Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Psssst... interesting rumour.... shhhh.  (Read 5421 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 17:22:25 »

they hate Lowe but thats becuase he fucked about with their managers and sold players that the managers didnt want him to sell. if that happened here then its not good. i cant see it happening tbh. maybe Lowe is considering putting in an offer for STFC but i doubt that the current board know anything about it
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 19:02:25 »

clive woodward would make a good coach i reckon, fitness levels would rise considerably, and it'd be a hell of alot more organised behind the scenes! not sure he's quite there tactically just yet, but then again, i think this rumour is compete bollocks, so not gonna happen!

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 21:28:18 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
clive woodward would make a good coach i reckon, fitness levels would rise considerably, and it'd be a hell of alot more organised behind the scenes! not sure he's quite there tactically just yet, but then again, i think this rumour is compete bollocks, so not gonna happen!
Apparantly some of the things he did were quite innovative. Even had a computer programme designed to analyse individual players' performances!!! He could be great given the chance, but I can't see it happening and dont know how I would feel if it was to happen
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 5, 2006, 09:22:47 »

cant see it happening but if it did it wouldnt be that bad in my opinion

why not he'd only be the 'assistant'

Come on YOU REDS!
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, May 6, 2006, 18:59:31 »

A friend of mine who has strong contacts with AFC Bournemouth players/management has said that the announcement of Lowe as the next chairman is imminent, and has even put a £50 bet on it happening.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, May 6, 2006, 19:37:32 »

the next chairman for us or Bournemouth? also wasn't it Sir Clive who thought of the Watford idea of taking penalties in front of your own fans to practice for the play offs? still after today i dont think they will be needing them......
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 6, 2006, 19:53:41 »

Quote from: "Rich"
the next chairman for us or Bournemouth? also wasn't it Sir Clive who thought of the Watford idea of taking penalties in front of your own fans to practice for the play offs? still after today i dont think they will be needing them......

Taking over us. It makes sense really, as Lowe looks set to be leaving Southampton due to fan pressure plus fellow shareholders increasing their stakes in the club.

Swindon look like an attractive club to takeover, as we are in the process of building a new stadium, we are a relatively cheap club to buy (eg league 2 status) and we potentially have a decent fan base which would probably get 20k attendances a week if we were in the premship or a resonably high championship side.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, May 6, 2006, 19:56:48 »

it does all make sense but i hope its not true! the bloke couldnt run a football club if he tried. mind you neither can Willie Carson
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, May 6, 2006, 20:21:15 »

he is called rupert. end of.

should stick to fox hunting and pheasent shooting.

Things get better but they never get good
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 09:44:26 »

Lowe would be good for the short term (ie next 5 years), as hes a shrewd businessman, and could potentially turn Swindon into a profit making club.

However under his control, if we ever made it to the championship/premiership, hes not the kind of chairman who will pump £20 million into a transfer kitty for players.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 23:13:51 »

Mate of mine is a Southampton fan and seems to think this is true. Pretty strong rumour apparently.
Danjackson10

« Reply #26 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 08:31:10 »

My gf has spoken to Mr Lowe a few times, she says he seems like an alright bloke and he is a cracking business man but i think his ability to run a football club is questionable! He has been out of favour at Southampton for a long time. In my honest opinion i cant actually see this situation happening.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 08:34:55 »

If Lowe were to leave Southampton I would have thought he'd keep a low profile for a while. He's been getting a lot of grief from the fans and the press alike atm.
STFC Village

« Reply #28 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 09:31:22 »

Lowe's company, Lowe & Oliver, are based in Abingdon. Not neccessarily a link, but meh
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, May 8, 2006, 17:27:09 »

the more i hear about this the more i cringe because the more trueful it all sounds! i wouldn't read too much into a saints fan thinking its a dead cert because they are bound to say that as they want rid of him desperatly!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: