a French octogenarian who wasn't a member of the Resistance.

I have a banker and he'd never heard of Andy Gurney.  After that I spat at him and then had a burgh-ahhh on his jacket while he was at the bar.

spacey

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 14:00:21 »

cant count

hmmmmm, just checking.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 14:07:08 »

OK, so why does c ant (without a space) change to cunt?  Cheesy

What other words change?
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 14:13:33 »

it's changed back now

Barry Scott

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 14:15:51 »

OK, so why does c ant (without a space) change to cunt?  Cheesy

What other words change?

It was me to de-censor those who choose to not swear. The trouble is people write c**t, but in the filters section it sees * as a wildcard so matches any 2 letters! That's my fun ruined. Sad My other portion of fun is a filter for the football club stolen from Wimbledon.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 14:46:46 »

fools fall in love ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Barry Scott

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 15:10:44 »

Or a Franchise fan who wasn't a Wimbledon supporter, or a Man U fan who hasn't "always supported them like the rest of my family."

And just to name drop in regard to the resistance, my Great Grandad was one of the reasons France was the way it was, because he supported the Nazis, or something like that. At least that's what my late Grandad often told me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Etienne_Bonnet
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 15:12:12 »

It was me to de-censor those who choose to not swear. The trouble is people write c**t, but in the filters section it sees * as a wildcard so matches any 2 letters! That's my fun ruined. Sad My other portion of fun is a filter for the football club stolen from Wimbledon.
Franchise, Franchise (testing, testing)

EDIT: Ha, nice one Barry. Although it should replace them with "Liars, cheats and thieves" or "Despicable club-stealing shitehawks"
Rich Pullen

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 15:18:27 »

...n't you carry on with what you doing..." Smiley

Oh and eurgh modern Reading fans.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: